Reviews for High Flying, Adored
UppityBitch chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
never understood what people find in Mara jade, she 's sith a traitor and assassin and died in th eu universe, most don't know about her since the Star wars is eagerly know for the movies! sith and jedi don't go and can't see each other!
ElsaSkywalker chapter 25 . 8/21/2014
Wow, I just love this story! It's so entertaining, and I never want it to end. I can't wait for the next chapter! Please update soon!
fiesa chapter 25 . 7/27/2014
Interesting...

I started reading this story a few days ago because the summary caught my interest but didn't say enough to make me decide whether I wanted to read it or not. The first chapter was very confusing to me, the second and following chapters though introduced an interesting plot with premises I liked a lot, so I kept reading.

Mara has always been one of my favorite characters and for the most parts I liked the way you wrote her. She was snappish, strong, tense and perhaps even a bit aggressive. I had a bit more trouble getting used to your Luke, I do not know why. Maybe it was the premise that he was a Sith - someone who could and would Force-choke a officer who made an error. Maybe it was because I found it difficult to reconcile the thought of him with the rather pretentious, dramatic (especially noticeable during his father's funeral) behavior. But the explanations you gave for this - he was the heir to the throne and became the Emperor, he loved his father, he loves his people - were valid, and I'm working on liking him more. It has become easier in the later chapters. Your characterizations of all the characters in your story just are very different from how I would think of them.

What I really enjoyed were your plot twists. Those concerning Luke were my favorites: having him live on Tatooine with Obi-Wan only to be kidnapped later and brought to Coruscant was a nice one (although maybe not completely unexpected, seeing as your story introduces him as Vader's son living on COruscant). Padme and Bail marrying was something I could see them doing, both for the sake of Leia. But "separating" Leia and Luke in age and having them grow up thinking of each other as step siblings - now that was a brain twister! Well done! As was the idea of making Luke Force-blind. I have to admit, in all the time I have known and read SW, I've never come across this idea. Perhaps because Luke's very essence is that he is a Force-user - without it, what would he be? He doesn't have the "luck" to be heir to the Empire in every fan fiction :) What is more, you revealed the fact at the perfect moment, just when I began to question how the heck Xixor would be able to hold a full-grown Sith in a cell and keep him quiet (even with Luke's tendencies towards pacifism which he seems to cultivate even as Emperor) just like that. ANd then Mara swept in and asked the same question, and Luke's answer answered a lot of other questions, as well. And opened up incredibly many pathways into the future of this story! I had some theories as to what had happened, which mostly had to do with Vader coming to get him and Obi-Wan telling him to hide. But since Obi-Wan told Mara that Luke had always been that way, I've discarded them again. I was hoping, next, that he would be able to gain the basic understanding of the Force needed to be able to use it, mainly because I love the Force-link between Luke and Mara and would have been overjoyed to see them develop it here, as well. On the other hand, Luke has given very valid reasons as to why he is glad that he cannot feel the Force. So why not? You've already overthrown so many things I thought were just basics for Star Wars. Do continue, if you have the time and the motivation, I would love to see where your idea was headed, and how much of it I have been able - or not been able - to somewhat predict.

Obi-Wan's relationship to Mara - actually, everyone's relationship to Mara - always seemed rather strained to me. Or, the relationship between Mara and the adults in her life, namely Padme, Obi-Wan and Yoda. I was a bit sad to see how rigidly the latter clung to the Jedi Codex, and how hostile he was towards Mara. It seems to have gotten better now. Same with Obi-Wan: love does change things, no matter the exact type of love, I guess. I am glad Mara has been able to gain some peace in that hindsight. Leia and Han as the actual lovers - even without being married until recently - were a nice side story. I also greatly enjoyed the Rouges' appearances, albeit short. About Xixor I know close to nothing, I just know I don't like him, from reading how you describe him here :)

Especially in the last two chapters, Mara's growth has been depicted very, very well, and I liked the way you introduced it and played it out. This last chapter, actually, is my favorite one when it comes to Mara's thoughts and feelings, and especially to her connection and perception of the Force (that part was beautiful). I am very curious to see how you will continue. If you do.

So I haven't been able to ignore what seems to have happened here. This story was published years ago, wasn't it? And this year you've posted the latest chapter? From what I've read you've always been wanting to finish it. That drive is admirable! I hope it will work out. I got the feeling that there was quite a shift - in time, style, mind - between the old chapters and the latest one. Years in between would, of course, explain that. To say that there has been an improvement would make your writing style and the achievements of yours sound smaller than they are, I think: Writing styles sometimes shifts over weeks, so years would do a great deal. I wouldn't even compare the chapters when it comes to style. Sometimes I can't express myself well, so I hope I've been able to say what I mean: I liked the story so far, but I liked this last chapter a lot more because of the changes in the characters and in your writing. If this last chapter hadn't been here I might have stopped reading without putting this on my alert list, now it will be placed there. Whenever (if) you continue, I would be happy to return and see what you have left in mind for the characters of this world I have come to like a great deal, despite rocky and bumpy patches.

