Reviews for If These Walls Could Talk
krage chapter 20 . 7/23/2008
fun read, you really captured the charater's personalities. It seemed very realistic with all the science and how it followed more realistic plot lines with not every case being able to be solved and nick not being a perfect match. It read much better the way you wrote it.
krage chapter 13 . 7/22/2008
really good story so far. I'll finish the rest later but so far its a very interesting read.
Mma63 chapter 20 . 10/3/2006
It was a long time for me since I've checked your story. Actually missed the last three chap updates but today I found it and became very happy for you and your work. A multi chap fic isn't easy to manage but you did it great. A beautiful and hopeful story for Nick and Emily. Thanks for sharing. My hopes is to find another fic (with Nick for sure...) from you pretty soon.
Megan-16-16 chapter 20 . 5/13/2006
Great ending...

;)M/16
Krys33 chapter 20 . 5/11/2006
Man, I can't believe it's over. :) Amazing job.

I'm sorry for once again not being able to keep up! My wireless connection has been awful for the past week, and I can hardly get online at times. :P But I'm glad I made it through you last two chapters!

I loved the diner scene at the end of chapter nineteen. It reminded me a lot of the end of Strip Strangler. And I also liked the interrogation scene in that chapter, too. It seemed very real, very believable.

I totally see what chapter twenty was your favorite! :) I loved it. Every scene with Emily throughout this story has had me smiling, and this one was no exception.

And the ending? Perfect. Absolutely perfect. I loved it.

I'm looking forward to your next project! I can't wait!

Keep up the good work.

-Krystal
chrissie0707 chapter 20 . 5/10/2006
That was a really great closing chapter. It made me smile, too. We got the final wrap up, we got to see Emily off, we got the heart-to-heart, and we got basketball. The -icks were really fun in that scene. I liked it, and I liked how you showed that Emily was so good for Nick.

All in all, I really liked this story. Kept me intrigued the whole time, and was written really well. Told you all of these things enough, but let's hit the important points on more time:

Characterization was great. Everyone interacted in ways that were true to the show.

CSIness was great. You wrote very loyally, and remember the whole mini-series thing.

Very emotion-driven, balanced very well with the case-iness of the story. Just a very nice balance over all.

Okay. I'm going to get those chapters of yours tonight - gonna try and get some of my own writing done this afternoon. Again, I really liked this story, Sarah, you did a great job!
mayfairmom chapter 20 . 5/10/2006
i knew this would be the last chapter, so when i saw the update, i went back and started from the beginning...what a ride, what an astounding, fabulous piece of work...congratulations on doing such a wonderful job and thank you for sharing it w/ me...keep me posted on your next big project...Peace
wraiths-angel chapter 20 . 5/10/2006
This was a really good chapter! Yay, i am happy that Emily survived, i really like her and I really liked the Grissom and Nick talk, I think this is a really great story!
AmyMayThomas777 chapter 20 . 5/9/2006
Wonderful ending! You had me in tears as Nick said "See you later" to Emily.

I liked the touch of the basketball game at the end, I like feel good endings. Keep it up. I look froward to more from you.
rozzy07 chapter 20 . 5/9/2006
I kept putting this story to oneside, flagging it to read later, because your stories always deserve the time to sit back and really read them, and then with having to contend with the constraints of RL I find myself with a whole backlog of chapters to catch up on. So now of course I feel the guilty weight of 'Bad Reviewer' mantle on my shoulders and I have kicked my own butt at being so seriously bad. Honestly I had had the best intentions, a promise that I would find the time after to work to sit and really give my time to write a proper review/s but...now I find myself 19 chapters too late to tell you just how much I have enjoyed this heartfelt and beautifully written story. From the start you managed to imbibe a passion and caring for little Emily via Nick that tore at the heart. His determination to solve her family's murder blending into his need to be there for her as she suffered with her cancer. His total empathy with this lost vulnerable scared child was just too real that at times I felt like an intruder, a voyeur peeping over their shoulders as they shared this unique and special bond that seemd to ease both their pain. And beyond this special relationship you still kept the basics of the story ongoing, filling out the investigation with real detail that carried the reader with each team member as they tracked down the reasons behind the killings and the killers themselves. Honest too goodness forensics at its best.

You also explored that special, and sometimes painfully real, relationship between Nick and his co-workers. Warrick his friend, his verbal sparring partner, has issues himself with what Nick has gone through recently and this was explored wonderfully throughtout the chapters. And finally, what a dellicious ending. Emily's cure has in someway been the saving of Nick, allowing a re-emergence of the man that had looked like a shadow of himself as this story opened. Now he appears almost whole again, and with Grissom finally admitting that he had failed him in the past, he has at last got the necessary foundations to rebuild his relationship with him and the entire crew at CSI.

So, tardy reviewer aside, this story deserves all the praise it can receive. Each chapter just helped add to the whole and you have left behind you a truly great story. Thank you for allowing me to share in it.

Rozzy.
mtee1958 chapter 20 . 5/9/2006
Yeah! Wonderful story, thank you.
kimonkey7 chapter 20 . 5/9/2006
Aw, Woobers!

Well, congrats on a fine story. You did it. Many facets, many frills, all wound up and taken care of seamlessly.

Be proud.

*hugs*
everybetty chapter 19 . 5/8/2006
So our team does it again: solving a crime with pieces that seemed enough for three puzzles.

Really enjoyed the camaraderie between the three boys in their after shift breakfast. Dialogue was spot on, witty banter, very cute.

and i liked the ending very much.

“It’s over,” Greg shrugged.

“Guess so,” Warrick nodded.

“Yeah guess so,” Nick turned his gaze outside. He’d heard it before. He hadn’t believed it then, didn’t believe it now.

While Nick's gesture to become the bone marrow donor for Emily was not to be, hoping that we see a happy ending for the sick little girl.
kimonkey7 chapter 19 . 5/8/2006
My absolute favorite part, aside from all the Nick/Rick back and forth that always makes me smile, was the little PLAY our boys put on in the interogation room. Really well written and a HEAP o' FUN. I really was smiling, just thinking what a good time they had to be having...aw..."We don't like it when the bad guys walk," indeed.

One more chap, Sarah?

::sigh::
AmyMayThomas777 chapter 19 . 5/7/2006
I really like this story, I like how you wrap up all the loose ends. Please tell me you are going to do a follow up on how little Emily is doing. Just one more chapter, to wrap up the last little detail. I really like how you showed all the emotion the guys are going through. You are doing a wonderful job, keep it up, the more you write the better you will get.