Reviews for Remain The Same
PPMKatie chapter 35 . 2/5/2013
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant read!
Thank you so much! :-)
Stephensmat chapter 35 . 5/3/2009
This story, is so in character, it's actually scaring me.

Seriously, though #Spoiler warning#

You killed Kenny! The one guy in the series that maybe deserved it least, and you go for the South Park-ian "You killed Kenny!"

But I digress, it helps when you're in character, because then the people who remember and love these characters can see it so clearly. This story reads like a continuation of the series. The chapter names for episodes adds to that nicely.

It's compulsively readable. The best Press Gang fic I've ever read.
Lirazel chapter 35 . 4/11/2009
God, I love this. I cannot even tell you. I'm a recent convert to the awesome that is Press Gang, and so I immediately tried to hunt down some fanfic for it. I thought I might possibly find a few decently-written one-shots and a lot of trash. I didn't expect to find this.

I love everything about it. I love that you write dialogue nearly as witty and wonderful as the show's. I love that you created this perfectly fully-rounded original character and made me care about her. I love that you took Colin from being that goofy guy I was vaguely fond of to being a living, breathing person. I love that you really get how and why Spike and Lynda work. I love that you took the time to examine Lynda and Colin's weird but wonderful relationship. I love that you also thought that Sam and Kenny should have happened, because I thought I was the only one who recognized the awesome flirtation between those two.

I kind of hate that you killed Kenny (KENNY! I love him!), but I love that you made me cry while you did and you infused it with meaning and that it was lovely and touching and the ghost-visits from him were just perfect. I love that you really let all the characters grow up in this story, something the show never quite allowed them to do.

This was written a while ago, so who knows if you'll ever read this review, but I wanted to let you know that I'll be returning to it. It's one of my favorites. And if you ever get the itch to write more Press Gang fic, you have an avid audience in me. Thanks.
bdbg chapter 9 . 5/24/2008
lovin the story and that druken kenny bit was hilarious i dunno why probably cause i mean who expects cuddly kenny to get drunk but hey people change lol hell funy great story thanks for putting it up
bethamphetamine chapter 32 . 10/1/2007
Top Gear mention! YAY! I could see Colin watching for the cars going by his Ferrari posters but not getting half the jokes.

And I like how you've carried on the tradition of Lynda resolving problems through the medium of board games.
Werepuppy Black chapter 31 . 9/18/2007
ha! fantastic! can't believe it's near the end...this is amazing!
bethamphetamine chapter 30 . 9/4/2007
Oh, man, the shared muse strikes again! Or does it . . . ?

I like the idea of Kenny being scattered in Scotland. I'm sure in the books it says something about Kenny having Scottish history when he's chatting to Kelly. And Aunt Rachel from Glasgow, of course.
bethamphetamine chapter 29 . 8/27/2007
LMFAO at the reappearance of Wartnose Funeral Cap! Oh Lord, I just burst out laughing, I really shouldn't read this at work.

And we both have Kelly working behind a bar - so it must be true. Only you killed her man before she had a chance to hook up again, you big meanie.

Kenny's mum is called Liz though - at least that's what Lynda calls her in "The One With Sullivan Will Blow His Bald Head Off".
bethamphetamine chapter 28 . 8/23/2007
You might have to jog my memory on what Colin remembers at the finish when dead!Kenny shows up . . . but as I say, much love. Lynda's campaign is so Lynda and just what she needs, a mission!
OutForAWalk chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
just dropped in to tell you how much I love this story! You just seem to know the characters so well! I love your Spike/Lynda dialogues, theyre great! I laughed out loud several times, especially when I imagined Lynda working at a help lone, those poor people! ;-)

PLEASE continue and give us MORE stories!
C.Bell chapter 9 . 9/14/2006
I've fallen behind on review, but a fantastic update. This story deserves much more attention, it's really enjoyable and captures the spirit of the show expertly. I can just hear everyone so clearly in my head as I read the dialouge.

Great chapter here. I loved the image of a drunk Kenny, really cracked me up. Liked how light the chapter was, a breather is needed every so often. More Colfish is always a good thing, too. I love Colin's utter cluelessness when it comes to women, very fun to read. :)

Looking forward to more of this. ;)
C.Bell chapter 4 . 3/29/2006
Great update. I really am loving this fic. Poor Colin...he's just not in the zone at all when it comes to women is he? Bless. Liz constantly calling him "Sir" makes me laugh. Like the Billy Homer line - you know my feelings on that bore from the thread on _holdingon the other day. Ditto with Sarah, you've got her being her usual misery self. :p

Brilliant chapter - both of them. Am hoping for some serious Spike/Lynda action soon. Their being far too mushy for their own good right now but I think I can smell a fight coming, so yay! Look foward to the next bit. :-)
Sealgirl chapter 3 . 3/21/2006
You know, it gets better after each read.

The same is true in your other writings, but I think this one shows how good you are at writing dialogue. Even for someone who's new to the fandom, the people all stand out by the words they say and the way they say it.

And I await more, eagerly.

Go you!

*presents Scribbles with a Shiny Seaweed Frond*

C.Bell chapter 2 . 3/16/2006
Simply fantastic! About bloody time someone wrote GOOD PG fic. Are you sure you aren't secretly Steven Moffat in disguise because that was just like a real episode. Loved every minute...characterization was dead on for everyone. Loved how you portrayed the Lynda/Colin friendship, something I always wished the show had touched on a bit more. They kind of ignored it after Something Terrible. Liked Liz, cute and funny and the thing with the jumper was great.

There's going to be more, right? Say they'll be more. If there isn't I will track you down and FORCE you to write. :p
butterflymind chapter 2 . 3/16/2006
Yesterday I start looking for press gang fic having revived a years old interest. Today new fic appears. Even better, it's very good fic! Your characterisation is accurate and I'm intrigued so please write more, apart from anything else if you don't you'll destroy my belief in kismet :)