Reviews for Coronation: The End and Beginning of Things
Comet Wong chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
I love this fic...you portrayed Aragorn's character quite well...everybody in fact...nice work!
Peaceful Peinguin online chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
Oh my sweet Jesus mister Tolkien is that YOU risen from the grave, out writing again? It has to be you, this is amzing!

I love you, so have a biscuit! *Hands biscuit*
RS chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
Beautiful! Breathtaking! You have captured the moment in all its glory..and then some! Hope you continue posting stories such as this. You have a truly wonderful talent. Thank you for a lovely and touching story!
BregoBeauty chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
Brillant! This was amazingly well-written! Bravo! *claps* :)
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
A delightful story, but it badly needs the paragraphs breaking up to make it easier to read, I think then you would get far more well deserved reviews.
Aelaer chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
Oh lord... WOW.

It has been a long, long, *long* time since I have been so moved by a story! Before I go into endless praise, I have a couple things...

Firstly, you may want to change the summary to reflect what this piece is actually about. Something about Aragorn's coronation. Saying that you're new and stuff is better for the profile :)

Secondly, what Aragorn sings is Elendil's oath, when he comes to Middle-earth. I don't know if your change was intentional or not, but if you are following movie-verse, that's what he sings. I could even give you the lyrics; they're right in ROTK

Thirdly, 'okay' is not a Middle-earth word... it should not be used in fan fic, either, except parodies and whatnot.

Next, you probably want to split this up into more paragraphs; the paragraphs are much too long, and definitely need to be split up to make it easier to read. Find natural pause points and break a few of these paragraphs into two or three... maybe even four places for some of them. Especially the paragraphs with more than one person speaking.

And lastly, it is the "Ring of Barahir", not the "ring of Beren". Barahir was Beren's father, though... if you didn't know xD I have absolutely no idea if you've read the books or how much you know of Tolkien, so... yea.

With that being said...

WOW. I haven't been so moved by a fan fiction piece in a *long* time. It has been a few months since I've felt like this.

This whole piece was brilliant, despite the fact I lost my spot here and there because of the long paragraphs ;P And when I say brilliant, I really mean it. Rarely do I see new people to bring such... such talent!

The beginning with Aragorn bowing, and Gandalf's impatience and fatherly-like love... that brought a smile to my face. I love to see interactions between those two, for unfortunately they are rare in fan fiction.

Then the whole crowning scene was just great... you wrote it beautifully. Between that part and after the singing, I felt a little melancholy.. as if *I* were there. That happens very, very rarely when I read fan fiction. I actually *felt* the atmosphere... it brought chills.

I loved Aragorn's interaction with the children. If anything, I'm an absolute sucker for Aragorn-kid interactions. Way too few of those as well... and even fewer well-written ones. I love them so much And it was great to see him chatting with a few of his subjects

Wow, that Eowyn and Faramir scene... that flashback was really moving! You really captured their love... few do, but you did it.

I love how you mention that only few of the elves were blond! It's a common misconception that many elves are blond... most *are* dark-haired. And that scene with Aragorn mistaking that elleth for Legolas was just classic! It sent me into giggles.

And then... when Aragorn came to Arwen... *wow*. I actually got teary-eyed. I can count on one hand the number of fics I have gotten teary-eyed over. Last one was in... November, I think. Sometime last winter. And never before has it been a romance that I got emotional over. I mean, it was... SO moving! And I loved the 'Hello there' after their kiss... so casual, yet so true!

And then the last paragraphs... oh, so good, so good.

You brought this scene, which has been written about many times, and is only 30 seconds long, and has very little dialogue, into this huge one-shot... and made it completely new and brilliant. I usually do not like movie-one shots because I have completely memorized the movies and those one-shots are boring and all the same. You brought it out in a completely new light. You made it refreshing. Heck, you made me want to go get the DVD and see that scene again.

This is definitely one of the best, if not the best movie one-shot I have ever read, and certainly one of the best one-shots around.

You are EXTREMELY gifted. I rarely see such talent. You are very, very, very... gifted. It is an absolute pleasure to see such talent here. We don't get such talent here often. And as you can see, you have made me so amazed that I cannot even come up with new words and sound repetitive :P

Oh, if you want more reviews, turn on anonymous posting: go to your main page, and then go to 'reviews'. It's simple from there.

And if you wish to reply to your reviews, there is a reply option on the review email (if you receive the reviews by email) or you can reply to them on the review page of the story... there is a link to reply right under the reviewer's name, for signed reviews.

So, other than those few mistakes (which are easily correctable, if you want to correct them... all you need to do is find the original document, make the adjustments, re-submit it, go to this story in your account and replace the chapter... you won't lose any of your reviews)... well, this is an A story!

Well done. This goes on my faves, and I'll be watching you for more of your fiction.

Cheers,

Laire
Vanagristiel chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
Hey! You finally joined us here at I had the privilege to read this first hand, and it is simply a beautiful intake of the Coronation scene! Very "Tolkienesque" hehehe as I said before! Loved it! Specially the part between Aragorn and Legolas! It's awesome the way you write those two! Hope to read more from you! I'm waiting for an original plot! hehehe I KNOW you have some great ones stored in your head! hehehe so hit the keyboard and write!