Reviews for A Walking Shadow
hayam chapter 3 . 2/20
Oh I love it! :-))
hayam chapter 1 . 2/20
I normally do reviews after having read the full story, but this beginning deserves a loud: WOW! Severus at his best and I can see and hear him - great!
Brilliant! :-)
muumi2three chapter 11 . 2/9
Horcruxes *should* demand a life for their destruction - it makes such logical (and magical) sense. Too bad JKR didn't pick up on the hints to that effect which she herself dropped in CoS and HBP. The blend of arithmancy with symbolic magic and mythology is also brilliant. I'm approaching speechlessness in my admiration.
Severin Hawkley chapter 5 . 2/5
Holy smokin' Snapes, I know I'm a few years tagging into this, but I'm hooked! Wow on the writing - can't wait to see what happens next!

Thanks for writing! :D
Vena Grey chapter 62 . 1/30
This is an incredible story. You are a master of wordplay. This reads like an emotional storm: incapable of being fully explained, chaotic, much like Tayet’s birth. I was definitely thrown a bit, at first, by the lack of context, and it took a few chapters to recover from that, but I’m so glad I stuck with it. It’s intimate without being explicit and frenzied without being confusing to follow, and yet, in haste to learn what happens next, I’m sure I missed a lot of the nuances, which means a re-read will be very much in order before too long.

So many scenes and lines stuck with me, probably none more so than when Hermione was sitting on the swing and Severus calls her home. The jarring effect of being “dropped in” at the beginning actually added to the experience – even better was that because the action takes place in such a small timeframe, I felt that much more like I was along for the ride. And the ending was perfect, almost absurd and trivial in a way that makes one ask, are they really going to go back to being student and teacher after those few days at Grimmauld Place?—no, clearly not. Obviously, I’m curious as to how they move forward, how the Order takes it and whatnot, but answering those questions in the text would have detracted from the story. I’m alright with being left to wonder.

I love the way you’ve characterised Hermione. She is a force in her own right. I could almost feel the trickle of doubt creep into Voldemort’s mind that this girl, this young Muggleborn witch, the manifestation of what he hates, might possibly have a power that he does not. I’m assuming Severus was the one you meant was the only wizard apart from Dumbledore who could duel with Voldemort and win, and he recognised Hermione as an equal. That element of their relationship was particularly well done. All too often their relationship is portrayed in this fandom as a bit paternal, but here, they balance.

I could go on and on, but others have and will cover what I haven’t. Thank you for writing this. Your mind is a fascinating place. x
Hilary chapter 1 . 1/2
One of the most intelligent and well-written works that I have ever read (not just fan fiction), and I have read much (English major, English teacher, lover of reading...you get the picture). It did take me some time to get used to your rather artistic phrasing, but I did enjoy the word play. Your plot line was complex, and yet made so much sense, even when taking into account what happens in cannon. A truly gifted writer you are!
Guest chapter 62 . 9/29/2014
You have a gift for words, and especially phrases, that contain great depth of meaning. Wonderful characterization and plot as well. I would have liked more lead up in the beginning to their situation, and perhaps a little less mad adjective and comma riddled descriptive scenes; though I can see the latter is clearly a part of your highly emotional style. Thanks for the read!
Guest chapter 4 . 9/12/2014
EWWWWW
ScaryPoppins chapter 62 . 9/4/2014
I have read this story at least 3 time, and with each time I find some new piece of information that I had missed the last. Your writing style is truly unique and I can't help but admire it. I look forward to reading any future stories you write.

Scarypoppins

P.s. still hoping you'll write a sequel to this wonderful story.
elena chapter 61 . 7/7/2014
Fantastic. In so many ways.
AMW1014 chapter 62 . 6/12/2014
Really enjoyed this fic. It is quite a complex piece. Well done and thank you for sharing
riverrat chapter 62 . 5/27/2014
I did a reading marathon over Momorial Day and finished this excellent story. Definitely one of the best out there. Thank you for finishing it.
Too bad Severus and Hermione have to go back to a teacher/student relationship, at least for the rest of the school year.
riverrat chapter 30 . 5/21/2014
How sweet, the part about the braid.
Sev does love her. I wonder when he is finally ready to admit it.
Guest chapter 24 . 5/21/2014
Here Minerva goes again with those ambiguous questions - even though she doesn't know it. Poor Hermione.
1,225 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »