Reviews for The Golden Fox
Anon chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
I really like these Naruto getting banished story, especially when you have a nice prologue that make the reader keep going.
Guest chapter 4 . 3/3/2013
-My computer's being spazzy again... Didn't finish typing that review. Continuing on.

Two major things that seriously bugged me-

One, Yumi (that was her name, right?) has nearly zero character development. She keeps popping up all over the story, but she might as well be a background character. There's nothing at all that stands out about her, and her responses to everything are exactly what you'd expect: boring. To be honest, the only two that seem to be kept in character at all are Ino and Shikamaru. For some stories, OOC characters work. This isn't one of them.

Two, Naruto. Another one out of character. I know that he's MEANT to be OOC for this story, but he's just coming across as a completely pessimistic asshole. The entire Naruto anime practically revolves around Naruto never giving up and never taking back what he says and always being optimistic and self-sacrificing. Take away one or two of those qualities, he's still sort of Naruto, but when you take away all three, can you even call that character Naruto anymore? He's got the same past, but what else? Though that's a bit off track of what I was meaning to get to. Even with a completely OOC Naruto, the character bashing is over the top. What did Sakura and Kakashi REALLY do to deserve being talked to like that?
Sure, Sakura often insulted him, but it was always like a friend insulting another friend rather than a bully insulting someone. And the 'I never want to talk to you again'- the boy she was sure she loved just left. Naruto promised he'd bring Sasuke back, and he didn't (not to say it was his fault). Sakura DOES have some sort of right to be angry, doesn't she (you shouldn't get someone's hopes up and make promises you can't keep)? And people say things they don't mean when they're sad and angry like that. She would've apologized later.
As for Kakashi, he taught all of them the same things. The only time I recall him giving Sasuke 'special treatment' was before the chuunin exams- and it wasn't like he didn't have a reason for it. Plus, he still made sure Naruto had a jounin to help him out, didn't he?
Adding on to all of that, these events happened YEARS ago. YEARS. When they were kids. Naruto was the one who left them and couldn't let it go. Sakura and Kakashi weren't being terrible to him- no one was. He's living in the past and being over dramatic. Even Sasuke was being nice (for Sasuke, that is). This kind of Naruto... I hate him. I usually hate Sasuke (to an extent), but in this particular fan fiction, I can say completely for sure that I hate Naruto more than Sasuke.
You could justify him being angry or hurt, but how he's acting in this story is just annoying. He's not likable at all, and I would HATE to be poor (boring) Yumi.

I suppose this is more like a flame or just plain criticism rather than the constructive criticism people always ask reviewers to leave, and I would apologize for sounding rude, but that wouldn't really matter a whole lot, would it? A flame is a flame, apology or not.
So, continuing on that track, I really don't understand how a story like this with such a terrible main character is so popular.
Guest chapter 4 . 3/3/2013
I tried reading this story a while back... I can't quite remember when, but I know I didn't get too far before stopping (because, to be honest, the entire story came across as one huge excuse for a ton of character bashing). So just yesterday I found this story again, saw how popular it was, and thought to myself, 'It couldn't have been all that bad... Might as well try reading it again'. Bad idea.

Last time, I read just a bit past this chapter. This time, I couldn't even make it past chapter 4. The story itself is a pretty nice idea, but there were two major things making me nearly hate it.
Aladdinina Magi chapter 15 . 3/1/2013
Hehehe you should have made tsunade watch him with the glass ball
Ciel Moony chapter 42 . 2/28/2013
Artist of War Ares chapter 42 . 2/19/2013
bad ass mother fucking story for real
demonhunter44 chapter 10 . 2/14/2013
Smk271 chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Hey to the ass holes who say it's sucks if you don't like it don't read it now get the fuck out of here you stupid fucker
goldenagato chapter 42 . 2/5/2013
Good job. Liked the plot used, keep up the good work.
onlytoask chapter 11 . 1/29/2013
Congratulations. That I can remember I have only read two fics that were so bad that I stopped reading them before the end. This fic has officially made it on my list of fics that I don't plan on finishing. It may happen, but I pray to god that it doesn't.
onlytoask chapter 10 . 1/29/2013
This is so bad it's almost physically painful
onlytoask chapter 9 . 1/28/2013
The writing remains horrible. And there's a reason people continue to read even though you're a bad writer. By this point they've spent way to much time reading this to just stop.
onlytoask chapter 8 . 1/28/2013
Oh my God the writing is so terrible. And they way you make him out to be you can't possibly tell me that the Sannin are stronger than him. If you honestly are trying to say that, then you have a serious problem with keeping facts straight. Just from the very fights you've told us about up to here it's been proven that he's massively stronger than either of the Sannin.
onlytoask chapter 7 . 1/28/2013
The writing in this is simply horrible.
onlytoask chapter 6 . 1/28/2013
When I say what I'm about to say I'm not trying to be an ass. You are a very bad writer. The way you write is hardly even mediocre. And your story line itself is barely passable. You are also either very, very bad with strategy or you purposefully made every bit of strategy in here stupid. Sometimes I honestly can not figure out why people seem to love such low quality stories like this one. Nevertheless I have started and now I have to finish. Unless of course you manage to go against the natural progression of things and become worse instead of better.
3,976 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »