Reviews for The Rising: A fanficcer's novelization
Astrollama chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
This is soo good. Love the behind the scenes look and you have such an visual style of writing Jack.
tselea chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Well done! :)

My favorite bit:

Daniel gave him one of those 'how do three-year-olds get to be generals?' looks.

Jack shrugged because he really didn't know the answer to that one, either.
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
I loved this with all the little details behind Jack's decision to send Sheppard, all the background manoeuvres behind composing the expedition and getting everything in place and all the groups involved relatively happy.

Enjoyed it!
Pocus chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
This was great. I don't know how I missed it for all these years. Great job on Jack and I absolutely love your take on Jack's thoughts about Sheppard (awkward sentence...sorry)
Asugar chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
YAY! Jack and John. You add so much to the episode. Fabulous job as always.
ferryboat George chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Wonderful expanding of that's episode and look at Jack's POV
betty1975 chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
This is really great - that story really did need fleshin out!

But what was forgotten?
La Madrugada chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
Love, Love, Love this fic. Wish we could have seen more of John with Jack/ Antarctica... Glad we can count on stories like yours to help us pretend :-)
Ditzyleo chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
I know i am repeting myself here; but it deserves to be repeated- brillent story!
hidhere chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
Extremely well written and executed story. Totally enjoyed your "Jack speak" truly in character with what we know of the General in 10 years of Stargate. Having "Rising", which I thought was a well done episode, vastly improved by this background tale is a feat in itself. You are a very good writer and I hope to read much more from you in the future. Thank you.
deleted and inactive chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
Fantastic (i'm seriously running out of words now, so a tiny tiny part of me hopes this is your last stargate fic until I get a bigger vocabulary.)

kay x
sgafan33 chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
This was a great re-telling of Rising. I loved all your fill in moments and the story written from Jack's POV. You wrote it so well, I'll have to be very careful not to include your non-canon moments in my memories of the aired version of this story. Good job!
Krows Scared chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
That was outstanding! a brilliant effort at what went on 'in between' the screen time and most especially told from Jack's point of view. Can't really think of anything more to say as I'm almost speechless...
anonymous chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
Thank you for the picture of McMurdo. Every time I read about an Antarctica white as white can be, my "bonehead author" detector starts sending up flares.

One teeny little quibble: Shouldn't you identify "Jack O'Neill" as a Brigadier General? One might wonder why he's being saluted and who has to salute him.
Snow'sLuckyCat chapter 1 . 3/14/2006
this was a mondo-cool tie-in, dude!

as it definitely made more sense that shep would be a might big bit more messed up than he was when using the technology for the first time in the air pilot. i also liked your shep yet again (just like in your 'Alice' fic)...

& OMG! Daniel was perfect too, esp with his being testy with jack within 5 min after seeing him for the 1st timee in 2 months of not seeing him. i swear! those 2 are like an old married couple! ;)

~Sharma,