Reviews for The Golden Fox
onlytoask chapter 6 . 1/28/2013
When I say what I'm about to say I'm not trying to be an ass. You are a very bad writer. The way you write is hardly even mediocre. And your story line itself is barely passable. You are also either very, very bad with strategy or you purposefully made every bit of strategy in here stupid. Sometimes I honestly can not figure out why people seem to love such low quality stories like this one. Nevertheless I have started and now I have to finish. Unless of course you manage to go against the natural progression of things and become worse instead of better.
onlytoask chapter 5 . 1/28/2013
The horrible writing of this is almost physically painful.
onlytoask chapter 4 . 1/27/2013
The writing this really isn't very good honestly. From the few reviews I read, I expected this to be some super story. Maybe it gets better further on.
onlytoask chapter 3 . 1/27/2013
This is not actually all that good. The story line seems ok, but the writing is mediocre.
onlytoask chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
God I can already feel the intense anger I'm going to have when I finish reading this because the series is unfinished.
onlytoask chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
I really don't know why I'm reading this story. It's finished and it doesn't appear that it will be updated, but it sounds much to good to skip even if it will leave me disappointed.
Big Daddy Joe chapter 10 . 1/24/2013
Your naruto is almost as bad as sasuke in emo he says sasuke's an arrogant jerk?he should look in the mirror made one of my favorite characters ever into an excuses 'this is my fic i do what i want' and 'dont like it dont read it' but guess what i already read some of it jackass and i have to say almost every element is good...except your narutos attitude.i kinda wish he dies in the end with the way you have written him.
HalfwayParanoid chapter 42 . 1/22/2013
This was surpisingly good. I loved it. Took me a day and a half to read. Your writing is impecable, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.
DukeFang chapter 6 . 1/20/2013
You know, I always wondered what it would be like if Naruto actually stood up to Sasuke and beat him to a pulp, told Kakashi off for shunting him to the side, or made Sakura see how much that he had sacrificed for her, but unfortunately I'm not sure if this story really illustrates how that would happen. I know this story is immensely popular, and my review will most likely go unread, but in the off chance that someone should happen to see this, I'll divulge my thoughts.

One of the main problems with this story are the circumstances under which Naruto left the village; even though the mission failed, his teammates injuries fall on Shikamaru's shoulders, not Naruto's. Also, the council never takes drastic measures to harm Naruto for no apparent reason, not to mention the fact that Naruto would never leave his "friends" and his dream behind even if commanded by Tsunade. Another problem is that even in the unlikely event that Naruto left the village, he would never become as bitter and cynical as he did in the story because in the actual story, Naruto's personality would never change that drastically. He would never speak to Sakura like that, or call Kakashi scum because he would always consider them his friends; however, I believe that the interaction with Sasuke was fairly accurate if the actual plot had taken that direction.

Another main problem was/is Yumi: whichever way you slice it, Yumi is either a part of the author (where the author feels like they need to put themselves in with the main cast), or a completely pointless plot object which closes off a potential drama hotspot. In most stories where the protagonist returns after a long absence, usually after banishment (Kinda like-no exactl like Kaze no Stigma), the protagonist is much more powerful than those who used to step on him/her and mercilessly proves it; the drama comes in when a past love interest, or an important person from their past meets them and sees them with new eyes and newfound admiration. With the introduction of Yumi, the author closes off many potential romances with the female characters such as Sakura and Hinata, maybe even Ino.

I know this review comes a little too late to help, and will probably go unnoticed, but to anybody who reads this, consider the facts that I just illustrated, and that when writing any fanfiction, as much of a drag as it is, you MUST stay true to the character's personalities and not stray into the realm of Mary Suedom where this story is destined to end up.
Naruto- the troubled, angst-ridden protagonist
Sasuke- the jealous old rival who turns out to be no match for the protagonist, and probable does something drastic out of anger.
TheQuasiZillionaire chapter 42 . 1/1/2013
A wonderful story. Maybe a little too much flashback, but overall I give it a 95/100. Good work!
Sam chapter 42 . 12/26/2012
Oh my goodness! This was an awesome story and one of the best I've read in a while! Great Job!
emy1511 chapter 9 . 12/23/2012
reading your authors notes just have to point out that Sai is a year older so he'd be 19 if your going by what the original story says :)
love the story man.
killdie22 chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
sounds kool lol
ArthurB chapter 23 . 12/21/2012
boring and naive story
Agato - The Hadou Inari chapter 5 . 12/14/2012
Your just another Canon loving jackass.
3,962 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »