Reviews for Daughter of the North
Alfirineth chapter 2 . 7/14/2013
That was awesome. I like the little vignettes and the filling out of Gilraen's character. I feel the same-she would be out of place in a situation like that, looking for ways to make herself useful and assuage her grief.
TardisChic chapter 2 . 12/31/2012
I love this! Very well written and I can not wait for the next one!
Glasses chapter 2 . 2/20/2011
May I make a suggestion?

Name the next chapter 'Dwarves'. You could even make it the group Bilbo was traveling with.

It would give Gilraen and Míriel something to laugh about.

SiriusBlackFan2 chapter 2 . 3/3/2007
Very sweet...I enjoy your portrayal of Gilraen.
Oirasse chapter 2 . 3/1/2007
That was funny! a pack of hungry dwarves...
Batman'sBeauty18 chapter 2 . 3/1/2007
This is a very cute series, light hearted and delightfully fluffy!

I wish you would at least another few chapters.
mangolady chapter 2 . 2/28/2007
That was really sweet! You're an excellent writer...Keep it up!
lindahoyland chapter 2 . 2/27/2007
I liked this glimpse of Gilraen.I'm quite sure she would be accustomed to cooking and would find comfort in helping in the kitchens.

i'm not convinced a woman of pure Numenorean descent would have grey streaks in her twenties.I think she was 22 when Aragorn was born.

I hope you'll write more of these.
Elf of Eregion chapter 1 . 10/10/2006
Aw, this is just beautiful and sad! Great fic! -fav- -
Elwing-Evenstar chapter 1 . 4/24/2006
Wow, that was excellent! I really loved the ending. Great work! :D
SiriusBlackFan2 chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
I liked it and I've found very few Gilraen stories I like. Everyone writes her as weepy and weak. I don't think a woman left alone with a small son, even with the help of Elrond, would be weak.

Very good.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
This was just lovely.I often wonder how Gilraen spent her time at Rivendell.
Vanagristiel chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
Yeah! It is AU! But I completely loved it! Arathorn was so cute tearing his clothes so he would have an excuse to go see Gilraen! So romantic! And Elrohir was such a gentleman! We usually only see him pulling pranks and getting himself in trouble that we forget how wonderful they can be! Oh my goodness! I'm speaking about them as if I actually KNEW them! Ok... going to see my therapist now!
Nelarun chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
That was funny and beautiful. I love the line: “Until my father said ‘Just ask for her hand, Arathorn, and stop destroying your clothes!’”

It was so fitting... Well done...

Nelarun of Australia