Reviews for Letter To Inge
pisceanchic101 chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Very nice story. I found the episode inspiring and great as well. Thanks for writing this; I enjoyed reading it. :)
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
Hey Carl!

I have to admit, that episode was never one of my favorites, considering what Helga did to Inge, and it's like she learned her lesson the hard way. But Inge kind of reminded me of Olga in the fact that she wouldn't listen to Helga and tried to make her a real girl from day one, while isn't like most other girls. Helga saw her as a tormentor that way, and I guess I understand, but maybe she should have forced her to listen, rather than trying to get her fired and frame her.

But I like how you describe Inge here, and I think you're right about how she didn't return bitter feelings to Helga and could she past her in only the short time she knew her. Helga's so bitter and won't open up to anyone. But we all know the only one person who can help her with that. And I like how Helga sent her the finished cross-stitching, maybe like a little apology.

But I like this, it kind of makes the episode ending a little less sad.
krossfire chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
The fact that Helga had learned her lesson in that episode really put a smile on my face, considering all the stuff she had done to Inge. The letter was well written - as always, and it's fun to read what Helga had in her mind as she... well, *you* wrote it. :) All-in-all, it's a great fan explanation of their friendship, post-episode.
CaramelAriana chapter 1 . 3/22/2006
That was sweet.
Silver Kitten chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
I so enjoyed this piece. I really liked the lessons in that episode, and I actually forget about Inge's character which is kind of sad considering I really liked her (well, at the end of the episode, anyway). Thanks for bringing her back for me. I thought the letter was very realistic. I particularly loved the lines scratched out, surely mentioning her love for Arnold. Very sweet, very Helga, very nice story. And it *is* funny how some of the best ideas hit you during everyday, normal life.

Great work,

*Silver Kitten*
Jae B chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
My greatest appreciation and thanks goes out to you for having such an "overactive" imagination! This is the best one shot I've ever read from you.

The character development, in my opinion, is right on target. It reveals the "inner" Helga, yet allows the girl to keep her "tough" image.

Well, I need to get back to my own writing, but it's my desire to finish reading Terry Goodkind's "Chainfire" first. Have you ever heard of him? He's an awesome sci fi writer! Take care.

-Jae-

P.S. He doesn't allow fanfics! I respect and admire him for that, 'cause he has some intricate stories!
Pensively-drifting chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
so cute )
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
Nice one-shot. Excellent idea about showing Helga doing something about the only mean thing she ever did without really trying to correct it.

To be honest, even if Inge had good intentions, she chose a very bad way to approach Helga. She did it the same way you do with any girl, but Helga isn't any girl; she is tomboyish, hates most girlish stuff, and is used to wear the clothes she likes. Inge wanted to make her a perfect lady from day one, so, instead of feeling her as a friend, Helga considered Inge a tormentor from the same kind Olga is; one that tries to help you, but doesn't recognize your own ideas and personality, so you end disliking that person even if he or she is actually a kind one. I don't approve what Helga did to her, but I can understand her reasons.

Keep the good writing.
Allie1982 chapter 1 . 3/17/2006
Hey Carl,

Well I finally got a chance to read your new one-shot fanfic and let me say that it was an AMAZING story. I always loved the message in the ep "Helga's Nanny." Now there's an episode that can pull at your heart strings. Anyway the letter that Helga wrote to Inge was very touching and sounds just like our Helga. I'll never forget that one line that REALLY made me think. The line that Inge said to Helga in the park. "You're such an angry girl Helga and you won't let anyone help you, so you must live with your unhappiness!" Now that was a good line and I thought your story and Helga's letter was a GREAT idea for a one-shot. You know whenever I'm down on myself or bitter or angry about something I always think about what Dr. Bliss and Inge said to Helga. I think it's sad that someone has to live with their unhappiness, but life is never perfect. I'm sorry I'm going on and on here and I'm being dramatic. Oh well that's me Overly Dramatic AllieCat! LOL :) Well once again Carl this was another masterpiece story of yours. Keep up the good stories! :)

Love,

Allison
Jarel Kortan chapter 1 . 3/17/2006
That was cool, nice little one-shot. It's interesting to see things happen in between major events, like your story "Destiny Fulfiled" or "Arnold's Couch Confessions". Well keep it up man, and may the force continue to be with you.

Until next time, Jarel out.
lightbird chapter 1 . 3/17/2006
That was an awesome continuation of that episode, and Helga's letter was right on. I could definitely hear her voice speaking the words.

Great job! Happy St. Patrick's Day!