Reviews for We Live in the Hearts of Those We Leave Behind
talstuart9 chapter 7 . 11/25/2017
Better late than never, Commodus, learning to know thyself. Somehow, he felt true remorse at the very end.
talstuart9 chapter 8 . 11/25/2017
Robin, this letter to his father waiting in Elysium was missing one thing, but you weren't negligent. I was thinking, however, that Maximus didn't even have to ask Marcus to meet little Julius and watch from Elysium as his Dad, Maximus, protects Rome as he promised. In fiction (as in the film), we saw Maximus actually enter the place where he was happiest, as if it truly exists.

I am not one to believe in overkill consignment by a god to everlasting flames. However, if I was a believer in any gods, I would hope that even the Commodus of this story and the one in real life find eternal peace.
Mikkalea Luna chapter 8 . 8/21/2014
Hi,
I read this story directly after "Echos" and I must say that this is my new headcanon for Gladiator! :-)

But why, o why, did Julius had to die! Now I am wishing that Maximus had killed Commodus a long time ago... but I guess a completely happy ever after would not do "Gladiator" justice...

Otherwise I really love your story and I am sure that I will read it over and over again :-)

Thanks for sharing it with us!
corrupted-innocent chapter 8 . 10/8/2010
OHMYGOD!

I had no idea you'd written a sequel to Echoes in Eternity, and then I was just randomly scrolling through Gladiator fic and I found THIS.

THIS IS SO AMAZING. The same wonderful, poignant writing - Julius' death was heartbreaking, but very realistic and believable. You have everyone's voice and personality just perfect, I can see things playing out exactly like this. The interaction between Maximus and Lucilla, Maximus and Commodus... very well done. Bravo!

So now I'm wondering if you're going to be continuing the series... I saw that you're looking for a series title, which implies that you'll be writing more. *cheers* As a series title, then, maybe... "The Dream"?
Spaceape chapter 8 . 1/6/2009
hey,

just read through the sequel!

It's great! I couldn't have imagined it any better! I did hope Quintus would bring Julius back alive...

anyway, it's great just like the first part, won't you write another sequel?

Pleeaasse?
Stoneage Woman chapter 8 . 3/27/2006
Amazing, amazing, amazing story. I am so glad you had Julius die in the end, not only because it was more realistic, but because it caused Maximus more pain, and I, ever the sadist, love Maximus in pain. Seriously, though, your plots are awesome, and I love your battle plans and stuff. Well done. You're going on my faves!
Koda chapter 8 . 12/2/2003
Very kewl.
cal chapter 8 . 10/31/2003
hi there! :) found this story. glad that i did. looking forward to reading the next part. :) thanks for writting.
Hockey Gurl chapter 8 . 9/3/2003
I've read almost all of your stories, you're amazing. Please update this and do'nt end it here!
asd chapter 8 . 9/1/2003
Please please please continue this. This chapter was so sad!
Ides of March chapter 8 . 5/29/2003
I started crying...

~Lisa

This is going on my favourites list.
Ariana Deralte chapter 8 . 1/29/2002
Poor Julius. Great story as always. I'm feeling a bit melancoly from that ending now...Is that it?
Ariana Deralte chapter 2 . 1/28/2002
You have this knack for writing really good, dramatic lines. At least now I know where Commodus went...
Marxbros chapter 8 . 12/11/2001
Robin, thank you so so much for adding this chapter! I know my earlier review was a bit harsh, but here you wiped away most of my criticism. It is so good to see Maximus cry-we tend to forget that he is a human being too. And the line about Maximus forgiving Commodus because he was Marcus Aurelius' son...that was really powerful. Anyway, this chapter completes the story...thanks for writing it.
Alien Angie chapter 6 . 11/29/2001
brilliant as always! Im so glad you finished this. i have been reading it on felixlegions, but finished it here. the ending is amazing, you ar such a talented writer its not fair! :-)

I love the ending, the way that you portrya both Maximus and Commodus, the way that they almost seemed to make up and then not...I dont know. i like the understanding that Commodus has, and the way you let him speak his side, 'he did it for Rome' which is a part that many people dont touch on, prefering to portray him as that evil bas***d that killed that gorgeous general..lol

I'll email you soon, right now Im trying to do my Horse Industry assignment so yet again my stories have been burried under work. :-(