Reviews for Orders
Jennygeee chapter 11 . 12/28/2006
I really enoyed reading your story and the way you portrayed Dean. I am now going on to read your sequel.
chosenfire28 chapter 11 . 11/8/2006
God this was a reat story. It was so beautifully written and I absolutely loved Dean in it, this was an amazing explanation for why he is the way he is.
JazzyIrish chapter 11 . 9/30/2006
Wow - great Dean story. I just found your work. Dean is my favorite character because he is so complex and it doesn't hurt that Jensen plays him so well. Anyway, loved the story; a great take on why Dean follows his father's orders so religiously. I agree with you that he probably had this kind of childhood - so sad. I like your style of writing, your choice of words and the emotions you show so well. Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. I'll be checking out your other stories.
circleofstars chapter 11 . 9/26/2006
Hey! I realise that you probably wrote this ages ago, but never mind, I'll review anyway! I really liked it! I gather form your author's notes that you wrote it before 'Dead Man's Blood' aired, but it was interesting to see a different approach to the theme of Winchesters v Vampires. I love the way you wrote the characters especially Dean (my favourite!). Well done!
alwaysateen chapter 11 . 9/15/2006
I'm currently reading your story "Sacrifice" and I discover your others stories. I really love this one! Wow! Great! The birthday of Dean at the end is the best part! And here comes the Impala! Really good, one of my favorite!
Black Sorceress chapter 11 . 5/10/2006
Cool! I'm gonna go read the sequel now. I read your bio, and I totally agreed with everything you said about the show! Dean's my favourote character too, and I've loved the actor ever since I first saw him in Dark Angel!
pmsdevil01 chapter 11 . 5/1/2006
i've been a little behind on fan fics but i'm glad i read yours. this was really good. it's hard to believe this is your first fan fic. great job. do you know what part of the episode benders they tell you deans b-day i must've missed that part.
Dashboard-Kid chapter 11 . 3/31/2006
Wow, what an amazing fic. loved evey minute of it, and i also have a fasanation with mr dean winchester my self.

Dashboard-Kid
Ghostwriter chapter 11 . 3/30/2006
Wa-hoo. Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.
H.T.Marie chapter 11 . 3/30/2006
Loved that story, and so glad I finally got to read the end. I think you did a great job at constructing Dean. I always felt that Dean would probably have felt guilty about even wanting to do the things normal kids do at his age. That's just the way dysfunctional families work, and even if the boys didn't have Max;s childhood, there's no doubt this family is dysfunctional. Everything for these kids becomes about preserving consistency and stability in the family unit, no matter how twisted and screwed up that family might be. You did a great job with this. Thanks for an enjoyable read.

H.T.
kokomocalifornia chapter 11 . 3/30/2006
sob! another great story over. cant wait to read the next part of alone. :)
sams1ra chapter 11 . 3/30/2006
Good one. I don't usually read stories this long, so that definitely says a lot!
Red Hardy chapter 11 . 3/30/2006
First off - YIPPEE! Another Dean fan! I love his character! Despite seeming to be 'what you see is what you get', all cockiness and bravado, I think he is a very complex person with deep emotional issues. And you did a WONDERFUL job with this story!

"Hey, Sammy. Remember, I'm superbro. Ain't no evil gonna get me."

Aw, that is so sweet! And so Dean!

The part where Dean apologized and John didn't necessarily forgive him but explained why it was necessary for Dean to follow orders, and then HE apologized to DEAN, for him not having a normal childhood - excellent job with that! I love John Winchester and I don't think he gets a fair shake a lot of times in fanfic, but you did him justice! He loves his boys and does the best he can all the while wishing it could be different, and you brought that out beautifully!

The whole scene with John telling Dean it's okay to be scared - he should be scared with all the things he's seen and knows - that was just perfect!

And finally the birthday gift... that was truly inspired! A wonderful, wonderful ending to a great story! I look forward to the sequel!
IheartPadalecki chapter 11 . 3/30/2006
hey loved the end! lol
mtuffy chapter 11 . 3/30/2006
I too agree that Dean's character is very complex. I find that the television show is really too focused on Sam. We really don't know who Dean is. We are only let into small glimpses of his past. Sam's charater is actually very straight forward while Dean's is very mysterious and very vulnerable. Great story. I could actually believe this happening in their past. I also like how you wrote John. To many authors make him a bitter and mean father, but that is not what I get from the show. I think that he is trying to teach his son's that there are some very dangerous and hard to understand creatures. That we are never truly safe, but I still think that he adores his sons. Sorry your story really got me thinking. Thanks

Melissa