Reviews for We Live in the Hearts of Those We Leave Behind
Mikkalea Luna chapter 8 . 8/21/2014
I read this story directly after "Echos" and I must say that this is my new headcanon for Gladiator! :-)

But why, o why, did Julius had to die! Now I am wishing that Maximus had killed Commodus a long time ago... but I guess a completely happy ever after would not do "Gladiator" justice...

Otherwise I really love your story and I am sure that I will read it over and over again :-)

Thanks for sharing it with us!
corrupted-innocent chapter 8 . 10/8/2010

I had no idea you'd written a sequel to Echoes in Eternity, and then I was just randomly scrolling through Gladiator fic and I found THIS.

THIS IS SO AMAZING. The same wonderful, poignant writing - Julius' death was heartbreaking, but very realistic and believable. You have everyone's voice and personality just perfect, I can see things playing out exactly like this. The interaction between Maximus and Lucilla, Maximus and Commodus... very well done. Bravo!

So now I'm wondering if you're going to be continuing the series... I saw that you're looking for a series title, which implies that you'll be writing more. *cheers* As a series title, then, maybe... "The Dream"?
Spaceape chapter 8 . 1/6/2009

just read through the sequel!

It's great! I couldn't have imagined it any better! I did hope Quintus would bring Julius back alive...

anyway, it's great just like the first part, won't you write another sequel?

Stoneage Woman chapter 8 . 3/27/2006
Amazing, amazing, amazing story. I am so glad you had Julius die in the end, not only because it was more realistic, but because it caused Maximus more pain, and I, ever the sadist, love Maximus in pain. Seriously, though, your plots are awesome, and I love your battle plans and stuff. Well done. You're going on my faves!
Koda chapter 8 . 12/2/2003
Very kewl.
cal chapter 8 . 10/31/2003
hi there! :) found this story. glad that i did. looking forward to reading the next part. :) thanks for writting.
Hockey Gurl chapter 8 . 9/3/2003
I've read almost all of your stories, you're amazing. Please update this and do'nt end it here!
asd chapter 8 . 9/1/2003
Please please please continue this. This chapter was so sad!
Ides of March chapter 8 . 5/29/2003
I started crying...

This is going on my favourites list.
Ariana Deralte chapter 8 . 1/29/2002
Poor Julius. Great story as always. I'm feeling a bit melancoly from that ending now...Is that it?
Ariana Deralte chapter 2 . 1/28/2002
You have this knack for writing really good, dramatic lines. At least now I know where Commodus went...
Marxbros chapter 8 . 12/11/2001
Robin, thank you so so much for adding this chapter! I know my earlier review was a bit harsh, but here you wiped away most of my criticism. It is so good to see Maximus cry-we tend to forget that he is a human being too. And the line about Maximus forgiving Commodus because he was Marcus Aurelius' son...that was really powerful. Anyway, this chapter completes the story...thanks for writing it.
Alien Angie chapter 6 . 11/29/2001
brilliant as always! Im so glad you finished this. i have been reading it on felixlegions, but finished it here. the ending is amazing, you ar such a talented writer its not fair! :-)

I love the ending, the way that you portrya both Maximus and Commodus, the way that they almost seemed to make up and then not...I dont know. i like the understanding that Commodus has, and the way you let him speak his side, 'he did it for Rome' which is a part that many people dont touch on, prefering to portray him as that evil bas***d that killed that gorgeous

I'll email you soon, right now Im trying to do my Horse Industry assignment so yet again my stories have been burried under work. :-(
Marxbros chapter 7 . 11/26/2001
I have to say that I really really liked this up until the last chapter. I never saw (hmm, how to do this w/o spoiling it?) the twist with Julius coming...I thought everything was going to be happily ever after. I love how you surprised us here, I was really shocked when I read that chapter. I thought there was good action and dialogue, I enjoyed the story, but the last part w/ commodus and maximus seems to be streching it. Maximus is not a god. I mean, what human being could talk decently with the person who killed his son? And the way Maximus almost offers him salvation, and the stuff about how Marcus Aurelius loved Commodus, yuk! I can never imagine Maximus saying that. Anyway, as always Robin I love your plotlines and your great stories, but the ending to this one rang false.
Gabe Kaiser chapter 6 . 10/18/2001
I enjoyed this story very much. So much that I came close to crying at the end. Well done!