Reviews for Longing
Maline Elensar chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Its a testament to your abilities that though i first read this many years ago it still pops into my head from time to time.
I do hope that wherever you are and whatever you are doing you are still writing and sharing your gift with the world.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Ah, so sad so beautifully sad.
Otto's Goat not logged in chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
Wow...
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 10/24/2004
you have a lovely style, and great rhyming. i always prefer free verse, and *hats off* to you for being able to rhyme so eloquently and beautifully.

this is great in that it can be any elf, from Maglor, Celegorm, or the sons of Feanor (or even Feanor himself, though he would never admit it) to a nameless Noldor who followed Feanor on his crazed march.
Aerlinnel chapter 1 . 8/8/2002
Incredible!

I'll be the first to admit that I've no talent for rhyme. Your writing is beautiful to begin with: wistful, heartrending, longing - and to express it so well in poetic form is amazing!
naltariel chapter 1 . 5/8/2002
This is the best poem I read so far! I love it very much. This is so powerful: for poisoned words we traded light...

who was the speaker anyway? We who did not? Finarfin's children?
Joan Milligan chapter 1 . 4/6/2002
Damn, I feel so anti-talented now...

Truly heartbreaking, powerful stuff. Didn't think anyone could express that tragedy so well.
Arwen Imladviel chapter 1 . 4/5/2002
"Without a home, without a king

Without a song of hope to sing"

So believable! This is the song the likes of which I would have my Moriel of Gondolin sing if I were a poet like you! Are you sure you don't have elven blood?
Le Chat Noir chapter 1 . 3/21/2002
I'm not going to try and be original. You're a wonderful poet. I know people've said it before, but, really, what more can I add ?
Naira Immacariel chapter 1 . 3/4/2002
I keep coming back over and over and rereading it, so I thought that it was high time that I put in my two-cents worth of a review! Excellent poem! Please, keep writing, you have a great talent.
Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 2/20/2002
This is just great. I found it on the site a while ago and had to come back and look for it when I realized that lines from it kept popping into my head. This really reads like one of the songs that the Silmarilion is based on.
Tary chapter 1 . 7/25/2001
Wow... just... wow. All hail the queen of poetry. Seriously, this was amazing and lyrical. The line about the "bloodstained sea-foam" and the Kinslaying is particularly evokative. Kudos!
Rhyssa chapter 1 . 5/16/2001
Oh WOW! That was Wonderful! You are a superb poet! This poem was absolutly lovely!
Rian chapter 1 . 5/16/2001
Your poems are amazing. Sorry I can't think of anything more constructive to say. I love the sad, bittersweet theme of this one.
Calanare Sairavanie chapter 1 . 5/15/2001
That's beautiful :) I loved your other songs as well, you're very good a this!