Reviews for A Love Born From Steel
Shelune chapter 16 . 5/27/2006
It is so surprising...every time I think, that there cannot be any other better chapter then the one I have already read...and You always manage to change my mind...its a fantastic story...
scudder chapter 16 . 5/27/2006
This is a superb chapter

physically (the kiss, the storm, the rainbow)

emotionally (Ennis' comfort and peace)

Spiritually (The spark of electricity)

in a superb and heart-warming story.

Thank you, Maine Author!
Joetheone chapter 16 . 5/26/2006
Ok you are making it hard for me to type a review because I'm crying so hard right now. This was a beautiful chapter and the way Hal passed on was just so magical the storm then the rainbow and Ennis giving him a loving kiss to leave this plane. You really did a fantastic job on giving Hal a respectful and wonderful way to pass. It is all so magical the way you wrote this I'm just too emotional to say more. Joe
Valandil Eluch chapter 16 . 5/26/2006
you broke my heart i was really touched you really hit me and i was crying with this you remind me how my great grand mother died she asked my dad for a kiss because he was the exact image of her husband and you just brought me that memory my beautiful babushka thanks i love you story and i'll always will!
DeathBunny chapter 2 . 5/26/2006
That is so sweet! U totally have the characters down very good hopefully u go into more detail in the sex scenes:} I wonder how Lueeren is going 2 react? Probably thow china at him or something!
DeeDee120 chapter 16 . 5/26/2006
This was by far, the most compelling chapter yet. And once again I'm looking forward to the next one. Hals death was written with such sweetness and love that it's something that will stay with me for a long while.
sjowall1452 chapter 16 . 5/26/2006
It is the best chapter yet-except maybe the first. Your integration of the weather into the action is masterful. You range so comfortably threough such a bunch of emotions, and Hal's death is so beautiful. I finally added your story to my "favorites" list (as author you had been on it a long time).

This is really great...
blackhatnbeard chapter 16 . 5/26/2006
Wow. This is some of the most compelling, beautiful writing I've ever read. The scene where Hal dies and passes through Ennis was extraordinary. I'm still teary from it. I said once before that I think you must have some similar experiences with me around losses. Now I know its true. Your respect for the passing of life is so touching. The changes that this event has brought about in Ennis are the most sensitive and truthful Ive read about him. And the way our boys are together is so fulfilling to read.

Your writing has filled my heart with joy.
Cat Ballou chapter 16 . 5/26/2006
*sigh*

This is a wonderful chapter, I really love it, it goes straight to the heart - and... I don't know what else to say in case of THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!

Hugs,

Cat
Peggyz chapter 16 . 5/26/2006
Oh my! So sweet and tender. So emotional. I'm emotional. And you are a talented writer!

Please don't stop now.

Thanks!
pastorfred chapter 15 . 5/22/2006
Oh! Another exquisite chapter.

I took the reading of chapter 14 as an occasion to re-read all the other chapters. :-)

You are so right that there were tears for this chapter. When Ennis told Jack that his home is in his heart and that Jack is there for all time, that was the moment for me.

Thanks for your tribute to hospice. They really are a gift to our time and place.

Peace,

Fred
DeeDee120 chapter 15 . 5/21/2006
As usual, when I finish this authors chapter, I am left begging for more. Her characters are becoming like family members I am concerned about. Another great read.
laura chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
this is one of the best fanfics i've read, recently! i love how ennis is coming into his skin, more comfortable with affection and with being together, and i love that now jack is a little worried. ;) and i love to see lureen accept it! it's clear that she cares for jack, if she's willing to be around him & ennis, if she wants jack to be happy.

gotta say though, every time jack's alone in the house, i worry about the tire irons. ;)
amdaz chapter 15 . 5/20/2006
wow.

I absolutely love this chapter.

We don't talk much about death in this country, I agree with the spritual part of this story.

Amazing.

Thank YOU!
JC chapter 15 . 5/20/2006
Love the chapter! That’s our boys, so loving and generous. To agree to take care of a dieing person is no easy decision, but it just came naturally from Ennis and Jack.

I have never heard of hospice and its philosophy, learned something new here. This totally justifies the time I spent on reading fan fictions . Jill is a very interesting character. I like her, but just as surprised as Ennis and Jack with all her spiritual talking, the suggestive comments here and there, and she even traced her fingers along Jack’s jaw! which is kind of unusual. Would like to see more of her in the future chapters.

Now let’s see, we have quite a few pending things on the plate right now that wait for more elaboration, Jack’s pending divorce, Tom’s secret, business loan for Lazy L, Hal coming home, Yellow Stone trip (maybe?), to name a few. This is good because it looks like the story is not going to wrap up soon :).
331 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »