Reviews for Act Natural
scarletgold chapter 1 . 8/31
I shivered, reading the end of your story. I loved the parallelism it draws with Harry's own sorting. But also, that was an incisive take on an eleven-year-old Dumbledore. I normally don't read stories this short, but your premise was so very interesting that I couldn't resist. And I got rewarded with a cleverly written piece. Thanks for sharing this!
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
Great stuff.
Interesting, just how many characters need to fight the Hat... Especially between Slytherin & Gryffindor.
DolbyDigital chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
I've never read anyone's take on Dumbledore's sorting, so I'm really glad that I gound this one! I like that you had him convince the hat to put him in Gryffindor, as I always thought he was more of a Slytherin or Ravenclaw.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Nice! I would have put him in Ravenclaw, but I liked the conversation with the Hat.
MasterSpy chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
I was smiling all the way through. It is so incredibly well-written: I always thought Dumbledore was too Slytherin for the Sorting Hat to have avoided. I love how it compares to Harry, how he convinced the hat he belonged in Gryffindor as well. It reinforces how, in the end, you are truly in control of who you are, who you are meant to be and destiny can't stop you. I imagine history would have been different if the benevolent Headmaster was truly a Slytherin. I enjoyed how, even when he was only eleven, he was calculating and determined.
Loved the last phrase as well, "walked into history." Well done! Thank you for posting such a great little fic :) Kay
bells-mannequin chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Fantastic oneshot!
C chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
That was really cool and interresting!

Thanks for posting and have a great day!
polka dots are underestimated chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
I don't know whether this makes me want to like him or hate him even more than I do now. Al I want to say is I KNEW HE BELONGED IN SLYTHERIN! *gloating* You captured this spectacularly, my dear writer. I take my Hat off to you ;)
words-with-dragons chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
whoa, intense. )
isigirl chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
i really liked this view of Dumbledore. great job, fantastic last line :)
Calcium oxide chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Interesting story! I like your view on Dumbledore's sorting ceremony and how you portrayed him.
Scrivensabre chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
This was amazing! Really brilliant :)

I like how Albus would just start reasoning straight off, and I like how you characterised him. Also, you had a nice amount of suspense with the Hat refusing to tell him which house exactly he'd be best suited to.

And of course, nothing beats those last two paragraphs, and the ending line especially:

"He stepped off the dais and walked into history."
Katamabob chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Wow, that was very very good. I liked it a lot _

Kate
ApatiaVirtaus chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
He stepped off the dais and walked into history.

Best. Line. EVER. seriously, that*s one, damn fine sentence. kudos.
TwangCat chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
LOL, that's an awesome story! Love the twist on classic Dumbledore. Thanks for sharing!
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »