Reviews for How Long is Forever?
Asukachan07 chapter 40 . 1/27
It was beautiful! It really read like an SG1 episode. I must admit that I feel cheated by the SD tags because that's why I started reading in the first place. I kept hoping that one Sam and one Daniel would get together, but nothing.
I never really cared for Sha're, and as great as this fic was I still don't care much for her. She represents one year of Daniel's life, but he stayed with SG1 for 10 years by the end of the show. Of course he'd love her, she was his wife, but as a Daniel's fan I cannot help but think how much Sha're's death changed Daniel for the worst. Daniel of later seasons is so much more bitter and sarcastic than in earlier seasons. He cut his hair, for crying outloud! Too cliché if you ask me.
I read somewhere that some show writer didn't like the character of Daniel Jackson, and it showed. Even when it looked like he could've found happiness with Sam or whichever alien woman, the option was never explored.
40 chapters is no small feat! Kudos to you for completing this long fic. I hope that you are proud of it, if you ever look back at it. It was a great read.
Thank you for sharing!
Guest123 chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
I could not even read the whole story. Half of it is just torture, it gets boring after a wile.
stargatemom chapter 40 . 3/15/2008
Great story you are very talented keep up the great work.
EmeraldWings90 chapter 40 . 10/17/2007
I just read this... and I loved every single word of it. You made me cry so many times... and you made me laugh so hard my mother asked me what was wrong with me. Thank you! It was so full of *feeling* and drama and... The point is, it made me feel emotions, and that's what I love about a fic.

The technical part was good, too! And this is a bigger compliment than you think because I usually *really* don't like time travel fics, especially the Moebius type... But this was really good, this was the 1969 type of time traver, where you can't possibly change things because they have originally happened that way too. I really liked how he got both the old and the new memories at the same time. That's how I imagine time travel to work, not the way it worked in Moebius.
BeyondBloodBath chapter 40 . 4/17/2007
great story!
anonymous chapter 18 . 3/29/2007
I am less than halfway through this story... but so far it is great... definitely one of the best SG1 fanfics I have read. Keep up the great work.
DementedLeaf chapter 40 . 2/11/2007
Aww... I liked this story a lot. I'm just doing the one review at the end of it as there're, well, 40 chapters, and my fingers would get tired otherwise.

Umm... what to say. Yeah, a couple of odd spellings - I'm sure the other Gooey - uh, sorry, Goa'uld was Heru'ur rather than your... different spelling. And you have the occasional bit of odd spelling or similar, but they're infrequent. One of the better stories I've read on this site, and I've been reading for a while.

This is going on my favorite stories list.
forestwife chapter 40 . 1/28/2007
this is a brilliant story! loved all the 'Danny whumping'! (yeah I always beat up my favourite characters too...!) anyway, I spy a sequel, so I'll be off to read that now! wonderful!
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 2 . 12/19/2006
Oh good. Why do I not like the virus plan...wow, one would think the Goa'uld are not bright. There are so many ways this plan could automatically go wrong. Oh, again, poor Daniel! I love how everyone is so concerned about him.
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 1 . 12/19/2006
Oh, poor Daniel! Amonet leave him alone! Why don't you pick on someone your own size! Shau'ri any host resistance plan could be put to extreme use now!
bluedragon chapter 40 . 11/22/2006
I love this story. It was great. You did a really good job on the story and on the overall writing. Well done.
devianttart chapter 40 . 10/30/2006
Happy to see you got so many great reviews!

Nice ending. Although it makes me sad that Daniel is still mourning her. Good work, though!
TooOldForThis1993 chapter 40 . 10/29/2006
:) I feel all warm and glowy now! The ending was awesome!

And as for a sequal...SEQUAL! SEQUAL! SEQUAL! SEQUAL! SEQUAL! SEQUAL! SEQUAL! SEQUAL! SEQUAL! SEQUAL! SEQUAL! SEQUAL! SEQUAL! SEQUAL! SEQUAL!

Please? Pretty please with sugar on top? Please sequal!
Nighshae chapter 40 . 10/26/2006
Good story, good ending, but yes, a sequel is definately in order... ;D Keep up the good work!
Jess13 chapter 40 . 10/26/2006
Aww I can't believe it's over already! :( But I really liked the ending. I liked how you showed both Daniels in their own times trying to cope with the fact that Sha're was gone. But she really isn't dead, is she? They just think she is. That could make for an interesting sequel (which would be cool if you're planning one). Once again I loved the Jack/Daniel and Sam/Daniel friendships portrayed in both times - love how everyone offered comfort to Daniel in 19 and I love how Jack was there to visit Daniel in the present time. I guess it goes without saying that I loved the ending scene with Sam and Daniel! *grin* Thanks so much for an enjoyable read!