Reviews for A Likely Story
vulpecatonks chapter 6 . 7/30/2011
Great chapter, except Tonks was in Hufflepuff in her olf school days. Just saying...
rowanuk chapter 11 . 10/29/2007
This was a fantastic story.
CoyoteWolf chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
I really liked the bit between Severus and the Dark Lord. It was...wicked!
wynnleaf chapter 11 . 4/4/2007
Very enjoyable story with Snape IC throughout, as well as the other characters. Your Sirius was well done, too.

I appreciated your ending, in which Tonks still fancies Snape, but is starting to like Lupin more as well. It makes a good ending that is upbeat, but still allows for canon as Tonks later turns more and more to Lupin. And Snape's later comment in HBP about her new patronus make sense, too.

So now I've read all of your posted stories on ff. You're definitely one of the better writers of Snape-centric stories. I'll reccommend your stories around and about some of the fandom, if you don't mind.
wynnleaf chapter 4 . 4/4/2007
Interesting look at what's going on at Grimmauld Place and the Order when Dumbledore left Hogwarts.

By the way, I loved Snape's reference in Chapt. 3 to Canine Crunchies. Yes, I recognize where that's from. It even fits Snape's age and being a half-blood that he'd know the reference and Sirius would never catch it.
wynnleaf chapter 3 . 4/4/2007
This is only the second Snape/Tonks fic I've read and it's quite good. Your Snape has the right tone - sarcastic, a little malicious, but not truly nasty. I particularly like the narrator's "voice" which is nicely clever.

The first chapter was awkward as you switched point of view with no warning. I like this point of view (for this story) much better than your original first person.

Your other characters all seem well drawn. In particular I like your Dumbledore and the relationship you set up between Snape and Albus. All the Order members and the Order interaction works well, too.
mslupin21 chapter 11 . 3/5/2007
i really liked this fic...i was so disappointed to see that it had ended...maybe a sequel? anywho, great writing :]
amsev chapter 11 . 12/4/2006
I do hope you find time to revisit this intriguing story. It's been fascinating reading about the events in OotP from the adults' POV. Very well written. I would look forward to reading more!
CarnivoreDy chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
Cool fic
rebelwilla chapter 11 . 5/7/2006
Aw they like rach other so much they can't keep their hands off each other!
rumor and sigh chapter 11 . 5/3/2006
Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is a very judicious way to end the story. We can all form our own ideas on the ultimate outcome. Thank you for showing us a characterization of Snape who is compassionate, complex, and conflicted. I'm sad to see this story end, but I understand your time constraints. I hope you'll keep writing. You have a real gift for character and plot development, and you've really improved on clarifying individual character's points of view. Thank you again for one of the most enjoyable, believeable stories in this series.
duj chapter 10 . 4/15/2006
It took a lot longer than this for Snape to realise where the kids had gone - or at any rate, to notify the Order of their probable whereabouts. Hours must have gone by - long enough for the kids to fly from Scotland to London on Thestrals and then some.
rumor and sigh chapter 10 . 4/15/2006
I really like how you have portrayed Snape; the pressures he is under, the conflicting powers he must serve. He deserves Tonks, and it's sad to think that,if we follow canon, that he'll be losing her soon. After Sev's direct approach andappreciation, it's hard to see how she'd ever fall for Remus's wishy-washiness. But she sure seems to like those dangerous men, doesn't she? I will hold out hope that she'll eventually get tired of the Werewolf, and will wind up with Severus after the war.

As to what happened to Umbridge when she was with the Centaurs: Classical references often have the Centaurs getting drunk and making off with mortal women. Those dudes liked to party. Umbridge probably faced "a fate worse than death" with them, but maybe there were some depths to which even Centaurs would not sink.

Great job, and I'll be sad when your story is concluded!
Kazza chapter 10 . 4/15/2006
Oh well done! You've encompassed the events of Order of the Phoenix into your story very well. Poor Snape - it would be nice if someone other than Dumbles and Tonks trusted him.
rumor and sigh chapter 8 . 4/5/2006
This was a good chapter, and I enjoyed seeing that Snape could be an energetic and imaginative lover while still retaining his smug snarkiness. However, I had to read the chapter a couple of times before I figured this out. The paragraph describing the - um, "boudoir activities" jumped back and forth between Tonks' and Snape's perspectives, and his reading of Tonks' memories was a little confusing. But I loved the closing lines, where Tonks figures out what Sev wants, and reacts just as he wants her to! Thanks, and I'm looking forward to more chapters.