Reviews for Then and Now
magical-mystery-girl chapter 3 . 6/18/2012
Okay, so I realize that it has been a long time since you put up this story, but what the heck? I absolutely LOVED this story! It was great! To be honest I had been thinking about writing a story similar to this, but then I found it and I find myself completely satisfied...Great job! _
ancientesha chapter 3 . 8/6/2008
aww! that was very beautiful. he was so cute as a kid.

love it!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 3 . 3/13/2008
Wow.

Yeah, 'wow' pretty much covers it.

Your writing style could do with a bit of work, of course- your sentences tend to go on for longer than they need to, what with you using commas where full stops would work just as well- but the emotion in the story itself is beautiful.

For some reason, the idea of someone ending up with their first love in the end has always appealed to me, so having John and Elizabeth know each other back in high school added an extra touching edge to a pairing that I've always felt was hideously under-represented in the series (Particularly in recent times, what with the whole replicator mess and all).

Plus, I could easily find myself identifying with John's feelings over Elizabeth when they were at school; the outsider, so in love with a girl who he's convinced will never feel the same way about him as he feels about her...

It's brilliant, really.

And him thinking for all those years that he'd failed her when she needed him, only to learn at last that Elizabeth felt the same way as he did when they're finally reunited...

Once again, it's beautiful.

It took them twenty years and God-knows-how-many light-years, but they FINALLY admitted how they feel about each other.

It's a long way to go to get the girl, but hey; if love was easy, it wouldn't be as rewarding.

Keep up the good work!

(Any chance of any other stories set in this universe? If nothing else, it might be interesting to see how the rest of the team reacts to learning that their commanders were almost childhood sweethearts...)
Tinuviel Undomiel chapter 3 . 3/25/2006
I loved it, it was very sweet. When I write my fic called Summer Love, i would like you to read it. It is similar to this, except it features Teyla/Ronon as well.
Nyrocat chapter 3 . 3/18/2006
Hey! I love your story! You've really inspiered me! Love the story! please write more of the same type! (Maybe a mckay/OC?)
Casteline chapter 3 . 3/18/2006
This was really sweet.

Artemis
Kyrah-Lee chapter 3 . 3/18/2006
aw... that was a great story! thank you for sharing that with us here!

Lexa