Reviews for Edge of the World
machievelli chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Supposed to have been posted 17 September 2011, at and the Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. but I had problems with my computer, and flaked on attaching these reviews to the original story threads for the last year. Everyone say; 'Mach is a flake, Mach is a yo-yo'. Better yet (Waves hand) 'Mach is trying, but he's still a flake'.

Eight years Post KOTOR: Carth and Revan are reunited

The piece like the previous one from this author flowed well. The eerie calm makes it almost dreamlike.
Dlvvanzor chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
Your descriptions are absolutely beautiful...
tmelange chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
This was *very* good. LOL I wish it were the beginning of a whole book. :)) Greedy, I know, but you did such a great job with the tension, and with Revan, and with Carth's reaction to him. :) Bravo!
Harlequin Love chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
Carth's rant was very Carth.

I liked the subtlety of this. A softness of never settling fear and hope, lined by tension in Carth's perspective.

I also liked how you put the Realist in Revan that I always thought was in him, because he did know what he was doing at first and probably the whole time, but he couldn't help the galaxy by being a 'good guy'. Like it is expressed by some of the characters in the game, their government and their forces had stagnated, and along with it, the Jedi as well. The Mandalorians proved it. Neither forces were fit enough to repel what Revan found, so he forced them to be.

I found the act of calling Carth out alone very easy to picture because out of all the characters that he might need (other than Bastila) at his side for whatever complicated plan he has, Revan would need Carth. And he would need to make him understand and trust him.

One part that I found unusual with the story was that despite Carth being at least subconsciously tense (underneath all that Force calming energy), he didn't immediately started dreading the worst when Revan cuts him off at talking about Telos. It seems like an anxious act.

I liked the line about Revan assuming that Carth would have married Bastila. Gods know that while playing female Revan I also assumed he'd hitch up with her considering all the concern he needs to express for her.

The slash was an interesting touch, btw, I entertained such a thing for a second before not quite being able to fit Carth into such a role but your 'Many Ways to Fall' buttered me up for this one.

Thank you for writing this because I desperately needed an apt conclusion to Revan instead of fanfiction stories of how (male or female) Revan happily returns, or the unsatisfying vagueness of canon being that he/she is in alive (probably) in an unknown galaxy.
Isolde1 chapter 1 . 9/3/2006
I've been waiting to read this story for a very long time, without knowing it existed. You portrayed Revan exactly as I do, down to the slash aspect. I love it.

PS: If by any chance you know where to find other slash stories in the Kotor universe (I've read all of yours already), by all means please tell me... My email is carcinya , if you ever think of something.
Fhulhi the Crazy chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
Brilliant little piece of writing.
Dranzen chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
Aw

So cute No mistakes, but a little bit confusing here and there. Could just be my being hyper.
dreamshell chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
another well-written slash. the calm atmosphere of Dantooine was nice to revisit. and Revan's ambigious, but ever warm dissposition made the scene very interesting to read. i like the concept that Revan is unable to find words to express the horrors he has witnessed and that in confiding in Carth and showing his weakness, he is kind of foreboding a threat that is more devious than can be imagined.