Reviews for Miles To Go
Anise Nadiah chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
This is really goo. I always like a good, caring John and for one the winchesters are rich men :) I love how u go into their past and explain how it was as it is. All the character are spot on and i really looking forward to your other fic too.
heather03nmg chapter 9 . 12/27/2007
Just discovered this amazing story and I'm so happy I found it.

I love how you gave us a window into each of the Winchester's souls. Your portrayal of their thoughts and actions seemed spot on and true to Kripke's creation.

I love to read stories where the roles are reversed and Sam is the protector and Dean the protected. You did a beautiful job showing us Dean's vulnerable side without making him weak.

Brilliantly written from start to finish and I hope you write more soon!
mouse8 chapter 9 . 9/7/2007
Your writing is utterly fantastic. You include so many details and so much background that your stories are incredibly rich and real and I absolutely love your handle on the characters. This was a pleasure in every way to read - thank you!
lostrealist05 chapter 1 . 7/17/2007
So to start this off your writing is beautiful. I just recently started actually reading Supernatural fics because I was under the assumption that because of how smart the show is the people on fanfiction wouldn’t be able to do the characters or the storylines justice. You have definitely proved that wrong. The most appealing thing about the show is the brother relationship because it’s so solid and you really showcase that in your writing. Despite the fact that you have the boys being more openly caring about one another they are nearly spot on with the characters on the show.

While I can’t say I completely agree with all the vices that Sam seems to accumulate in your writing the overall idea of Dean being very selfless is very logical and very well done. There’s so many ways to just twist their relationship and put one of them in the right and one of them falling short. Dean’s main virtue is loyalty and while that’s certainly honorable it’s also his fault. The show’s already proven it. His “selfless” act of dying for Sam isn’t necessarily as selfless as it seems. He’d rather not live without his brother – and there’s certainly no wrong in that, its just that Sam would then carry the guilt of essentially having killed his brother – the same thing that’s been tearing at Dean since the beginning of the second season because of the sacrifice John made. I’m not necessarily arguing for either side here, its just interesting the route you chose to take in making Dean the right one, especially incorporating Sam’s abilities into it.

Anyways, you’ve certainly done a commendable job with your writing. I have to say I’ll always prefer a story heavy on detail and back story rather than one that moves quickly with dialogue as the only plot progression. As I’ve discovered on this board the stories that read more like a novel aren’t given the type of recognition they should be. Great job! And I hope to see more from you!
nonniemous chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
I am not a huge fan of "schmoopy" stories, but I love Dean and John and Sam-in that order and you sold me on this story when Sam and John were fighting over Dean's damn near unconscious body. And I absolutely agree with you that Dean is by far the most vulnerable of the three. Your assessment of Sam as a toddler being selfish about Dean is also totally right on, as was the future consequences, had it continued to play out that way. Excellent character study of John, too-I'm not happy with the "character assassination" aspects of Season 2's John. (Though I'm not even halfway through watching at this point.)

The one thing I didn't like was Sam's magic "get out of jail free" fortune; that seems kind of anathema to the entire setup of teh show. But it's little enough to forgive for a story that sees and understands Dean as both the heart and glue of the family-and the most vulnerable of them all.
Sarah chapter 9 . 5/8/2007
Now, how come I missed this gem until now? That is a mystery, but one I am proud to say I do not have to live with. Because, the gloves are off and damn if every single chapter of this masterpiece didn't KO me to the point of not being able to think coherently. Suckerpunched is the best description I can come up with. Maybe I should go back and read it again and get back to you. Never mind, I'll probably do that anyway. Outstanding work. I'll be keeping an eye out for your next piece, count on it!
Triskelion chapter 1 . 3/30/2007
Really enjoyed this one. Fascinating take on the relationship between the boys and the way John's engineered it ...

Aww, protective!Sam.

I liked the way we got to see things from all the Winchesters' viewpoints; adds a lot of depth.
Rebecca chapter 9 . 10/26/2006
Awesome story! Loved it through and through! We don't get to see much of John, and his character is often colored by Sam's viewpoint.

Depression is a bitch. I can attest to that. The way you tackled the subject was done well.

Anyway, I hope to see a continuation of this plotline. It's an interesting view, even if it is now technically AU.
MistyEyes chapter 9 . 9/17/2006
VERY amazing story. Great job.
Rhesa chapter 9 . 9/7/2006
Just found this story and read it at one go. It's great - thanks for the entertainment. Loved the way you had Sam providing for the family. As always totally loved Dean, and the mix of humour and angst was great.
Akin chapter 9 . 8/27/2006
I read this story in one breath and I think it is fabulous. I am very surprised that you don't have hords of fans writing reviews, but never mind. Good writing has never been in mainstream :))

I liked your idea with the demon killing because the ladies were/might have been pregnant. It was a very good point and idea.

I also loved the way you depicted the relationships in the family, though I have to say that legally shutting papa Winchester, somehow I can't imagine that. Not to mention the thing that Sam has invested so much. I know that he has brains for it, I can imagine him doing so, but the sums and stuff connected with it you presented seemed a little unrealistic. We know that Sam is smart, even if the numbers were halved, it would be still enough, I think.

Yet that is an insignificant piece of constructive criticism you may ignore, because the story was fabulous. I was interested right from the beginning on. You handled Dean's confused and drugged state splendidly. And the whole story...just one big yummy. Thanks for your hard work, and I am sure it was a hard work because the words are crafted.
Becomingwhaturmeantobe chapter 9 . 8/16/2006
This was awesome! I loved it, you did such a great job. It was great, especially how you wrote it. Amazing, really!
Sam666 chapter 9 . 8/5/2006
hge plus side of never seeing this story before, is that I got to read it all at once, and I loved it. I love seeing John like this, John maynot be the best father, but I always get the feeling that he was infact a father to both boys.

I am the opposite to you, I have a big brother, and funnily enough my name is Sam, and my big brother is very protective and giving, and I have ne0ver to my knowledge thrown him against a wall with the power of my mind.
pizzapixie chapter 9 . 4/6/2006
Powerful and moving, this story's depth and nuance will influence the way I percieve the Winchesters and their relationship with each other from this point on. I sympathise with you on depression and how truly debilitating it is. I do not suffer it, but all of my siblings do. I will say that they,too, are extremely talented and imaginative. I wonder if talent and depression are two edges of the same sword? History seems to agree. Thanks for the wonderful story.
Kira chapter 9 . 3/14/2006
Wow. Loved it. Loved your point of view on Sam's new abilities. And Jessica being pregnant? I would have *never* thought of it - but it makes *perfect* sense. Gosh! Fantastic job.