Reviews for Till Human Voices Wakes Us'
NuklearWaffles chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Well I enjoyed this story, you wrote it well and didnt reach the cheese like you suspected. You hit the perfect medium D
Artsy chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
Good story! You are a talanted writer. I've read printed books whose narrators couldn't write as good. Telling the story in present tense was also quite clever. Really made me feel like it was happening.

About your explination at the end though: I thought Deckard DID have superhuman strength, just didn't realize it at first? He yanked a pipe right off the wall to fight Rudger Howear, and he hung onto the edge of a skyscraper with his figertips. I always thought that was supposed to be a clue that he was a replicant.

That's just my theory. Of couse, none of us knows just what the heck was going on in that weird movie, so your version works just as well.
Boy Ratty chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
It's an interesting study of what their relationship might have been like, but I have to say that I found the writing a bit confusing and awkward in places, especially towards the end. I think I figured out the gist of what you were saying, after re-reading the last half, though. There were what I thought were longer-than-necessary, and thus confusing, sentences. I also think it would have been clearer and just generally better if you wrote out her letter, instead of attempting to describe what it talked about.

By the way, I believe you meant "query"(a question), not "quarry"(a hunted animal), early in the piece. ...or maybe I misunderstood, and you meant: "what she was after", in which case, perhaps "quarry" could be used. That could be considered interesting as a play on words anyway, considering how her kind was once his "quarry".

Despite my criticisms above, I thought the concept was good. It seemed to me that you were trying to evoke a bittersweet feeling (a feeling that defines the movie, for me) by suggesting that though Deckard loved her, he continued to hold something back, as if he felt he shouldn't really love her, maybe. Or perhaps that he couldn't trust his feelings- or hers, for that matter. Only after she was gone did he fully understand that it would have been alright to fully give himself over to his feelings for her (and that her feelings were as real as his), when he found out the truth about himself.

Did I read your story right, or are my reactions not what you were intending?
Alfonts chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
Is this the first review? I'm afraid it's been a long time since I've seen "Blade Runner" and I've only ever seen the director's cut. That, and the novel ("Do androids dream electric sheep?" by Philip K. Dick), sticks more firmly in my mind. I strongly reccomend you read it if you haven't done so already...

Now that's out of the way:

This certainly seems te be an acomplished piece of writing. I would, however, have apreciated a long piece. I just think that the love between Decker and Rachael could have been explored more. Before I forget, you could have snuck Rachael's name in a little earlier; but that's only a minor qualm.

Yeah, the only real problem is that I'm not feeling a lot of love from Decker... Rachael really does seem to adore him... But he doesn't really seem to care for her. At least not until the end, and that's a little to sudden.

Still, like I said before, it's still an acomplished piece. I'd say practise is all you can really do. You'll get the whole romance thing sometime.