Reviews for Double Surprises
nath452 chapter 14 . 7/5/2014
I have to say its a good end better than the one we got

thx
TiaKisu chapter 14 . 7/3/2014
Aw, that is such a sweet ending! I love how everyone's happy here, even though at the same time it makes me a little sad to see the crew departing without Firouz and Bryn on board. But with two babies to look after, the couple needs a home on land and who knows - maybe, when Eli and Salimah are old enough for travelling at sea the little family will join the Nomad crew again. Brianna sure enough wouldn't mind having other kids around even when they're a good few years younger than her.

All in all, this was one very lovely story that I really enjoyed reading.
Thanks a lot for writing and sharing it. It's great to see it be completed!
Guest chapter 13 . 6/18/2014
Beautiful story, but not long enough. Us fans are never satisfied
TiaKisu chapter 13 . 6/15/2014
Aw, he would stay behind for his little family. For a sailor like Sinbad that certainly is one big step to make. Still he has his beloved ship repaired though, hoping that Maeve will come along.

It's funny how his action could so easily have, once again, been the wrong choice and for a moment I was worried Maeve would completely misunderstand what he was doing there. Although it was her own fault in a way, she was already disappointed by how her child and the whole crew lied to her and this could have made it worse. But it seems she understands the mechanisms of it now and it was so lovely to read about their heart-felt embrace.

Makes me hope, and be rather sure about it, that those two can heal and begin to shape their life together now. :)
TiaKisu chapter 12 . 6/4/2014
So Sinbad's new attitude about women was the reason why Maeve stayed away from him? Well, that and the fact that in Manxa she could raise Brianna in peace and give her the time she needed to develop her powers? Sounds reasonable, and like a lot of hurt and feelings of betrayal were involved.

I like this rather realistic aspect to the story, and I like how human your Maeve is. She probably knows that despite everything it was Brianna's right to know about her father, still she reprimanded her for seeking the information and was hurt when she found out about her daughter's lies. In the end though, she was the one who caused Brianna to do this.
Nevertheless, no matter how betrayed the Celt felt, she had to go on - make dinner, because being a mother means being responsible for someone else no matter how bad you, yourself, feel. That very basic fact was translated well into your story. Well done.

The reunion between the crew and Maeve was lovely though short. I assume your focus will be on Maeve's and Sinbad's moment and I'm looking forward to what you'll do with this.

Thanks for writing and sharing. TK
TiaKisu chapter 11 . 6/3/2014
You updated. Awesome! And it's such a lovely chapter, too.

I really like how you described their afternoon together. That seemed like such happy times, and I am sure the crew and Brianna enjoyed themselves there.

I do wonder who the Messenger is though. Something tells me that maybe it's DimDim but I'd have to go back and read the other chapters again to see whether there's any hint on that mysterious person. At any rate - wow, Maeve sure is angry.

Sinbad knows keeping his time with Brianna was a mistake but I guess he'd always hoped he would somehow find a solution, but now that Maeve found out on her own things just got rather charged. I hope those two will be able to talk to each other though, if not for their own sake then for their daughter's.
Personally, I don't think Maeve ever stopped loving Sinbad but there seems to be a lot of hurt involved, and it sure won't be easy to get back to who they were before.

Thanks for continuing with this now. I hope you enjoy writing. :)
nonni88 chapter 11 . 6/3/2014
Keep posting please, dont let it stop without ending .
i would like to know how will maeve and sinbad encounter each other...
Guest chapter 10 . 4/8/2014
We really need the ending chapters.
Guest chapter 10 . 3/9/2014
WHAT happened next. Please finish the story.
Anime Princess chapter 5 . 7/24/2013
I like this! I will read more again when I wake up!
TiaKisu chapter 10 . 4/28/2013
Oooooh, dear. Maeve really is in for quite some news. Hum, I guess that will lead to quite some tension with her finding out that Brianna and Sinbad have kept their reunion from her. Although I must say, she doesn't have much reason to be angry, seeing she kept Brianna from Sinbad for nine years(!).

Anyhow. I totally loved Doubar's reaction. Haha, him just collecting his little niece in a huge hug and being all hyper about getting to know her is so him. As is the following line by the way:
"I don't understand why we had to be up so early!" Doubar's voice could be heard saying. "It's not like the sea is going to disappear after sunrise."
Really fits him!

In general I think you captured all the crew beautifully. Aw, and Dermott has a ladyfriend now? How cute!

Thanx a lot for the lovely update. Am definitely looking forward to more. :)
MJDai chapter 9 . 4/23/2013
How wonderful that you've picked this story up again! I got really sucked in reading it, so very pleased that you intend to finish it.
There are SO many ways in which Maeve can find out about the crew being in her very own village, I can hardly wait to read how it will happen!

I love how independant Brianna is, how safe she feels in and around her village- it really shows that Maeve did the right thing in settling down (though not in neglecting to tell Sinbad he was a daddy!) she's a very well-balanced and smart kid.

Oh and I really want to see Doubar and Bree meeting! He would LOVE being an uncle and I think the child would adore him right back. So thank you for writing, I'll be following this with interest.
TiaKisu chapter 9 . 4/22/2013
You updated. Great! :D

So Dermott did Bree the favour and actually lied to Maeve. And Maeve heard Firouz but didn't manage to see him. Hehehe, she met Bryn but had no idea who the petite brunette was. Love the idea that Firouz must have been really close by and that the two of them just missed each other by an inch!

On another note though: aye, that I can imagine. That Maeve's missing the adventure. Such an utterly domestic life with growing some plants and sewing in order to gain a little money doesn't sound like something I'd expect her to enjoy too much. It sure was the best thing to do for Bree, but for Maeve I actually feel a little bad. But, I guess she'll soon get that all back - her friends and family, and the life onboard.

It's lovely to see you've not abandoned this.
Thanx for sharing. TK
oO TetiSheri Oo chapter 9 . 4/22/2013
it's nice to see you updating finally :) very nice chap, though i think Dermot is having hard time lying on his sister. and Maeve was almost about discovering everything, i wonder how doesn't she know how Bryn look like, or does she not know that the crew has new member after her departure ?
anyway, i don't imagine Maeve'll be pretty happy to figure this all happened in her back,,, and her daughter, her love and her brother all lying on her and hide their presence .. i mean she won't be only mad but very sad too. i know her hiding from Sinbad and her daughter secret and losing connection from her brother all are mistakes that balance what's happening now. but still it'll hurt her, me guess.

i'm glad you're back to update, hope you update soon again :)
Lunita Shiratori chapter 8 . 2/14/2013
I like this story. Please i want read the full story. It's very interesting