Reviews for YuGiOh! Dark Messiah
Animeniak chapter 66 . 6/10/2013
Best story I've read on this entire site! I loved it, even though it took me over a year to finish it. All in all, best fic ever!
Soul Climax chapter 3 . 5/18/2012
A female character who can actually duel and is using a machine deck, that is great. That was something that bugged me about Yugioh and GX, the female duellists even Mai and Asuka both of whom were hyped to be skilled duellists only ever won against fodder and got their ass handed to them whenever they duelled anyone of any importance.

One of the reasons I love 5D's is because Aki not only came within a hair's breadth of beating the main freaking character twice but she was brutal. Fodder were destroyed (either badly maimed or outright killed), she beat a Dark signer and was overall the best female duellists to ever grace the side of the protagonists. Not to mention she could literally kill you if you piss her off.

Great duel, nice to see some Harpy lady action and the Machine deck was good, would have liked to see Cyber Dragon kick some Harpy ass but unfortunately not to be at this moment. As for that shadowy figure at the end there, I haven't the foggiest idea who that might be but then that is the fun part, I get to find out as I read on. I can't wait to see who this duellist from the anime is and just what kind of a deck Jason has.
Soul Climax chapter 2 . 5/18/2012
Well now that the first real duel of the story is over I have to say it was pretty damn good. I think you could have come up with a less obvious name than Bugsy though. Just a minor problem. Nice warrior deck Russell has there, I take pride in the fact that I knew what many of them were and what their effects were mostly due to the fact that most of them are in the starter deck in Yugioh GX Tag force 3. The duel was pretty much neck and neck and we all know than an evenly matched duel is the most entertaining to watch (see Yugi vs Kaiba at battle city, Judai vs Kaiser graduation duel and Judai vs Yugi).

Interesting Gym teacher that Ben. Reminded me of Chubs from the movie Happy Gilmore who got his hand bitten off by an Alligator and anything that connects one of the best anime ever in Yugioh to one of the funniest comedy movies in existence is always a plus.

It was nice hearing about Russell's back story, a military family huh. Well I'm sure he'd be good friends with Hassleberry from GX if the two ever met though this taking place far enough into the future that the Dino enthusiast is probably long since dead sort of ruins that possibility doesn't it? Can't wait to see Trisha's deck (puts on Dragonball prologue guy voice) NEXT TIME ON DARK MESSIAH.
Soul Climax chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Hello, been looking for Yugioh story for a while and came across your fics so I picked one at random and I'm going to read this one first. Interesting intro, I liked how you had Kaiba resolve his rivalry with Yugi and even respect Joey a little. I mean damn Joey was third place in duelist kingdom and fourth place in Battle city. It should have been made obvious to Kaiba long ago that Joey was a good duelist heck he even gave Kaiba a run for his money at Battle city.

I liked the albeit short duel between Yugi and Tea, I can actually picture that happening though nice OTK there on the second turn. Almost GX season 4 Judai style there (seriously guy was a beast in season 4, almost beat Yugi if not for losing his must win attitude). Yugi getting all of his awesome monsters on the field at once was freaking epic especially Dark Paladin (I love that card). Tea didn't know what hit her.

Nice hearing about the six duelist tag duel. Maybe you have a flashback scene later on to show the duel in its entirety or maybe somebody recorded it and they watch it later because I would like to see that. If not, oh well might still be some awesome duels to come. Can't wait to see what Russell is capable of in the next chapter.
pop82 chapter 66 . 4/12/2011
This is the abskluge best story I have read in my entire life. If this guy tought a writing class I would be his #1 student. I love this story!
Aceina chapter 66 . 1/16/2011
ok took me about 3 or 4 days but ifnisehd reading ure giant of a fic (My Gf rachel recomended it to me) and while u do thigns verry well i have to give some complaints

1. there was no tension ure 3 heros lost a total of 1 duel each

2. why didnt trish get a finall boss duel jason got 3 (bakura teh movie producers (forgot his name) and sin) and russel got 1 (the puppet guy) tirsh got none

hole jason is the final uber card thing was a bit of a cop out sry to say and the hole hell gets atacked and evil will be verry weak for along time bit was kinda... far fetched

4. u put a bit to much into pairing up all ure chars ure main 3 fine but u even gave most of ure side chars loves and all that some times its better to leave some ppl single and all that

5. alot of the duels felt like filler

so all in all over all i give ure story

6 monkeys using jar jar binks like a paddle ball out of 10
Aldamonburst chapter 66 . 12/23/2010
wow. what an epic story. i love it. words escape me. (yes i'm being a bit dramatic, but i'm just struggling with words.) this is one fic i'll never forget.
Aldamonburst chapter 65 . 12/23/2010
nice... this is epic... i love it!
Aldamonburst chapter 64 . 12/23/2010
i kinda hoped fortunado would be more of a threat, but i can see it's getting good.
Aldamonburst chapter 63 . 12/23/2010
wicked god dreadroot? i want that card! it would go with my avatar! oops, sorry. incredible chapter.
Aldamonburst chapter 62 . 12/23/2010
good chapter! yami bakura is one of my favorite villains, but i really expected yami marik. he seems more evil to me. oh well, good chapter neverless.
Aldamonburst chapter 61 . 12/23/2010
i loved this chapter! it reminds me of how i used to otk him with it. (ok it was once, but still.) good chapter.
Aldamonburst chapter 60 . 12/23/2010
arabians? interesting cards. i really like this chapter because of them.
Aldamonburst chapter 59 . 12/23/2010
go janus! the voltanis card, i'm glad i'm not on the receiving end(i have before many times.) goood chapter!
Aldamonburst chapter 58 . 12/23/2010
destiny heroes? it's too bad a jackass like him had them. good chapter.