Reviews for The Line Up
Majorcrush chapter 13 . 11/5/2008
I wanted to let you know that I – Am – Over – You. That ship has sailed. And that, my friends, is what we call closure" This is from friends! I cracked up when i read it!
Batmanz-Drumsticks chapter 27 . 10/18/2008
Haha, I'm such a loser posting a review on a story that's been finished for like two years, but whatever. It's all good. xD Percussion chickas gotta leave a little congrats with others, right?

I absolutely adore this story, really I do. Band, and especially Drumline, is so filled with drama people don't understand. I love the very accurate portrayal of that drama. And the intensity of Drumline! That too.

Bronwyn's emotions seem so well developed, and the other characters as well. I particularly like Tony, but that may be because he reminds me of my own snare lieutenant...
BassBoy21 chapter 28 . 7/10/2008
Hey, I'm back.

Since I have nothing to do for a few days (actually I do, but I'm a SEVERE procrastinator right now), I've been on a reading kick, and you, Courtney, are the main authoress. So far I've been through Crossing the Line, The Art of Sound, as far as I can through the Art of Music (which looks great so far, I'm too lazy to tell Somewei...), Rock Show, Going it Alone, The Guard (another one with potential), and, of course, just finished The Line Up. I can't get enough. Strangely enough, I've been following Major Pain for awhile before I ever discovered your other works. So, to your questions again:

1. Probably the T/B talk/kiss in the percussion closet. I love when things work out, & i've been shipping them ever since Tony stopped being an arse.

2. Damn, only one? Out of all of them? Okay, let's see...it was tough, but I think the whole scheme of Bronwyn and Drew to fool J.D. & make peace, or B and Joshy's joint effort cadence for brass & Line harmony. I guess I like the band getting over differences & showing solidarity.

3. Okay, this one's slightly easier: A Fine Line (Lucy at her finest), The Line Up (B at her finest), Keeping, Crossing, Art of Sound, Art of Music, Major Pain

4. This could've been Bronwyn (I'm a sucker for redheads), but I gotta go with good ole Joshy. I was so happy when I heard he got Bass lieutenant aka section leader, it gives hope to all us former brass. Depending on my section (Bass or Baritone), it's my ultimate goal to become a rank lieutenant by my junior year, & section leader my senior year.

5. Only a few things to mention here for the edit: PASIC is clearly in Austin, but once or twice, especially right before the trip, I thought it was said that they were going to Houston; once or twice, you may have said Lucy when you meant Bronwyn, I think one instance that sticks out is when Tony wants to write an email to Lucy, for some reason; lastly, I realize you had to change the names for some of the characters, and the transition confused me a little. You got a bunch of characters, & the name change didn't help in keeping things straight in my mind, heh. I'm guessing the nouns Forrest Hills and Brookwood are interchangeable too. Not a real problem for Line Up, but a little in some of the others.

Okay, enough for now. You're awesome, keep it up, gotta go read more. Next up: Bonus Material! (like i've said, I'm hooked)

~Mike
a reader chapter 28 . 6/6/2008
hey, just wanted to let you know that I love your stories! Please keep on writing, in general but especially about band
a reader chapter 20 . 6/5/2008
hey, so the 'her' i put in bold below is an extra one :-)

Unloading their instruments at the equipment truck, Bronwyn was unusually silent. She quietly made her way to a remote section of the rival school’s parking lot, which she deemed good to use for the Line’s warm up. By herself, and for maybe the first time that day, she finally smiled. The thrill of being Captain was still there. For right now, it did make everything she had been through this season worth it. She knew, from the competition last week, that she was a rarity among the high school percussion world. When she had lined up with everyone else tomorrow, she knew that she was probably going to be the only female Drum Line Captain on the field and that fact somehow made up for the disaster that was HER currently her life.
a reader chapter 12 . 6/5/2008
hey, i just noticed that in the bit below you said the woodwinds ARE going to be otu tonight, not AREN'T going to be out tonight :-)

