Reviews for Dear Shishou
Wrath Of The Heavens chapter 13 . 4/22/2013
I imagine that one of his old comrades finds the letters he left behind and sends them years later to Hiko...
Murasahki-chan chapter 13 . 6/16/2012
Oh goodness, what a lovely Kenshin/Hiko moment! Kenshin has proclaimed his independence, and the minute an emotional quandary presents itself, he's calling for his Shishou. What a very canonical piece of characterization. Very enjoyable.
skepsis66 chapter 12 . 2/1/2010
Wow... poor Kenshin!
sueb262 chapter 12 . 5/22/2009
i like the idea that his trying to stop his cheek's bleeding feeds into his natural (and, then, acquired) reticence-that is a genius touch: all his experiences seem to be colluding to oppress any normal expression.

and i can't help feeling that hanging with that snake i'izuka only exacerbates his "descent into madness" (thank you, conspirator, for that fabulous fic!)-and we know what comes of it later!

and the idea that there was a "real" beginning to his idea that he couldn't get his hands clean was another genius addition to the reality of this character-i love it when occult happenings turn out to have a basis in fact-it seems to imply that none of us are immune from insanity, if life pushes us hard enough.

the way you have him focusing on the here-and-now while we, who know the whole story, can read such prophesy in his words is compelling-it's almost like i can here the dark, forboding theme music of the kyoto arc behind this entire series.
Raberba girl chapter 12 . 5/8/2009
Eek. Yet one more reason why I like the manga better than the OVA.
Raberba girl chapter 6 . 5/8/2009
Ah, so it's just "K" now. Poor kid.
Raberba girl chapter 5 . 5/8/2009
That was pretty funny about Kenshin's experiences on his fourteenth birthday curing him of pranking Hiko.
Raberba girl chapter 4 . 5/8/2009
I've never seen fics that so directly address Kenshin's initiation into hitokiri work; it always takes place when he's been doing it for a while. These chapters are very sad (though good, of course).
Raberba girl chapter 3 . 5/8/2009
Raberba girl chapter 2 . 5/8/2009
ROFL, "And no, I wasn't mistaken for a girl again, THANK YOU."
kingleby chapter 12 . 5/3/2009
poor kenshin

great chapter!
skenshingumi chapter 12 . 4/22/2009
I am glad you are still writing. I like how you continue to show the scared, insecure side of Kenshin even when all the world only sees a remote aloof killer. You reveal him from a whole other viewpoint while keeping the details the same: his reluctance to talk, his ever unclean hands, his slowly giving credence to superstition. I hope you keep on.
skenshingumi chapter 11 . 3/11/2009
I am glad you are still writing. And of course, this is antoher turnign point. I would imagine that on top of everything else, Kenshin would feel ashamed that another poorer swordswam marked him.
Murasahki-chan chapter 11 . 3/4/2009
I like it! Like how you worked in an explanation for Kenshin's tendency to sleep anywhere but in his bed. I'm really enjoying these little insights into Kenshin, especially how he almost gains a little self-awareness himself.
shara gurl chapter 11 . 3/2/2009
Still care so don't stop love your style and idea