Reviews for Ways of the World
Cloud and Tifa chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
You, my friend, portray Tifa splendidly. She's not bitter or too optimistic but rather realistic about her situation. Her last name, after all, is Lockhart. The creators made her as being emotionally shy which is why she can't reveal her feelings to Cloud. However, I don't think Cloud would have much of a problem with expressing his care for her (or anyone in general).

I never really liked Aerith. She reminds me of a Mary Sue character.

Well, you did a wonderful job on writing this. I'm so glad to have come across this.
AquariumJello chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
A very lovely characterization of Tifa and an honest portrayal of the "love triangle."
Mel chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
wow, I was tearing up after reading this. I love it. I wish I could write something like this. My favorite part was 'maybee she took some part of hero's heart with her too.' to me, that had a lot of meaning, and its very true. I feel so bad for Tifa now, but this is definitely a keeper.
xoVanilla-Bean chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
I LOVED THIS.

Really, I did. I don't think there is a word in the English dictionary to explain how amazingly beautiful this was.

Seriously. I've never read a story that had such great characterization. I love Tifa, and it seemed like you /were/ her. Every thought seemed to just fit, and how you described Cloud and Aeris was wonderful. And the ending was so... wow.

And I want to say more, but I figure I may ramble with 5 paragraphs just talking about how wonderful it was. .

And I totally agree with With A Smile. Haha. :]

Keep Writing ;
With A Smile chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
I worship you, mellish. WORSHIP.

mellishism, anyone? (Okay, no, don't take that in a creepy way. I mean to flatter :P)

I love this. I love it, I love it, I love it. I love the way Tifa thinks the things that she thinks and then hates herself for being jealous or for thinking things along the lines of being rude to Aeris, because in the end she does have a lot of private wishes but she's so good of a person that she'd hate herself for being selfish and wishing for those things.

And oh, I loved the writing and the way you used such details to describe the intricate relationship between Cloud & Aeris & Tifa, because in the end they are all friends and call care about each other immensely, but certain things do run deeper and you captured it splendidly.

I lurved it. Really.

And I think Tifa's sacrifice was amazing, I mean, it's got to kill to love someone as much as she loves Cloud and to have to sort of step aside, you know? Her hearts all broken and HURRY UP AND FIX IT, CLOUD!

Though I think it was officially stated that Aeris didn't know she was going to die (hah, a ton of my fics contradict that... sh), but I still think this is amazingg.

Rock on, mellish.

- WAS
Demeter1 chapter 1 . 3/17/2006
I'm very fond of Tifa. While I like Aeris, Tifa's character hits me as something that I could actually *believe* in. That while perhaps she couldn't die for Cloud, she *would* live for him and somehow, to me, that takes just as much work. Much love for this fic. )
jasmine chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
I really felt the emotions through your stories... great work and keep it up! _
Yelde chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
Ok one, how are you able to write this well at fifteen? You have a theme that is supported by a nunanced characterization ... I couldn't even spell characterization when I was fifteen. Two, you must have been like six years old (I was fourteen and it still hits me harder than any novel, movie, or game I've ever partaken) when FFVII came out and yet you seem to have a better grasp of it than most who write on

That being said, I don't neccesarily agree with the way Tifa sees things around her. Cloud's reticence to be her "fairy-tale" hero has a lot more to do with his lack of self-esteem and lingering guilt than a romantic longing for Aeris ... or maybe he's just screwed up from spending his formative years inside a mako tube, I dunno. What you're hitting at is a common theme for VII fanfiction. Tifa's main flaw is she thinks that she somehow doesn't deserve Cloud's affection, so she mistakes Cloud's guilt for an eternal pining. What I'm trying to say, and poorly might I add, is I don't think that Tifa would ever give up on Cloud, unless he gave her an explicit reason to do so. Regardless, this one shot is fantastic and I hope you keep writing.

Echobrain.
dune chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
That was.. wow. I could feel real emotion from this. Very well done.