Reviews for A SECOND CHANCE
Aileil chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
This almost makes me not hate Q. He never did anything that nice for anybody before. And, because Q is Q, it makes me think that maybe that future actually had a chance. Almost as if it actually did happen but we only get the one chance to glimpse it. I always did wonder why Data didn't have a second pin...

Lilith Luciferia chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
Beautiful piece. The idea is original, the characterizations are perfect, and it has a great pensive, bittersweet tone about it. The carving of Spot and the reference to Q's role at the end especially contribute well to the story. Lovely work.

Data lives.
SeverusPotterSnape chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
so sad... i hated it when data had to die within the movie but yet got replaced by another android. it was good though...
OrangeR0se chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
I was at first confused, but now I understand, and it's wonderful.
Carpethead chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
The story was very well written, and I thought you portrayed the characters beautifully. It made me laugh, nearly made me cry :), and ultimately brought a profound sense of closure.
DBZfan4 chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
Very nicely written. I liked this story. You put an iteresting spin on it right at the end.
donkeyjaws chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
This is a beautiful amazingly touching story. It moved me to tears. Thank you. I wish that Picard's dream was actually true. Thank you, again.
TheVulcanPrincess chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
All I can say is...wow. That was a great story!
frank chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
Elements of a Clock

Before we continue describing the evolution of ways to mark the passage of time, perhaps we should broadly define what constitutes a clock. All clocks must have two basic components:

a regular, constant or repetitive process or action to mark off equal increments of time. Early examples of such processes included the movement of the sun across the sky, candles marked in increments, oil lamps with marked reservoirs, sand glasses (hourglasses), and in the Orient, knotted cords and small stone or metal mazes filled with incense that would burn at a certain pace. Modern clocks use a balance wheel, pendulum, vibrating crystal, or electromagnetic waves associated with the internal workings of atoms as their regulators.

a means of keeping track of the increments of time and displaying the result. Our ways of keeping track of the passage of time include the position of clock hands and digital time displays.

The history of timekeeping is the story of the search for ever more consistent actions or processes to regulate the rate of a clock.
Nor chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
WOW! I loved the story... Great ending.