Reviews for To Become a Ranger
dragonmay111 chapter 18 . 11/25/2014
Plz continue onto the next one! I loved it, so please continue sometime soon.
Careful Critique chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
I have to say, I am shocked that this story has almost one hundred reviews. This isn't meant to sound malicious but it bothers me that your fanfic has this many reviews while there are some out there, written by authors who draft and redraft like there's no tomorrow, and put such effort into their stories and simply don't get the recognition.

Your story seems juvenile and immature; that may come from age but regardless, when you chose to write a story in a particular archive/category, you need to know a lot about that category/fandom and this just seems like you wanted to throw your own Mary Sue into a movie that you thought looked good. Your misspelling of common words (Rivendell) and phrases indicates that maybe you haven't read the books. Which is fine; plenty of people only use the movie-verse as their basis for these stories and they still do a really good job at fitting their scenarios and characters into the world created by the genius J. R. R Tolkien.

I have to say, I wouldn't mind the initial spelling and grammar mistakes; everyone makes mistakes so who am I to judge? But the fact that there seems to be zero improvement on your part, despite the fact that some very valuable critiques have been left amongst the other masses of delusional readers who don't seem to care about the fact that this story is embarrassingly difficult to read and enjoy. You need to take criticism as a reader and improve on your work. And the fact that you just seem to post initial 'drafts' or get chapters 'out of your ass' then post them disheartens me. If you want to be a write then you better work at it; writing isn't something you can just decide to do one day. It takes practise.

Overall, I'm glad there isn't a sequel for this yet. You need to rework this story because to be honest, I would feel embarrassed about having written and posted this. But then again, maybe you just don't care and all you want is the praise of those individuals who like this...thing, you've written.
lizziecats chapter 18 . 8/5/2014
I loved this story, I hope that you will write a part two to this story!

I love the plot to this story, I like that Alyssa isn't helpless and how she has a purpose in this world being that she needs to kill the Witch King. I like the whole prophecy aspect in how Alyssa is forced to live an immortal life until she kills the Witch King or is killed by him. It's a cycle that she can't run away from and it only gives her more reason to fight and remain with the fellowship. I look forward to the moment that Alyssa has to battle the Witch King. I feel like that fight would be epic and intense lol

I love Alyssa's personality. She's been forced into this world and to top it off she's now stuck in a prophecy that could decide the fate of middle earth while she succeeds or fails. She's strong and stubborn and just what the people of middle earth need right now in these trouble times. I won't say she's perfect because that not true she faces struggles just like any other person would but she differs in the sense that she doesn't give up hope. Even the worse situations she doesn't falter and even tells the others that even a fools hope is still hope and not to forget that. I think she is an inspiration to the fellowship and I hope that she will form even closer bonds with each and everyone of them. I hope that she will form strong trusting friendships with everyone so that when she faces her own struggles and sense of hopelessness and being lost like Lady Gladreial warned Aragorn that she will have the strength and support of all her friends and allies behind her giving her the strength to keep moving forward.

Anyway like I said in the beginning I love this story and I really am looking forward to a part two if possible lol I want you to know that I appreciate all the hard work, time and dedication you have put into creating and developing this story. I know how hard it is to write something like this and I know that it takes time and patience to create each new chapter. I just want you to know that I really appreciate all that you've done to make this story as incredible and enjoyable as it has been for me so far lol
THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)

PLEASE CREATE A PART TWO TO THIS STORY, THIS STORY IS SIMPLY TO AMAZING TO BE LEFT UNFINISHED, I SIMPLY MUST KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT AND SO ON UNTIL THE VERY LAST CHAPTER!
I WOULD TRULY BE UPSET IF THIS STORY WAS LEFT UNFINISHED WHEN I AM SO COMPLETELY ADDICTED TO IT AND REALLY WISH TO READ MORE LOL

SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE CAUSE I WOULD BE SO DISAPPOINTED IF THIS STORY WERE NOT TO CONTINUE TILL THE END! :(
Maddie Schmid chapter 6 . 7/25/2014
Dick Van Dyke is flipping awesome! I love Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang! Love this book, it's creative!
CuriousIntrigue chapter 2 . 7/4/2014
To be blunt, your writing is extremely juvenile (I would guess you are rather young, which is fine), and there were so many spelling errors, it made my head spin. Aragorn would not say "ok" EVER. Perhaps a high school/college AU might be more in keeping with the type of LOTR fanfic you seem to want to write?

An author can only write well about things they understand through life experience, or in the case of fantasy settings, after having done some research into the subject so what they write is convincing to the reader. If you want to tell a good story in this fandom, my advice would be to read a great deal of Tolkien's work, and try to copy the language he uses.

When you have Aragorn say: "It's ok to ask for help, you know," it would be more convincing to have him say something like: "There is no shame in accepting aid." Can you feel the difference between the two sentences? If Aragorn sounds like a 20-something guy in college, then you aren't really writing about the character JRRT created, but your own construction and slapping the name of Aragorn to it.

I hope this is helpful to you, and good luck with your future writing endeavors. :)
Kyle chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
I've notice you seem to not take this fanfiction as a serious writer that wants to improve which is a sad thing. I am glad I don't have an account here due to all the immature writers who can't handle the slightest criticism.

Hopefully the next generation wakes up from being lulled to sleep by the New World Order and picks up the pieces.
Becca chapter 18 . 12/3/2013
I hope there is more soon!
xxEm'n'JJ4evaxx chapter 18 . 11/10/2013
Noticed that you never continued/wrote a sequel, that's too bad its a good story and would love to read the continuation of her story.
Heatblizzard chapter 2 . 9/7/2013
As soon as I got to the part she accepted being in Middle Earth with no questions asked or culture shock whatsoever I have lost respect for you're story. Bye!
Heatblizzard chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
Okay. I am genuinely confused. How did we go from Nova Scotia to British Columbia as they are way two different places and climates. BC mountains actually have a different climate then even the coastal towns like Prince Rupert and Port Hardy northern Victoria.

BC mountains are a lot more arid with average rainfall each month in the winter less then 75mm in many locations.
jesskalynn4 chapter 18 . 4/5/2013
I saw you never continued this on...bummer. It was good!
Kilataia chapter 18 . 3/11/2013
I loved the story :)!
cilia-chan chapter 18 . 1/19/2013
i really liked it! will u ever write or share the sequel?
Tyrel96 chapter 18 . 1/6/2013
I love this story so much!
Nemo chapter 18 . 9/29/2012