Reviews for Tales from Middle Earth, By Finrod's Beard
Archiril chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Hé, I liked this! It's very original, even though the theme is classical! Please write more!
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
go dwarves!
StarLight9 chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
By Finrod's beard, what a sweet story! Of course, after reading your other tale I just had to take a look at your other writings. Well, I am very glad I did. So much angst and humour packed in so few words! Loved it! And I think Legolas will be able to repay his debt. Loved the way dwarves refered to him as 'it'!
grumpy123 chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
"Finrod's beard", I do love the dwarves in this story. Legolas and Estel did get into a pickle, if Legolas only knew who helped them out.
the-poette chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
Hey, I really enjoyed this story. It was really unexpected. clever writing.
Ciryaquen chapter 1 . 3/14/2006
Gen suilon Grecian,

Again you have filled our glasses from a small pitcher of angst, compassion, humor, devotion, and love. I loved the "it" from the dwarves, fits perfect. Is this a a "prequel" of sorts? (yes, I know it said "the end").

Stuck out in the cold of Wyoming for a few weeks and I can think of nothing better than one of your tales to warm it up!

As always thanks for sharing your intuitive writing with us!
Lyn chapter 1 . 3/14/2006
Wow! Excellent! Thank you for sharing your talent.

I have no suggestions to improve it-it's perfect!
Shanna chapter 1 . 3/14/2006
Hola Grecian, me ha encantado ¡tienes gran talento para escribir querido! Un abrazo.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
An exciting and touching story with a nice foreshadowing of Legolas' eventual friendship wih Gimli.

As always, a pleasure to read your work.
Quickbeam1 chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
My computer has been giving me an awful time trying to review this short story, but persistence has paid off.

Wonderful story, grecian! I was happy to see a new addition to "Tales from Middle Earth". Loved how the two dwarves helped out "it" and his companion. You managed to get my favorite pair into trouble once more, but put a smile on my face in the end. Well done! :)
Thorongirl chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
Wow! You packed a lot into just a few pages. Fascinating stuff. I absolutely loved the story line, the drama, the word pictures, and the tremendous amount of angst you managed to pour into all this. Bless those dwarves. I love the way the referred to Legolas as 'it'. Poor Aragorn. Poor Legolas. Any new stories planned? I'm always SO happy when I see you've posted again! You made my day.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
Oh! A new story from you *jumps eexcitedly*. I liked how you had the dwarves refer to Legolas as "it". It didn't even sound arrogant, it sounded more like something you do because everyone before you did it likewise. Very subtle. Sad though, that they didn't stick around in the end. I'm sure they could have learned something from each other!

And of course your Aragorn-Legolas interaction (though, not much from Aragorn's side this time around *g*) was beautiful as ever!
Deana chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
Excellent story! I loved it! ;)

I must say, your summary was brilliant: 'what happened when Aragorn and Legolas...' leaving it off right there makes readers HAVE to click it to find out what happened! LOL! ;) Great job! :)
Nettie84047 chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
This provided a wonderful break to my day. Thank you! Bless the dwarves!