Reviews for Taste Of Tears
kazfeist chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
That was good, but I had a bit of trouble understanding the timeline.
Lucifer-the-great-undead chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
hmm i like this drabble. he is certainly not her dream guy, but hey there's something.
Adalee Bishop chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
WOW! This was FANTASTIC! I love every minute of it! Amazing. Utterly amazing.

First off, I LOVE the title! It's so deep and meaningful, and it seems to scream out a thousand words to me. Great job.

"Only then did she allow herself to cry."-Great line. Really deep.

"And hating her for it." -Same as above. Just this one line seems to speak out volumes to the reader. It's amazing how you can do that.

"There was fire and noise. Lots of noise.

(He wasn’t a brave person.)"- ONE WORD: Wow.

"He turned away and carried on running.

(He wasn’t a good person either.)" -To me, this was the best part in the story. It was sickening, sad, and heart-breaking. You never strayed away from the character of Draco, and I love that. I have chills just thinking about.

Wonderfully done. Brillant. Awesome. Keep on writing

*Adalee*
sevengee chapter 1 . 3/21/2006
Bravo, bravo! Once again another AWESOME story...

Ahh, if only.. this fic made me a BIT sad... but just a bit xD. hehe. cause to tell you the truth im not saddened that easily, but this almost did it!

again, great frikkin job! i loved it! BRAVO BRAVO!
Vyntresser chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
Wow. You really had me thinking the entire time I was reading your story. That's a really good thing, seeing as how stories nowadays are quite explanatory and you don't need to think about them. OK, I'm just rambling now. I really, really liked it!
dizzydragon chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
I wasn't quite sure of the pairing until I reached about the middle of this, but throughout that whole beginning part I was squishing Granger-girl into 'she' and Bigot-boy into 'he' and voila. I was right.

I don't know why I told you that.

This was really, really gorgeous. I like character studies, especially with these two characters, and somehow-somehow-you pull it off. Draco and Hermione come together so smoothly and naturally in this piece; it doesn't feel like you had to force their characters into a mold at all. I really like the fluidity of that.

Let's see...more idea-stuff before I get into the specifics. I love how you've been setting most of your work lately in the during-war period-you're the only author I think I can read who places these two characters into during-war settings so many times, and makes it ORIGINAL, and STUNNING, every single damn time. I don't know how you do it. But whatever you're doing, keep doing it. :D

Love the mixed-up timeline thingum. Like...how you're never certain exactly when different sections/mini-chapters? of this piece take place. It really amplifies and pimps up the story...gah. I don't know what I'm talking about. But I like it.

"War was a strange thing. It made things raw. It made you live faster, with more passion." It's so true. And I kinda want to buy everybody a racecar now. -sheepish grin- Is that an odd thought to have when reading that line? Answer: Yes.

"There was fire and noise. Lots of noise.

(He wasn’t a brave person.)

...

He turned away and carried on running.

(He wasn't a good person either.)" I really liked that part, because it is just so in-character of Draco, no matter how much we sometimes want to make him into this noble, Thor-like, Harry-like hero. Because Draco wouldn't go back to save her, wouldn't risk himself to save her, wouldn't go back on his pride and his SELF to save her. And it's stuff like this that you do that makes me really love your writing-you only give us the real, and you don't fudge around and distract us from what is there by putting in fake, pretty words and fake, stupid humor (like me) and…I don’t know. It’s real, and it’s there, and you make it raw and beautiful and ugly all at once and it’s wonderful.

“She wanted a hero. No like Harry, because Harry was Harry and she loved him on another level that …meant something different. She wanted someone to fight her battles with her, not for her.” Aw. I love that first sentence, because a part of me sees myself in her, and…and…and it makes me cry. Gah. I’m mad at you for making me sad now because it’s really sunny here and it hasn’t been sunny in a really long time.

“He was a coward, mean and bitchy with a bitter sense of pride that went so much further than it had the right to. He didn’t like tears and he didn’t (ever) ask for or lend help.” Oh-my-god! Oh-my-god! That’s DRACO, right there! *fans self* That…is him. In a nutshell. Quintessentially DRACO, contained in two sentences, and…and…and I love your ability to put all the components that make up a character (make up a person) into words and keep that person whole. Oh. Oh-oh-oh, I don’t know why, but those two sentences are making me all weepy and it’s so perfect and…and…I can really, honestly see why Draco and Hermione are together. I really can.

“She decided then she would not give him anything until he begged and pleaded on his knees. She wouldn’t spare him a glance until he admitted something was broken and that he needed help to fix it.

She wasn’t going to budge an inch for him for all the guilt and pity in the world.” I love the sense of pride you’re also giving Hermione—because I think she has a lot of it, and not enough people touch on that.

“Because she realised then that she was fighting a losing battle, trying to free those who had no knowledge of their enslavement, no knowledge and no interest. He claimed to be happy where he was and though she didn’t believe it she was beginning to realise that he did. And she accepted it was not her place to challenge that.

The house elves went without hats that month (and the month after and the month after).” –slaps hands- Yeah! I recognize part of that bit! I guess you really did write it down, huh...You made so much more of my one little line that you liked in There Are Some and it’s…so much better. (Yeah, I’m kinda pissed at you for that…no, not really. XD) But yeah. Pimpage. And again, you made Hermione and Draco so perfect-puzzle-shaped for each other here, and I’m speechless and this is just such. A. Good. Story. Character Study. Whatever it is, I’m adding it to my favorites.

Thank you so much for this. It totally made my day. Smooches.
tahwekilelohcin chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
The last bit seems to stand out the most:

"He claimed to be happy where he was and though she didn’t believe it she was beginning to realise that he did."

Wow, I don't think that could've been worded any better. It's just ...powerful. I don't know why, but it is.

Oh, yay(!) for angsty Dramione. Excellent work, as per usual!

-tahwekilelohcin
debarie chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
I loved it! You did a great job keeping them in character and I love how you described Hermione's emotions!

Well done!

Always looking forward to what you have planned next!