Reviews for Two Crows Joy
One night stargazer chapter 3 . 3/28/2006
YAY another chapter, I swear you keep me wanting and dying for more. I love how you are able to caputre their love for one another, and it was really cute how you did the whole date thing. I remember the first date my husband/partner went on, and he did almost the same exact thing, excluding the flowers, but it was nice to remember something like that. Please keep up the excellent work and I hope you update soon.
onefreetoroam chapter 3 . 3/28/2006
Especially liked the part about Ennis finding Jack on the front porch wondering why he was knocking on the door of his own house. ha ha. Also liked the 20 pounds of bullshit in a 10 pound bag - good one. Thanks for a great story.
Inuyashas' Plaything chapter 3 . 3/28/2006
i love your story! it's so sweet and funny! Jack is such a sweetheart! please update soon! i can't wait for more! this is so my favorite story! JACK AND ENNIS FOREVER!-
ballymay chapter 3 . 3/28/2006
Wonderful chapter especially the "date". Looking forward to the next chapter.
x-woman1 chapter 2 . 3/22/2006
I really liked the part where Jack went to Junior's college and met her friends...Dean was hilarious, especially how he thought Ennis was hot, and I loved how Junior was all daring to the evil Golem (LOL) lady when she said the Jack was her "stepdad" and her "daddy's husband". I love it whenever you have Ennis call Jack "baby", its so adorable and beautiful. Only a few concerns though: I hope you don't have Ennis become too talkative with his feelings, saying "I love you" all the time, cause I loved it when he said it unexpectedly, it made it worth all the more because it was so rare. It would lose its specialness if Ennis became too open; it might get taken for granted and wouldnt mean as much as when it it suddenly bursts forth from his mouth when Jack is least prepared. As Dean says, I love how Ennis has the "real rugged, no-bullshit, High Noon thing going on" and I wouldnt want him to lose it.

I love your writing style, update again! btw, why were Ennis and Lizzy in Plattsburg?
Sam Cdn chapter 2 . 3/21/2006
All right, so I finished reading "Human Interest" earlier today and I decided I'd wait a bit before starting on "Two Crows Joy" so that I could get back to the *ahem* real world for a bit ... well, so much for resolutions! I needed more and I was glad I gave in! I'm so excited to read more of this; it looks like this story is shaping up to be just as wonderful as the last! I totally loved how Jack kept thinking of that nasty monitor (or whatever she was) as "The Golem" ... hilarious!

OK, I just have to say one thing, and I really don't want you to take it as a flame because I really do appreciate and enjoy the skill of your writing. Thing is (now you've got me writing like Ennis and Jack speak!), I sometimes find in your writing that our two favourite men talk about things a little too much. For example, the whole thing with Ennis asking Jack if he ever wished he was a woman. Now, I realize that this didn't come easily for Ennis and that he had to struggle to put it out there, and I also realize that this Ennis is a different Ennis from the one we know from the story and movie since he's been changed by his life with Jack, but I can't help but question whether a conversation like this could ever happen between these two men. Now, that's just my opinion and in a way, I'm not so sure about it because I kind of like seeing how you'd imagine a conversation like this between them would go ... I like hearing what the two of them have to say about it! But when I really think about it, some of the conversations you've written between Ennis and Jack just seem a little bit too much for the two of them. Going back to Proulx's story, there is so much that the two of them don't say, but everything the perceptive reader needs to know is right there in front of him or her. But again, these two men are different from the ones in Proulx's story because they chose a different path. So basically, this is my opinion, but I'm not really sure of it and I'm totally fine with you agreeing or not agreeing ... I just wanted to put it out there!

Sorry about the really long review. Again, I really enjoy your writing and I am eagerly anticipating Chapter 3!

-Sam
Jods315 chapter 2 . 3/21/2006
So, I didn't get a chance to get in here yesterday after I read the chapter...I'm here now.

Just wanted to sayd "KUDOS" to Junior for introducing Jack around as her "Stepdad". Very sweet that she's warmed up to him as she's done.

It's too bad that Ennis still harbors all those fears...I think Jack needs to work on him...er, that with him. (*Did I just say that out loud?* LOLOL)

Great update in any case! Thanks again, so very much
thomas1978 chapter 2 . 3/20/2006
*FALLS TO KNEES, GRABS FACE IN HANDS, & CRIES AT BEING FINISHED*

I've read the entire "Human Interest" intallment in ONE day, then I started "Two Crows," and I'm depressed beyond words that there's no more to read.

I agree: You ARE a god.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you more more more more more write faster write faster write faster write faster (mayhap that will work subliminally).
Futile Devices chapter 2 . 3/20/2006
Lovely, as usual. Loved Junior calling Jack her 'step-dad', and the Jack/Ennis conflict at the end was so well-written. I still can't believe how good your dialogue is :). More soon!
Inuyashas' Plaything chapter 2 . 3/19/2006
oh! i love Jack and Ennis! please update soon! i feel so bad for poor Jack though. I know he forgave Ennis for what he said, but that would hurt my feelings. anywho! their the best couple ever! update soon!- and good luck w/ your book! i'm routin for ya!
Jessymama chapter 2 . 3/18/2006
There are no more words to express how much I love your work! You've got me completely addicted in every way possible. Who ever said that this was the crackfic is definitely right. It's gone beyond loving it to being obsessed with it. Man o man. Great chapter. I love the whole conversation about Ennis wanting Jack to be a woman. Lovely. Very true to character I beleive. AND very touching. Why can't all men be as wonderful as these? Ah well.
Regina Halliwell chapter 2 . 3/18/2006
awesome chapter. love it, and i can't wait for the next one!
Apus-Equuleus chapter 2 . 3/18/2006
I watch Brokeback Mountain twice and I just fall in love with this movie more.

Haven't got the chance to read the book though thus immersing myself in Fanfic ...

Really love your story and you are simply brilliant in writing out the love and life they should have if Ennis just give in for that moment ...

The ending is bittersweet for me and always make my heart swell with emotions to know Jack die in the end ... the last declaration he give to Ennis ... really touch me.

Just want to say thank you for this wonderful story.
JenKneeSuu chapter 2 . 3/18/2006
Great chapter! I love that Junior calls Jack her stepdad. And how she put that desk attendant lady in her place. And I love how her friends were askin questions and how she has a crush on Allan. And poor Junior having her friends ask about her dads' sex life! Made me laugh :)

As for Jack and Ennis..always love them. And I think it's good that Ennis still has thoughts like he does. I mean..he went from being with Alma, to Jack to Alma to Jack..that would have to mess with the mind some. but I loved what he said.

“You’re right,” he said quietly. “I cain’t help it. I jus’ get so tired. Times I wish I had ordinary folks’ troubles. There’s times I want that wife, and that life. One nobody’d hate me for. One that no one’d ever call no abomination.” He sighed. “But I had the wife once, and the life that’s s’posed t’be respectable. It went t’shit, ‘cause I was wishin’ for you. I got my wish too, baby.”

I'm glad he got his wish. I had a bit of fear that they would go to bed kinda fighting..but I'm glad they didn't. But I do hope there will still be a few more not really problems..but bumps in their road to happiness :)

Love the end! Made me laugh :)
onefreetoroam chapter 2 . 3/18/2006
Loved it and waiting for more. Thanks.
519 | « Prev Page 1 .. 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 .. Last Next »