The section leaders collected. Bronwyn still got a small thrill at being part of this inner circle of the marching band. When everyone was present in Mr. Izzo’s office, he addressed the group, “So, they’re not going to cancel the game because there has not officially been lightning, but obviously we’re going to be making some adjustments for tonight. I’ve checked the forecast and weather radar, so woodwind instruments ARE going to be out tonight and I think I’m going to pull the front line as well. We’re going to need everyone’s instruments whole when we get to competition in a few weeks.”
Nikota chapter 27 . 11/4/2007
wow, great story as usual. i think the best thing about your writing is all the drama that realy does happen in band. i hope all of your books become published because they all deserve to be. i like the addition of jax to. that definetly made everything interesting. well congrats on a job well done.
SleepSleepIsGood chapter 22 . 6/21/2007
I know that you wrote this a long time ago but still sorry! you made a mistake where Spence was reassuring Bronwyn. You said that she had an Y chromosome...(seriously don't mean to sound snobby and if i dont I'm so sorry!)
Orangetubafish chapter 27 . 1/9/2007
You are a very, very good writer. I love it all. :)
Somewei chapter 28 . 11/11/2006
I am seriously going to cry! I can't believe it's done! I'm happy, but also sad! Anyway, here's the stuff:

1. I have to think that my favorite ultimate scene was, believe or not it was NOT a get-together scene, the scene where the guard girls were making over Bronwyn! It reminded me of me. All the guard girls want to do my make-up and everything! LOL! They're always asking me advice about the guys in band also!

2. "Says Varsity cheerleader Captain Christina Gonzales, “I should’ve joined Drum Line a long time ago!”" Ha! Ha! They get a chance to step into our own world with hot drummers!

3. Number One would have to be The Line (duh, it's the start of the series) and number two would have to be The Line Up (duh x2, it's the end). You get to meet two generations and they combine together, and both characters mature in such a profound way, it's amazing! I sincerely loved those two books to death!

4. Bronwyn Fleuger because I can relate to her moreso than Lucy. I know the pressures of being a leader to a certain group of people and then having to deal with boy trouble and friends on top of everything else? Yeah, I know that sitch...

5. LOL. I wish I could give a publishing contract to both you and myself! But alas, I cannot. Anyway, I loved the whole story overall. Just remember: when ending a story go back and read so you can see what you left unfinished and then clean up the mess.

Your welcome about B! I couldn't help it. I needed somebody Vanessa could relate to. Maybe, with your permission, I'll give B one final appearance before my story ends! Anyway, it's been a long time, but don't worry! Just because the series ended doesn't mean I'm going to ditch you! I'm still with you with all your stories! Thanks about the compliment by the way! Loved the story and definitely LOVED the last chapter. It was a great ending that tied up everything and gave the readers the sense of closure they needed!

Great Job Courtney!

Somewei
Percussion Chick chapter 26 . 10/30/2006
Myron and Declan...Ha! Nice.

So glad Bronwyn kicked bootay on her solo.
RosieLeah chapter 28 . 10/28/2006
It's done. *tear* I think that you might be able to sell 2,0 copies of The Line if you have good publicity.
The Pterodactyl chapter 28 . 10/27/2006
Courtney-

wow, it feels wierd typing my penname into the name field...ive been typing Brokos for so long, its like im a new person...

So, this is it. You finally reached the end of the saga. As much as ill give you comgratulations, ill also share my sadness, that great characters like Bronwyn, Lucy, Spence, Tony, Sam, and all the rest have to go. As weird as it may sound, ive got the same feeling i always get at graduation, when another group of friends ive come to know goes off, sometimes forever. But im sure this wont be the last i see of the gang...somehow, i think youll find time to give them some time in the spotlight again.

so, as to your questionaire...

cahp 23 alt. Somehow, it seemed a little more real than the first go round.

wasabi scene! so funny, yet so pivottal to the story!

3.I definitely in a million years could not rank them...theyre all just too good to choose!

Finegan...as youve said, i bet we would have gotten along pretty well.

...my only suggestion is, keep on being the best writer you can be, and youll do awesome!

Well, thats it. Now that youve ended your journey, i can start mine with a shining example to go by...and maybe a few hints from the master herself!

Later, and thanx for all the good reading,

Brokos,

aka The Pterodactyl
hottiesplomiegurl chapter 28 . 10/27/2006
My season is great, thanks for asking! We only have 2 weeks left essentially, and then its on to indoor guard. But i would have to say the chapter where tony and bronwyn get together is my new favorite chapter. I know you're thinking about getting rid of the Cartwright213, but personally i like it because it throws in a twist. But for this most reason story, I wish you would have put more of a resolution for lucy and spence. And if you're going to eliminate the cartwright plot line, are you going to explain why it's awkward between lucy and spence?
hairhater101 chapter 28 . 10/26/2006
AH! It's over. I will try and answer the questions you posed later, but I saw both Westlake and Carrollton mentioned in the last chapter. Do you know anything about Texas marching band or something? It's so crazy because those bands are two of the top ones I've seen and I live in the Austin area. I love how you brought it there. I'm so sad to see the end. I loved it all and hope you will get it published like you want.

Renee