My best wishes for you! Thank you for sharing this story. (And sorry for this monstrous review.)
Guest chapter 25 . 6/27/2014
Hey! Welcome back! I always liked the premise of this fic and I'm glad you are choosing to pick it up again. Mara's emotional turmoil shines clearly through, and I particularly like her scene with Obiwan. I'm not a fan of using'for forces sake' in the dialogue as you have done a couple times, I don't know it has too many syllables and I always find it vaguely humorous when I come across it. It makes me wonder how I would invent colorful language appropriate for the Star Wars universe- not an easy task I think. In any case I will have to take the time to go back and re read this to refresh my memory on the plot. I do recall that I was really enthusiastic about the idea that Luke was a prince not a farm boy. The whole concept is a fun, fresh take on things. Once again,welcome back.
Rozzandmaya
Guest chapter 25 . 6/26/2014
Yay thanks for continuing this story!
Long time reader chapter 25 . 6/26/2014
So happy to read this! I've been following this since around 2008 (too lazy to login as 19sweetgirl96) and to be honest I don't read as much fanfic as then. I got the email though and it really made my day too. Glad to see you are keeping your promise of finishing it. Good luck!
ShyMaryButterfly chapter 25 . 6/27/2014
Fall in love with this fanfic :)
phantom-jedi1 chapter 25 . 6/27/2014
-waves-

Glad to see you back and equally glad that I'll finally get to see how this turns out!

Phantom Jedi
ILDV chapter 25 . 6/26/2014
Very GOOD
CloudyDream chapter 24 . 3/20/2013
This was very well done. The plot itself is not really my cup of tea - as I prefer stories that focuses on action rather than romance and, if really someone's gotta die, I'd take a dead Luke over a dead Vader any day - but despite of and especially because of this I can safely guarantee that it's absolutely well-written, well-characterized and well-everyting, intriguing and interesting in all the right points. What I'm trying to write, I guess, it's the FFN equivalent of the stereotypical youtube comment "I don't usually listen to this artist, but this song is great". The difference is that I really mean it - you've got yourself a reclutant fan, a convert if you would, and those are the purest of all :P
So, what I'm REALLY trying to write is, you're awesome, stay awesome.
Dunno if you'll ever get back to this story /read this, but I thank you anyway for an entertaining afternoon.
Cheers,
Cloudy
bec chapter 24 . 2/6/2013
Great story! You were just getting to the good part...developing Luke and Mara's relationship from convenience to perhaps love? And you have to go and have a real life and a professional career. Now the story won't be finished until you retire. (Sighs dramatically) we will be here waiting. I wish you success in all you do.
Demendora chapter 23 . 12/14/2012
Great story, it's pity that it wont be finished, as far as I understood((
Liberwolf chapter 11 . 9/22/2012
wondered if the Senator Amidala was weeping as well at being finally recognized by an empire as being Vader's husband, being Luke's mother.

You wrote down husband when describing Senator Amidala's relationship to Vader instead of wife. Just a little typo I figured you would like to that little bit of mistype I think you've written a fabulous story about an AU Star Wars Universe and weaved it together perfectly.
amarasnape chapter 24 . 12/19/2011
I think this is a great fic! I think it just needs one last chapter to wrap it up. I hope you have time. And as for certain rude reviews you may have got - pay them no heed. I love the complex plot line. 3
Tenages chapter 17 . 3/25/2011
I'm sorry but did you ever bother to read the words you vomited onto the page? You have absolutely no semblance of a coherent plot. In your fic, shit happens, and then more shit happens and there's no logical progression or connecting rationale anywhere.

I'm not sure where exactly you learned to converse, because absolutely nobody speaks the way your characters do, either in real life or in Star Wars. The only place you see this kind of dialogue is in terrible period pieces. In addition, absolutely every single person in your story speaks in EXACTLY the same way. There's no differentiation from person to person? Have you never heard of voices? Different characters use different words, syntax, sentence structure, etc. It's part of characterization, something you've apparently never heard of.

You also massacred the characterization of just about every character in your story. Vader was done very well (aside from the aforementioned speech issues) and Kenobi was surprisingly good. The rest of them were atrocious, miles divorced from anything we see anywhere, and seemingly clones of each other. And why was it necessary to turn Luke into the world's largest pusssy?

Finally, I can't even give you credit for originality. Your basic conceit is virtually identical to an older story. In that story, the Rebellion set up their own government of worlds outside the Empire. The surviving Jedi joined up with the new government, forming a new council. Mara is a relatively young Jedi. Leia is part of the Republic. Luke rules the Empire. He writes a treaty between both sides, and chooses to marry Mara to cement the alliance. Mara has a position in the Imperial govt and splits her time between there and the Republic, alternating 6 months back and forth. See any similarities or is it just me?