Reviews for Two Crows Joy
Sinceslicedbread chapter 23 . 12/13/2014
Sublime.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 20 . 12/11/2014
Superb. Masterful storytelling from start to finish.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 9 . 11/14/2014
"...two men. Ain't natural."
"Feels natural t'me."
"It ain't. Polyester ain't natural neither, don't mean it ain't real." When circles make sense.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 8 . 11/14/2014
"He saw me,...and he was the only one who ever did." Enough said.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 7 . 11/14/2014
"He was mine first." Every heart in the room broke.

"Weren't enough t'take my man, now you gotta take my daughter, too." Alma must feel raw and ransacked; even the best burglars usually leave something behind. Not Jack it seems.

"Why'd you leave him if you wanted him so goddamned bad?"
"Because I wasn't you." That is the real source of the Nile. Alma has tried for sixteen years to make peace with the fact, she could never be what Ennis truly wanted - Jack.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 6 . 11/14/2014
This was another touching and insightful update.

I love how you always thread the present to the past; we as readers are always within spitting distance of the original story. We are encouraged to see how much "the boys" have matured and developed over time. Age and circumstance tied them in seemingly impossible knots, in their earlier years; but faith, patience, courage and determination proved that even the knottiest of lives can be unravelled.

I also think that your portrayal of Alma Snr as bitter, fragile, resentful and confused is the most realistic one I've ever read.

Great work.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 4 . 11/13/2014
Sings *there may be trouble ahead*.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 3 . 11/12/2014
Beyond sweet. I loved this.
If only everyone had a partner that listened that intently.
Methinks everyone deserves a little Jack in their lives (sigh).
jojo chapter 30 . 8/1/2014
this is an amazing story but...how about the remaining chapters? this isn't the end is it? where can I find them? thank you for posting this!
Ligerlilly chapter 28 . 5/11/2014
I love this story. You mentioned more chapters and a fabled link to these chapters but I do not know how to find it! I can't leave this story on this note. I'm sorry to break the even 500 reviews but I just have to let you know this story is amazing and I want to read all of it!
XandyNZ chapter 30 . 2/24/2014
I'm actually sort of hoping that Ennis' brother and sister turn out to be supportive... But you'll probably have to update so we can find out!

Read through the prequel and this story in one go, it's just that good. Hope you choose to continue this story soon! 3
ArtistAtPlay chapter 30 . 12/19/2013
So I just finished binge reading this story along with Human Interest, and I couldn't help but notice that it seems to have been left off on a bit of a cliff hanger and hasn't been updated since 2011. You said in chapter 28 that you had some more chapters written on your Live Journal account, but when I checked your homepage the link was gone. It seems a shame. This is such a wonderful story. I love how it just goes about their daily lives. It's hard to find well written stores like this. Do you have any plans to continue, or has it been officially discontinued?
8annie81 chapter 30 . 12/7/2013
No authors not? :'(
Looking foreward to more. This Jackie business is killing me.
8annie81 chapter 29 . 12/7/2013
Oh gosh. This is your evil manical way of setting up a trilogy isn't it? Just gonna keep hooking your readers up like fish. Or drug addicts or something. Give me closure! Please!
8annie81 chapter 28 . 12/7/2013
Asdfghjkl K.E!? K.E!? K E!? You do keep it interesting!
525 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »