Reviews for The Measure of a Man
Azamiko chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
*cheers*
anon chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Weirs "scathing dressing down" was actually very unprofessional, and not neccessary at all. McKay was clearly aware of what he had done without her shrieking at him in front of the people he had to work with. However, she was clearly angry and therefore you can understand why she did it. I don't believe for an instant that after all the emotion had settled she, as a strong professional woman, would have still thought her outburst was reasonable. To see her calmly thinking two weeks after the fact about how she was right to do what she did is extremely out of character. The fact that Sheppard (who in this fic behaved far far worse than McKay did) was let off with a stern ticking off was hugely hypocritical of her. It blatantly states that while McKay needs to be treated like a naughty child for making a mistake, Sheppards gross negligence can be dealt with mature dialogue. A rather out of character moment in an otherwise good fic.
MaggieL80 chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Nicely done. Well written, spot on exploration of John and Rodney's characters. As always love the whump and angst. Enjoyed Rodney getting to play hero. Nice supporting cast with Teyla, Ronan, Elizabeth and Carson. I come back and reread this story often. Have never left a review before now. I really enjoy how you develop a story and the character interaction. Off to read more.
Gundambaby chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
Ah, nice and well written :) Just plain right!

thanks for writing
Beth Green chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
Howdy!

I continue to follow one story rec after another as I make my way through all of the SGA fanfic that's out there. Unlike other fandoms, there are so many good stories that some (like this one) seem to get lost in the shuffle. This story should have 140 reviews, not just 14, so here's one more.

I really liked the way you chose to mend the rift between John and Rodney post-Doranda. Rodney owies are always appreciated, and in this story there was the added bonus of Rodney getting to be the hero, leading to a nice bit of John angst.

Noting the date when you posted this, an example of how dead spot on your characterizations were was the following:

“I, uh, I have not been able to…I wanted to but…” Sheppard couldn't even explain his conflicted emotions to Dr. Radek Zelenka - it was no wonder that he'd made no headway in his personal issues with McKay.

You wrote Sheppard the way the show's writers did when he and Teyla had their little heart-to-heart 'discussion' in Sateda.

Thanks for sharing!
Hettie chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
Another to add to Favorites.
Alipeeps chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
Nice fic. Coupla teeny spelling mistakes here and there but overlal this was well-written. I liked your characterisation for the most part - though I found Carson's overt hostility a bit OOC. Lovely McKay whumpage though and you dealt nicely with the aftermath of the Arcturus incident.
Duff chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
Excellent work. Very well constructed. Great character development.

Will now be looking for more of your work.

Thanks.
Sholio chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
So sweet! A very nice Trinity tag. It's good to see the reconciliation, and Rodney being willing to risk his life for Sheppard was ... so very Rodney.
nyrocat chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
THIS IS FRICK'N AWSOME!
Shakia chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
Aw, this was a really good story I felt so bad for Rodney, you wrote this so well! Love the ending and love where Shepard appoligizes. :3 Great Trinity post fic. I loved it.
krysalys chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
Spectacular post-ep, m'dear.

-}-

Krys
chaps1870 chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
That really hit my angst button. You showed Rodney's internal pain very nicely and made me want to cry.
AnCa chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
I enjoyed this :) A nice take on Trinity and Rodney whump with it? Excellent! Hope to see more such fics from you :)
mouse8 chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
Oh, I needed that. That was the sequel I wanted to read - John regetting those rather nasty words he uttered in response to Rodney's apology. Thanks!