Reviews for When You Close Your Eyes
talyismyminiker chapter 1 . 4/12
It was a dream: she came exhausted and sleepy and fell asleep next to beast boy. Then she started switching from scene to scene to scene, like in dreams. Another reason why she was dreaming was because when she came into the main room filled by the smell of pancake, every teen titans was there and then they dissapeared except for beast boy and raven. Then she and BB did not question their strange dissapearance, like a person in a dream wouldn't question abrupt and out of world things happening around them. Plus at the end he told her to wake urgently, perhaps because he had a bad dream or she seemed to be having one, and kissed her on the cheek tasting the salty sweat she gained from whatever she did that made her exhausted in the beginning of the story. Then he touched her heart , maybe to check she was alive because he had a bad dream, or to check if her heart beat was regular or quick because she was having a bad dream. Then he just let it sit there for a while because he was overwhelmed by affection and love towards her and was just glad she was there next to him.
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 3/18
I do believe she had a "life flashing before her eyes" moment, a long one, and very involved ... right before she drowned.

Now, whether the drowning was a permanent condition or not remains to be seen. Was her heart beating? We don't know.
Montydragon chapter 1 . 3/17
What the heck happened? Did Raven die at the end, or is she still in a coma, or what?
nevar4 chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
i know this is a really late review but i just joined the fanfic community.

So... i really liked it. after a couple hours of examining the text, i concluded that it was a dream.

There are still some things i don't get though. it seems raven was crying about something in the beginning, but why?

And then, I had a bunch of random thoughts while pondering about this. For instance, what if the other person in bed with her wasn't beast boy, but robin? which i really hope it isn't... or what if while she was sleeping, the others decided to pull a prank on her that made her feel like she was dying? gaahh. this is becoming weirder and weirder. please just tell me?
Cassieeee chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
I'm choosing to believe that she's in a coma. But I bet she's dead, and he's trying to trick himself into believing she's still alive..that's why when he places his hand over her heart, and he feels all the emotion or whatever it's because it isn't beating. I don't know, I'm probably way off. But re-reading the first paragraph makes it seem like she's dead. This really saddens me... so I'm gonna say she's in a coma that she'll come out of soon! Ooh or better yet, maybe Beast Boy was overcome with emotion by feeling her heartbeat quicken or something meaning she came out of her coma because BB saved her from the dreams/memories she was drowning in! er, hopefully...
Alexa chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
im confused um... did she like die or something or was she dreaming in a coma? Did all that stuff really happen to her while she was sleeping? did she drown while sleeping on her bed? dont make anymore like this. i am so confused im not really sure what just happened. uhg now my brain/ grey matter is hurting. i think i just lost 6,0,0 brain cells trying to find the 2 understandings. it was good just confusing.
Bell 06 chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
I dont understand could you tell me :)
Re. Stacks chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
(a little late review here but o well)

so was she alive in the beginning? and she was talking about how exhausted she was and was tired of the training and missions and everything so that was probly one cause of her death. since she was so tired . . . or something . .

and then her life flashes before her eyes

and then the time came when she thought she was drowning-probably cuz in the beginning she was cold and sweaty so her sweat resulted in her thinking she was in water drowning . . . wut? - and since she was convinced in her dream that she drowned then she actually drowned in real life . .

which is why beastboy tried to wake her up and felt that she was wet and salty, and wondered what was wrong but when he felt her heart he felt nothing.

is that right?

long review. man this took me a while! good job making me use my brain! (not sarcastically. i actually needed it.) this is amazing.
Toriano.Flacko chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
hopefully a dream, and, 'omikoshbigosh'? ah, no. really hoping it was a dream. im very confused about what BeastBoy was doing in Raven's bed, anyway. i say hopefully a dream (earlier, doncha pay attention?) because i REALLY hate Death.

P.S. Deaths a bitch, thats why.
Jocelyn Torrent chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
Okay, let me think about this...It's seemingly obvious that she was drowing and that Beast Boy saved her but...is that it? I mean, Beast Boy's quoted as wondering "what was going on beneath those closed lids" which I thought signified that she was indeed alive...Of course, the emotion he was overcome with could be relief, joy, love or something else along those lines. I guess she could in fact be dead, but...by drowning? If that were the case this story would seem anticlimactic to me so I hope for your insight on this.

Otherwise, I think you displayed the stream of consciousness very well, especially from a narrative point of view. I always love detail and I thought you nailed that really well

Anyway, hoping that you might take the time to respond to this to help answer some questions :)

P.S. Isn't it nice to get a really long review after so many "it was good, update!"? :)

Jocelyn
anonymous chapter 1 . 11/30/2007
oh! i think she died in her sleep! if not then i have no clue. thanks for posting this, now i wont be able to sleep because id be trying to figure out the story! (lol, im kidding!)
AND U KNOW THIS chapter 1 . 8/3/2007
OH I get it her entire life passed before her eyes before she drowned! ok I get it. that was a really good Idea.

sorry for the late review I was going thrugh the stories and I found this one...lucky me huh?

this is going streight to my favorates lets see if the people who go to my page can figure it out!
Raven's Secret chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
first, one question about the author's note at the end. when you said "I might make a little pole just for my own purposes hehe." did you mean a "pole", as in a vertical metal (or other material) cylindrical-shaped object coming from the ground, often associated with electrical purposes, or a "poll", as in something that persons can vote on to determine which of multiple subjects are more popular or desired than the others?

okay, now that that annoyingly long thing is over, i will get on with the story itself.

i thought it was really creative. after reading it over a couple times, i have come to a conclusion. er...my conclusion anyway. i think that in fact, it was a dream that killed her.

to elaborate...you know how people have those dreams where they fall off of cliffs? well, science and studies tell us that if someone, at the end of the dream, hits the bottom of said cliff (or whatever they are falling from), they will die. You see, in dreams, our minds are convinced that we are really and truly in those positions and scenarios, so when one hits the ground with significant force in a dream, the mind believes that we truly did so, and will tell the brain and heart to cease activity, thus killing one.

in Raven's case, I believe in her dream she was drowning (duh) and her mind convinced itself that she truly was drowning, and when she died in her dream, her mind forced her to die in real life.

kk, i will shut up now. :)
ravanwolf chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
Hm... Toughie. Dream or death... Could Raven be in a coma? That might just explain why Beast boy told her she needed to wake up. Bleh. I have no idea. Is this a oneshot?
Ravyn13 chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
Not to be repetitive, but Wow.

I really like this. Very fast paced, a bit confusing, but just to keep you paying attention.

Personally, Raven being my fave and all, I have to go with either 1) Dreams of an exahusted mind, or

2)a combo of what mew-xena said. Maybe she was drowning, and BB saved her or in a coma listening in on the conversations of her teammates, having flash backs.

Any way you cut it, though, this is fantastic!

Thank you!