Reviews for First flight
KayValo87 chapter 5 . 7/9/2011
Very nice.

The only thing is ... now I wish I had the chance to see Scott manning the TB4. ;)
black4minister chapter 5 . 6/10/2008
i loved this. it was so cute-all the different first-and the way you put in the different planes for each one. they are very different people after all. i liked the biggles reference at the end too. i'm a big biggles fan and it's such a pity nobody has put up any fanfic for it.
jadefire305 chapter 5 . 6/23/2006
Great story. It was a good idea to do a short story on each brother.
minstrelsy chapter 5 . 4/12/2006
Quiller - This was an absolute joy from start to finish! I was not expecting the Tiger Moth - superb! All thanks for such a lovely story.
Chemical Girl chapter 5 . 4/12/2006
What a wonderful series, the feeling were exactly how I would imagine them, and it made me feel jealous, which is weird as they are not real. I enjoyed every chapter especially Gordon's.
Prinzessin chapter 5 . 4/9/2006
Great job. overall good story, well, stories...I guess. Anyway, still liked the Virgil one the best (what can I say, I'm biased). :)
Hobbeth chapter 5 . 4/8/2006
What a satisfying ending to a wonderful series of chapters. Each was well written, better than the others. Something to enjoy over and over.

I can't say which chapter was my favorite; they were all good ones. But I can say that you are on my Favorite Authors list and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Well done!
Lillehafrue chapter 5 . 4/8/2006
Aw man...a Tiger Moth? A real Tiger Moth!

Another great one. Loved the glue part. ;) Who knew Alan would have a fondness for antique airplanes? And the patience to put it all back together. The goggles and cap were the crowning touch.

I really enjoyed this chapter, and well, the whole story actually! Thanks so much!
mcj chapter 5 . 4/8/2006
I am so relieved Alan's first flight wasn't depicted with the rocket incident at Colorado University. Whew. Thank you for preserving his dignity (however I could see how much he wished he and Tin-Tin could be glued together as the chapter progressed).

Pen - this has been a wonderful series of chapters, with my favourite funnily enough being John's. You should be most proud of your story-telling skills. They are simple, descriptive and real and anyone who professes to be a writer cannot help but continue to learn from your quiet expertise (and I'm not just talking about comma use!)

yours in respect and writing

Agent Five chapter 5 . 4/7/2006
These are just fantastic! Each one different in its own right and yet as a little collection they work perfectly. And with so little description and almost effortless style, you're inserted straight into the believable lives of the characters. Wonderful!
Spense chapter 5 . 4/7/2006
What a great story! Well worth the wait and the (unsucessful) guessing games. :grins: I love it - all of those Tracy boys just love their flying machines. And who would have thought that Alan had such a sentimental streak. And a nice view into his usually unseen soft side. And the plane is really a living being. The visual of the plane in the back of the barn serving as a roost for chickens was great. I also like how we saw how all of the brothers got into the act.

Lovely, lovely, as always.
Kaeera chapter 5 . 4/7/2006
Well done! I could see Alan in my mind, cruising over Tracy Island in the plane. It must be an awesome feeling, sitting in the wind and having the wonderful view of a tropical island below you!

What a shame the fic is already over - I liked the idea, as it gives a good look into each of the boy's minds. And quite interesting, indeed, what they think.

Great work!
ejb chapter 5 . 4/7/2006
This story makes a change from Alan's usual fixation with racing cars. I could imagine that poor old plane locked away in that barn for years and deteriating. I always feel sorry for old steam railway engines that are allowed to go all rusty and die. You could sense Alan's feelings when he has finally done the restoration work on his new plane and makes his first flight in her. His family standing by too, sharign in his enthusiasm. Well done, a great little series of stories for each of the five brothers. i
Cicilianna chapter 5 . 4/7/2006
Loved Gordon's line about "are you going to just sit in that thing and make brmm brmm noises, or fly in it". Sounds like my younger brother! ;-)

I am also a Biggles fan, so I loved that part at the end. I can just picture Alan! ;-)

A great chapter- infact, the whole collection was great. Thanks for sharing!
JulesDPM chapter 5 . 4/7/2006
Oh, I've come over a bit tearful, and that's not just because its the end of the chapters! I never knew Alan had such a passion for planes. You've given him a nice characteristic there as he explains how he felt he had to make the Tiger Moth fly again. And its good to have a Tracy brother wanting to fly something a little more low-tech!

I can see all these chapters being ones I will want to read several times over and I can give no higher compliment :-)
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »