Reviews for A Walking Shadow
mshccs chapter 62 . 7/21
Great story! Hope you continue writing SSHG fics! :)
thechit chapter 2 . 6/27
Did they have an affair? He's treating her like an ex lover or something.
Draca chapter 62 . 6/24
I know it has been a long time, and oerhaps you don't even want to be bothered by my review, but I had to say how much I loved your story. Your writing style is gorgeous, it makes everything so much more intense... I love the storyline too, of course, but anything wiuld be briliant in that writing style. Just thought you should know...
Cause-and-Author chapter 62 . 5/18
Brilliant, beautiful, poignant and perfect. I could just go on an on and ON, but honestly, that'd get boring very quickly.

Instead, let me say that reading this delightful story occupied an entirely pleasant 24 hours, and I'm both satisfied at what I've read and saddened that it's over. You've achieved something magnificent here, and I can only say "thank you for sharing this."

Cheers, and a final round of thanks and compliments.
elena chapter 62 . 5/2
I am an emotional wreck. I've read AWS before but had forgotten the title, found it again and as soon as I started reading it I knew. I knew that this was that fic that I had read and loved before. Honestly, each character is so wonderfully developed and even though noone dies it still seems realistic. I can't praise it enough. I love that from the beginning Hermione is his equal she doesn't constantly live in fear of him nor is she constantly unafraid it's a beautiful give and take.
And Tayet! Such a gorgeous dumpling. I love that Harry's immaturity is discusses and developed and that Ron is not left to one side but he's loved too.

It's just an absolutely fabulous piece. Minerva 3 and that moment she gouges the table dear lord the emotion.

Just an absolutely fabulous work, emotionally intricate and stunning.
The moral of this story is that Severus runs around betraying people he supposedly cares about or who have been entrusted to his "care" and keeps getting away with it. I see.
Too much unnecessary transcendental reflection and deflection, not to mention the overabundance of navel gazing.
I'm still stuck on Severus whipping Draco for not being a killer.
Scarlet Azalea chapter 62 . 3/24
This is the third time I am reading this and as ever, I am stunned by the way you wield the language. Unusual, interesting, and skilled. You have a beautiful, deft hand and a most interesting mind. Thank you.
hayam chapter 3 . 2/20
Oh I love it! :-))
hayam chapter 1 . 2/20
I normally do reviews after having read the full story, but this beginning deserves a loud: WOW! Severus at his best and I can see and hear him - great!
Brilliant! :-)
muumi2three chapter 11 . 2/9
Horcruxes *should* demand a life for their destruction - it makes such logical (and magical) sense. Too bad JKR didn't pick up on the hints to that effect which she herself dropped in CoS and HBP. The blend of arithmancy with symbolic magic and mythology is also brilliant. I'm approaching speechlessness in my admiration.
Severin Hawkley chapter 5 . 2/5
Holy smokin' Snapes, I know I'm a few years tagging into this, but I'm hooked! Wow on the writing - can't wait to see what happens next!

Thanks for writing! :D
Vena Grey chapter 62 . 1/30
This is an incredible story. You are a master of wordplay. This reads like an emotional storm: incapable of being fully explained, chaotic, much like Tayet’s birth. I was definitely thrown a bit, at first, by the lack of context, and it took a few chapters to recover from that, but I’m so glad I stuck with it. It’s intimate without being explicit and frenzied without being confusing to follow, and yet, in haste to learn what happens next, I’m sure I missed a lot of the nuances, which means a re-read will be very much in order before too long.

So many scenes and lines stuck with me, probably none more so than when Hermione was sitting on the swing and Severus calls her home. The jarring effect of being “dropped in” at the beginning actually added to the experience – even better was that because the action takes place in such a small timeframe, I felt that much more like I was along for the ride. And the ending was perfect, almost absurd and trivial in a way that makes one ask, are they really going to go back to being student and teacher after those few days at Grimmauld Place?—no, clearly not. Obviously, I’m curious as to how they move forward, how the Order takes it and whatnot, but answering those questions in the text would have detracted from the story. I’m alright with being left to wonder.

I love the way you’ve characterised Hermione. She is a force in her own right. I could almost feel the trickle of doubt creep into Voldemort’s mind that this girl, this young Muggleborn witch, the manifestation of what he hates, might possibly have a power that he does not. I’m assuming Severus was the one you meant was the only wizard apart from Dumbledore who could duel with Voldemort and win, and he recognised Hermione as an equal. That element of their relationship was particularly well done. All too often their relationship is portrayed in this fandom as a bit paternal, but here, they balance.

I could go on and on, but others have and will cover what I haven’t. Thank you for writing this. Your mind is a fascinating place. x
1,234 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »