Reviews for At Least This
Janiee chapter 3 . 5/10/2012
I don't know if you'll get this review considering you wrote this 6 years ago! haha but that was excellent ) it was love. It was poetry and eloquent. Beautiful but not cheesy. You're a really good writer, and while you've probably long forgotten these characters, I hope you're still writing somewhere.
Trinity Destler chapter 3 . 2/22/2010
Gah! I love this. It made me so happy! I wish I could fav it over and over; well-written, perfectly in character and just lovely. I liked that it has an almost peaceful atmosphere.
Ica44 chapter 3 . 11/11/2009
lovely, lovely job! Someone recommended this fic to me and I'm so glad I follwed their rec. You portrayed Max and Logan's relationship, and their insecurities, so beautifully. It brought tears to my eyes several times. Fabulous!
brina2468 chapter 3 . 3/2/2008
I Absolutly love this fic. It is beautiful. I love it!
smilingcatt chapter 3 . 5/10/2007
Just found your story and I really really like it. Thanks for sharing!
intstebri chapter 3 . 3/5/2007
I just can say "tank you"

I'm still swimming in the deeper space of their love.

You know, you could write a story like this in an infinity way, I'll will always read you.

(Sorry for my english)

Brigitte
lkaplon chapter 3 . 12/20/2006
Wonderful piece of fluff!
lisa chapter 3 . 12/17/2006
OK, you're right, it has been done many times before, but you did it very well. It's amazing how the setting changes the mood so much! I love that you put them in Max's appartment - it gave it a much more genuine feel. Thanks for the great story.
Babyangel86 chapter 3 . 10/15/2006
ah... warm fuzzies... :-)
BlueAngel137 chapter 3 . 10/9/2006
Great chapter ... beautiful, lovely, exactly what I needed on Monday morning ;-)! I really enjoyed it.

Favourite parts:

-...He wonders if she ever wears her hair up, neck exposed, around Kendra or Cindy. They know nothing of Manticore, of barcodes, of a fateful frozen night, of getting stuck under the ice while Jondy ran. Only he knows. ...

-...and on those rare occasions that his outlook darkens and he stares solemnly out rainy windows, she’ll softly sympathize or teasingly barb, until his only contemplations involve her soft eyes and rare grins. Sometimes it is she who comforts, rather than him. ... (I like this so much!)

-...He hums to himself when he cooks. She never comments on it, she teases him about many things but the humming is sacred. It’s like when he rubs his hands up and down his thighs when he’s nervous or anxious ... (the whole paragraph is beautiful)

-...She wasn’t a failed experiment or a super soldier when he looked at her the way he did. She was Max. ...

I hope to read more from you soon. Keep it up.

THANKS
shywr1ter chapter 3 . 10/8/2006
This is just lovely...

Overall, the tone and the way you tell this part of the tale is so well done and satisfying. There are so many lovely details, and I'm afaid to start quoting one part for fear of implying the other parts weren't as well done. But there were some moments & lines I just so enjoyed:

"He’d never pictured her as someone who would wear plaid purple cotton, but he supposes one can never tell that sort of thing." (I love this 'one can never tell' part, I think because it helps define the mood, your approach, the gently humored affectionate feeling between them, and that you have toward the characters.)

...the scene of awkwardness of the morning, not being as easy as together in bed, and the too-snug shirt is nice! :} And the whole exchange between them, starting with his clothes and shoes on the table, and Max putting his glasses on him, is wonderful! Especially "...but, she muses, nothing can compare to having your heart’s desire stutter and stammer… Over you…"

"He’s become a master at improvising in awkward spaces." (just like this observation, *and* the way you expressed it.)

"She threads the needle on the first try, as she always does. The thread is a light gray, but she hopes it will pass as white. She hasn’t seen real white thread in years. It’s strange, the things that are missing from the post pulse world. Gray and brown are common but black, white and blue are rare. She supposes that it must have something to do with the dyes. Maybe all the good thread goes to those who can afford it, just like with everything else in America." (This is such a terrific paragraph, an observation of the post-Pulse world that reminds us yet again about them *not* being in the Penthouse, and helps set the scene, but it's brilliant in that it describes a tiny little bit of life (among thousands, I would assume) that is different in their present world. Relating the thread loss to the dye availability- it's a brilliant little detail (among several such) that makes this so far more insightful than just another "the lights went off" sort of description.)

-and from that paragraph on, I would be able to quote every paragraph, and tell you why it's so well done. But particular favorites:

"He hums to himself when he cooks. She never comments on it, she teases him about many things but the humming is sacred. It’s like when he rubs his hands up and down his thighs when he’s nervous or anxious, or how he taps his pencil against his note pad when an errant thought escaped him. Or the tender look he thinks she never sees, when he stares at her. During particularly lonely moments she’ll think of his unconscious, endearing quirks. They always make her feel less alone. She has no idea why." (what lovers do, Max... this is lovely.)

"“I know,” he replies, for the first time in his life completely certain about his place in the world. “I know.”" (This, coupled with the earlier lines, "But then there he was, and she felt alive when he was near. She could breathe easy and relax in a way she’d never imagined. She wasn’t a failed experiment or a super soldier when he looked at her the way he did. She was Max" do such a great job, in a gentle, sweet way, of showing us how much they mean to each other, how each fulfills the other's most basic, human need and makes them whole...)

Just lovely. Thank you so much for this (and I stumbled on this last night; too sleepy to write a review that would make even a bit of sense- and find when I came looking that 'Sightings' is updated now, too. Yahoo!)
ANNA87 chapter 3 . 10/6/2006
Great story! I've always hoped that you'd finish it. ML forever
Chimera452Bast chapter 3 . 10/4/2006
Loves it all. I'm really impressed. This has to be one of my favorites. Great job, and hopefully you can extend this or maybe write more similar to this. Just great work. Keep it up.

A fan
Kyre chapter 3 . 10/4/2006
I really, really like this! Some angst, yes, as there will always be for Max and Logan - but also much happiness, much deserved. This was the perfect story for me to read before bed, and now off I go, thinking satisfied thoughts. (And imagining Logan bare-chested. Yum!)
Me chapter 3 . 10/4/2006
OMG! that is exactly what I needed this evening. I am an avid M/L shipper and somehow I missed the first few chapters but boy am I glad I found this tonight. YOu have no you so much for this unbelievably good story! Man I miss these two.