Reviews for Conversion
Deandra chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Quite incredible! I am very glad lindahoyland directed me here! I'll have to check out some of your other work also, now. Certainly this one was impressive - moving, sad, humorous and even 'hopeful' (nice touch that he thinks the king should be named 'hope'). The cynicism, the anger, the resentment - all well played and justified, and a nice transition as he begins to perceive his misjudgement of the man. The king didn't cause his problems, nor can he solve them all, but they agree to work together to do what can be done. Excellent leadership from Aragorn, and believable 'conversion' by Talion.

One thing:

the crude alter - in Am. English, that would be spelled "altar" (don't know if you are other than American, or if it is spelled differently elsewhere).

Well done!

- Deandra
meckinock chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
Wow. What a powerful and moving story. Linda Hoyland remarked in posting "Seeking the Sun" that this story inspired her, and I can see why. Talion is a remarkable character, and his exchange with Elessar was life-changing indeed. An apt title.
Seraph chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Wow. Really, wow.
Mysterious Jedi chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
Excellent story. Unique perspective
Larner chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
"They say" many things, some true, some false, some indeterminate. But here we have a man renewed by hope returned by the king. Will he in time come to know that the King WAS named "Hope" when he was a child?

Wonderful story!
Neko-Cat-Sama chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
I like the fact that the man thought Aragorn should be named Hope. Very touching.
Elariel Erestorion chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
This is a wonderful book based piece of writting. It had me in tears even as I smiled. Keep writting you have the ability to draw the reader in to your work.
Nienor Niniel chapter 1 . 3/21/2006
Wow. That one is *really* fantastic!

Nienor
leralonde chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
this story had me weeping most of the way through. I loved the language you used. It was entirely believable that it was this young man speaking and not you. Aragorn's own grief for this man was felt deeply. I really liked it when he said the king should have been named Hope. I, too, voted for your story. I'm always glad when other readers agree with me. Many times they don't. Laura
Estelle Tiniwiel chapter 1 . 3/14/2006
Really good. I liked the way the story concluded with the repition of the "they say" idea; it wrapped everything up nicely. Sensitive and well written.
Thorongirl chapter 1 . 3/14/2006
Excellent story, one of your finest. You remembered the 'little people' who are ultimately the cogs in the machine. I like the way you got us to see the narrator's side of things and the way that Elessar was able to break down those barriers. No knee-jerk reaction - rather, his wisdom shone in his ability to have true empathy for his assailant. This is really very well done, the last paragraph outstanding. Thank you SO much for sharing it with us.
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
Oh... my... gosh! EXCELLENT! Wonderful story, so bittersweet and... wonderful!
White Wolf1 chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
I'm not usually into first person stories, but this one is very good. It got one of my votes at Teitho.

The anger and bitterness that gradually gives way over the course of the story was done with a fine touch. I'm glad Talion didn't hold on to his resentment but instead put his energy to good use. Great job.

Congrats on second place!
hanci chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
I'm sorry I didn't get to vote for your story on Teitho contest, I was late. It's captivating, and not only because of the unusual point of view.

I liked the "they say..." at the beginning and the end.
Elflingimp chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
That was really moving its not often in stories you see this point of view,you are really talented and Im glad you won second place you truely deserve it!Ill be waiting for more.
35 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »