Reviews for Lost Conversations
ninedin chapter 6 . 6/9/2012
I am very much in awe of your Al-Rassan fanfiction. You managed to get both the mood and the characters exceptionally well. Congratulations!
ninedin14 chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
It is more a review of the entire "story", not just just chapter. I liked them a lot: your imitation of Kay's style is very good, your psychology both subtle and in character and you have a very good undestanding of the feeling of nostalgia and the fading of beauty that this book is filled with. I really, really enjoyed reading those.
Elizabeth Culmer chapter 5 . 12/14/2008
I really like the way you show Jehane keeping her sense of humor even after such an improbable thing as making love with a famous man whose poetry she's admired for years, and I love the sense of rich contentment in this piece.
Elizabeth Culmer chapter 4 . 7/11/2008
I love the way you tease out bits and implications from the book. You catch Kay's sense of fading beauty - of roads untaken, doors with no keys, the lament of 'lost and gone' - as exactly as anything so fragile can be caught. These are all beautiful.
leian chapter 3 . 5/13/2007
I must mention that I'm sitting here attempting to write and I keep getting email notifications from FFN on your new story, new chapters. *giggle* It is most distracting.

So very happy to see more of Lions of al-Rassan from you, dear! As always, -very- nicely done.
older than red chapter 2 . 9/24/2006
Guy Gavriel Kay is one of my favorite authors and this particular book is fabulous. It's nice to see something posted about it.
leian chapter 2 . 9/5/2006
Perhaps it was because I was distracted by your Labyrinth fics. Perhaps it was because it had been years since I'd read and discovered the sheer beauty that is the Lions of Al-Rassan (which I re-read recently) but I cannot understand how I could have missed noticing and reading this fic earlier!

It fits; you do Kay's style very well.
Misura chapter 2 . 4/6/2006
An utterly glorious and gorgeous piece of writing, perfectly fitting the style used by GG Kay and, of course, the characters themselves. I loved to read this, in spite of the scene that followed it not being one that cheered me up in any way.
Misura chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
It's fics like these that make me glad I scroll through this section every now and then, in spite of 99% of the fics being for books I never read. I loved to read this, and it was especially cool to see a fic for this novel; GG Kay has got to be *the* master of cutting scenes out. ; I'm delighted to hear you think you'll be writing more for this 'fandom', and far too tempted by the second 'chapter' to stick around here much longer, so ... *hits submit and goes to chapter 2*
beledy chapter 2 . 3/28/2006
I just wanted to thank you for writing this. It finally got me to look at Guy Gavriel Kay's works, and I just finished The Lions of Al-Rassan. It was beautiful.
NebulaSpider chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
Wow. Seriously, that sums it up.

I see so little Guy Gavriel Kay fanfiction and in my opinion he is one of the most accomplished, least appreciated fantasy authors out there. His prose is gorgeous beyond words (I always have a vaguely aching feeling when I am finished one of his novels) and his grasp of human emotion and character is without peer.

Thank you so much for appreciating his work enough to add your voice to it. You managed to capture his tone with that book perfectly - congratulations. It's beautiful. :)
Aethelind chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
I started reading your fanfiction when you wrote Unforgiven, looking at your fav. books I saw The Lions of Al-Rassan. Thank you so much for that gift, it is now one of my own favorites. I only hope you will do more about it, maybe somthing like your Speculations.
Elizabeth Culmer chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
Oh. I like it, and the sense of opportunities and beauty lost is very Kay-esque.

You're going to write more? *anticipates*
Nekotsuki chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
o_0 You're a Guy Gavriel Kay fan! I'm not sure which of his books is my favourite, actually, but Lions of Al-Rassan is excellent and could do with some decent fanwork to fill in all the little gaps that were left to our imagination. _ And the flow and style of this piece is just like him; you've captured it near perfectly. Thank you for writing it :D