Reviews for Consequences
Ourozero chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
Awesome a Shinji gets Revenge. i always love that idea.
Dartz-IRL chapter 2 . 3/15/2006
A fic that doesn't kill Gendo simply for the sake of saying, "Hahaha I've killed Gendo" but instead as an important plot point, and which deals with the consequences of that action.

An interesting question you've posed as well.

Do Gendo's action towards Shinji justify murder?
Vic chapter 2 . 3/13/2006
ohh crap. now shinji will do one of two things. either decend into a state of catatonia (misato post 2nd impact) or maybe kill himself. one way or another, angst galore
Somewhere NofA chapter 2 . 3/13/2006
Hidy Hi.

Although I’m not too big of a fan of killing Gendo, I’m glad to see you’re the first person looking realistically at the consequences of it. You do what you normally do in your fics and take a rather minimalist approach, but you seem to be pulling it off well enough, and at least it comes off as being done purposefully rather than just due to a lack of effort put forth, as most fics which are light on the details normally do.

Oh yeah, and a little note to Gunman. SEELE would be right pissed if Shinji killed Gendo. They put Gendo in charge of the Eva project, and were actually not all to happy about him using Shinji, SEELE would probably have been happier if Gendo killed Shinji. Remember, they don’t know about his plans, and one of the main reasons they distrust him is “because” he’s using Shinji as a pilot, which they believe should only be controlled under their terms. SEELE’s version of 3I may well not even involve UNIT-01, only Gendo’s does for certain. (If you want links, PM me, I can't put them in a review.)

Have a good one eh.
Hououza chapter 2 . 3/13/2006
An interesting story so far, a definite departure from most other views of Gendo, I'm not quite sure where this will go, what kind of vision it will show of both the man and his son.

But still, it will be interesting to see how Shinji reacts, to know that he killed his father without reason, at least from his view of the world. The question is does that change what Gendo was trying to do or who he had become.

I look forwards to seeing what comes next.

Good luck & best wishes,

Hououza
gunman chapter 2 . 3/13/2006
Okay, we all know Gendo was a bastard, but you're playing this up like killing the man was an actual crime. Hell, realistically, one would think SEELE would post Shinji's bail for this because they need him more than Gendo. Right? I mean all Gendo does is give orders, Shinji piloting Unit 01 is the keystone to The Human Instrumentality project.

(Even is Gendo had Adam in the palm of his hand, literally, which I'm sure was not part of SEELE's plan)

I was kinda wondering when you were going to let Shinji explode at what he had done, letting all of his emotions out and defending his position instead of running away.

Shinji killed Gendo. GIVE THE KID A FREAKING MEDAL, WITH A PROMOTION AND BENEFITS!

Good story so far.
shinji the good sharer chapter 2 . 3/13/2006
nice, i hope shinji gets the medal of honor when Gendo's plans are revealed.

ikari shinji
gunman chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
Pretty short.

A good internal battle mostly having to do with Shinji's own indecision becoming solid and laid out before him. He blames his father, and rightly so, because the man just doesn't give a damn about human life.

You really put alot emphasis on Shinji's emotions, not what was actually happening, or other peoples reactions to the event.

Nice one.
the Lone Haranguer chapter 2 . 3/13/2006
You write quite well, though I have some slight reservations about the characterization. Also, Shinji did not know who was piloting the other Eva, but that is very minor.

Shinji would not, I think, object to anyone else describing him as a monster, particularly not at a time like this. He is a person slowly being eaten alive by self-hatred and despair, even before this happens. Recall his outburst to Toji and Kensuke at the train station earlier in the series: "I deserve to be beaten! I'm worthless and weak!" Self-hatred, doubt, hopelessness, and a belief that he lacks any worth are as much a part of what he is as the berserker rage he so often displays in battle. Shinji is, like everyone else in NGE, pretty badly screwed up.

Oh, and I'm not a Gendo basher, though surely you can see that he's not an easy person to like. I understand that he is driven by an obsession to be reunited with his wife, and he is willing to risk destroying the world for one last chance at this. Gendo is a fanatic: a person who redoubles his effort while losing sight of his goals (would Yui love the man he has become, after all he has done?). Gendo is a complex, tragic, screwed-up character, not quite a villain, but I do not think Hideki Anno intended him to be likable.

Rumor has it that Hideki Anno based Gendo on Hayao Miyazaki, and Gendo's rather rude declaration to Shinji in the first episode ("Do it or get out, if you can't do this I have no use for you!") is from a conversation the two had when Anno was a young animator working on one of Miyazaki's films.
Genesis D. Rose chapter 2 . 3/13/2006
hmm...thats a new one, I intend to keep my eyes on this fic to see how it progresses.