Reviews for A Love Born From Steel
A Horse Called Hwin chapter 15 . 5/20/2006
I'm glad Hal finally got to see the painted house before he would pass away, and the description of Hal, Jill, Becky and other nice people are wonderful!
Shelune chapter 15 . 5/20/2006
Oh it is such a beautiful but also sad chapter! As always it is great! I'm translating the 8th chapter now and like the story as much as I did when I read it first...

go on writing soon..

Katze
Lucise chapter 15 . 5/20/2006
Another great chapter!

How sweet of our boys to look after Hal now that he has returned home. The hospice nurse sure sounds like a kind and warm soul..;-). I can't wait to see how the whole arrangement at Lazy L works out!

Thank you!
scudder chapter 15 . 5/20/2006
It's a wonderful thing the boys are doing for Hal. When he dies, it will hit Ennis very hard, for he is just coming out of his protective shell. If the viewing is held in the living room of the farm house, Jack and Ennis will get to meet Hal's friends and he must have a lot, gentle and caring soul he is. Maybe his lover will show up?

What a great story!
Cat Ballou chapter 15 . 5/20/2006
It's a wonderful chapter and Jill is so sweet! Love both! No - everything! And I can't wait to read more of this chapter!

Btw: How many chapters do you want to write? It will be fine to read a lot of more of them!

Hugs,

Kitty
Front-Ranger chapter 6 . 5/20/2006
Really enjoyed reading this chapter and can't wait to read more! I'm sure I will like Hal, the build-up is great. I liked the part about Ennis sitting on the porch, his mind empty of all thoughts. I don't know why! Guess I would just like to have that experience! The flow is really nice, not like Dan Brown or authors like that who are so predictable.
Katy chapter 15 . 5/19/2006
This series just keeps getting better and better, I swear. This is so much better than some other fics I won't mention -mature and thoughtful. I love how Jack and Ennis continue to get closer and closer, finding new levels of intimacy. It is so sweet that they will be taking care of Hal now.
onefreetoroam chapter 15 . 5/19/2006
Wow, this was so great - and thank you for allowing Hal to go home - it's to bad that more older folks aren't allowed to die at home - but enough about that. Thanks again and hoping for more shortly.
rchglphpa chapter 15 . 5/19/2006
This is a very special chapter. I love that Ennis just knew it was right to bring Hal home.

Words are kind of escaping me right now-it really was good.

I am really happy that Jack is missing the girls so much. they all are really getting to be as a family should when they are together.

good info on the hospice too! Excellent-thanks for sharing.
Angel chapter 15 . 5/19/2006
“Which feelin’, Jack? That depression?”

YES, I WAS WORRIED THAT JACK WAS GONNA HAVE SOME RELAPSES. GIVEN HOW FAR DOWN HE'D GONE BEFORE, THOUGHT IT COULD COME UP AGAIN.

"My home is in my heart, and yer there, for all time.”

ENNIS SAID IT ALL WITH THIS STATEMENT.

“Hal, yer home,”

JACK AND ENNIS HAVE THE BIGGEST HEARTS. HAL WAS DESTINED TO COME BACK TO HIS HOME, MADE BEAUTIFUL AGAIN WITH LOVE, AND SPEND HIS LAST MOMENTS WITH TWO LOVING MEN WHO HE SHARES MUCH IN COMMON WITH. LOVE HOW THIS IS GOING.
J H M Vognar-julie01 chapter 15 . 5/19/2006
Your nurse stands out so clear-because you are a nurse. A great Mystery writer, P.D. Jasmes, wrote many books, but my favorite is "A Shroud for a Nightengale": because it takes place in a nurses' school, and she once was a nurse...

Anyway, it's great that Hal is going to die at home, and that he said "the house looks just like it did 40 years ago." What a thrill that must have been for E and J...

Homecomings are always great...
blackhatnbeard chapter 15 . 5/19/2006
Oh my god-you just blew me away. This is going to change everything for the boys. I have been through so many friend's deaths-this brought up a lot of tears. I am deeply touched by the way you are handling this. The way they are caring for Hal is wonderful.
prairiecitygirl chapter 14 . 5/18/2006
Thank you! It's nice to see another chapter up.

So, the big questions are: what's the deal with the loan officer (let me quess - a buddy of LD Newsome), and, what's Tom's hurry? Hopefully you'll fill us in some more in the next chapter. And, what will Alma's reaction be when Ennis shows up with the kids?

Oh, so many questions...hopefully you can update soon.
onefreetoroam chapter 14 . 5/17/2006
Another great chapter - especially liked the interaction between Jack and Ennis concerning buying a bed.

Wonder what all the secrecy was with Hal and Tom, HM?

As to the bank loan officer's reaction - if I didn't know better - I'd say that LD had something to do with that.

Hope Ennis is safe on his trip and doesn't fall asleep or anything.

Also, really liked the part about the picture framing. LOL

Thanks again and can't wait for more.
janice4 chapter 14 . 5/17/2006
i just love your story. it is so well written, and has such emphasis on the entire life of the people. its well rounded and realistic. you are very descriptive in telling of the surroundings. its almost like you are there. i am particularly interested in the old hal. i hope that the townspeople are generous and accepting. i love it so pleased to find your new chapters posted. thank you again. be looking forward to your next post.
331 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »