Reviews for Allegiance
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 3/14
This is perfection, because it completely encapsulates the threads of the Winchester family relationship that I like to examine (and cry over) the most-Dean's devotion to his family as his own definition of perfect, Sam's struggle to balance his astute mind and his little brother adoration. Tugs right at the heart-strings. Thank you!
mouse8 chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
Simple, but very effective. I really liked this!
MeShelly chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
I was a little disappointed at not finding out what the fiasco was (three spirits instead of one? A curse that killed all three people?), but thought Sam's musings about Dean were dead on target. A little blunt as he got to the part about repeated abandonment in Dean's life, but they are his thoughts I guess.

The ending line was really neat, because it seems to jam those three things into words that Dean actually voices.

I also liked the detail about going north simply because they'd flipped a coin between north and south-and not being able to handle the other two options. Sam's career choice as a hockey player was also rather cute in an unfortunate sort of way.

Thank you for sharing; I enjoyed reading this.

~Michelle
ItsaMiracle chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
what? thats it? awsome fanfic but whats with the ending?
sodakey chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
And suddenly Sam realizes that he and Dad are more alike than not, in all the ways that matter, which is why they both get along with Dean like a house on fire, but also why they rub at each other the wrong way, without even trying. Because opposites attract and likes repel. Why do they call it a cliché? Because it’s true.

Love the wording in this part, the matter-of-fact realization it portrays and the way it seems to ring true for both characters. Wonderful.
Janissa11 chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
This is so filled with important revelations, it's hard to even know where to start. Sam's insights here are so meaningful - I think he really does, at some point, need desperately to realize these very things, and soon, or it will cost him (and Dean, of course).

And I like the apology, as much because of what Sam does not say as for what he does. He chooses Stanford, it seems to me, because that's an overt thing, an obvious thing, a bone of contention that is still being squabbled over, in various ways. But beneath those obvious words are many, many more things. And what's lovely is that Dean hears those things. I don't think Dean really hears what Sam said, so much as what he *meant*. And that's what put the lump in my throat.

Beautifully done!
chocolate rules chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
:D

That's it ;) (it's 4am sry)
amy jonas chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
I've had to think about your story for a bit. I liked how a bad hunt made sam think about his life and his family. There were some very good ideas and lines of reasoning brought up. And I think it flowed nicely into sam's apology.

But...I think Sam's apology was off. I really don't think Sam would apologize for *GOING* to Stanford. School is where Sam grew up, matured, adn found out who he was. I do, however, see Sam apologizing for the way he left; for the pain his leaving caused Dean. And I would like to think this was the underlying meaning to his apology.

You did a good job and I enjoyed the story.
A-blackwinged-bird chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
I love this story- however, I must voice my opinion about Sam's apology. I do not think that he is sorry for going to college, I think that he is sorry for the way Dean must have felt. Sam is proud of Stanford- and Dean is proud too. The fact that he went to school was not the problem. It was the way John made Sam feel like he was betraying the family. I do LOVE this fic- I just hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Thanks for sharing,

emily
beyondtired chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
I totally didn't expect the ending with Sam apologizing for going to Stanford and it so fit. Great story.