Reviews for A Love Born From Steel
BBMISwear chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
This is my first official review of a fan fiction story! I just had to let you know how much I love your story and I too want 10 more chapters right away! I realize, however, you have a life outside of Jack and Ennis and will keep telling myself to be patient. I loved the exchange between Jack and Ennis in the latest chapter while they were in the bank - it was so in character for them and makes me smile imagining all that - it's like being a fly on the wall. And, the whole "favorite spot" scene...the collarbone and the jaw...m. Awesome! Ennis' girls are so sweet - how lucky he is they're reacting in such a kind and loving way. Keep up the great work...looking forward to the next chapter!

BBMISwear
Sam Cdn chapter 14 . 5/16/2006
Hee hee ... I went through a Nancy Drew period when I was younger! I read quite a few of them! My favourite was one about a ballet dancer doll or toy or something ... I can't remember and I'm too lazy to look it up!

Anyways, these past chapters were really well-done. I thought you handled Junior and Jenny's visit very tastefully. I especially enjoyed the conversation between Ennis and Junior in the truck on the way to the ranch. I thought you handled that very well. (I also read "Are You There, God? It's Me, Margot"!)

Looking forward to more.

-Sam
Shelune chapter 14 . 5/16/2006
oh what a wonderful chapter! it is very sweet! Althóugh I have a lot of other chaptersto translate first, I'm looking forward to this one! I will start with chapter 8 soon...

bye and go on reading!
scudder chapter 14 . 5/16/2006
Jack: "Ennis, when in hell are ya goin' t'admit you are as gay as me?"

Ennis is doing OK, Jack. It took me 50 plus years to admit it. I didn't have you to egg me on!
A Horse Called Hwin chapter 14 . 5/16/2006
Jenny's Barbies' wedding really reminded me of what I often did when I was still young - (sigh) to be young again... And Jenny's drawing of Jack and Ennis kissing is really sweet!

Great chapter as always!
Joetheone chapter 14 . 5/15/2006
great chapter, I loved everything written thanks for the chapter and I'm nervous about the bank loan and Tom's hurried visit but I guess we will find out later. This story is so well written and so touching the way Jack took care of packing food for the trip to Riverton, also so nice the girls wanted to leave there prized possessions to return too. Thanks Joe
rchglphpa chapter 14 . 5/15/2006
Now I am curious as a cat about Hal and Tom and what they are cooking up.

I don't know about the bank man, I hope Ennis keeps his cool.

Love them talking about what they like, and what theyare going to do, makes me smile to have them making plans.

this is getting better and better-what's next?
Julie H.M. Vognar-julie01 chapter 14 . 5/15/2006
Jenny's drawing is SO great. yeah, sex is fun to write about, huh? You been doing this long? I mean, longer than the story... Question: Is Ennis putting himself on such a tight schedule just because he wants to get back to Jack? Driving at night some people prefer, anyway.

The first time through, I missed the reference to getting the girls downstairs, and though I thought Ennis was driving them home, I wasn't sure. Aside from telling Tom they'd like to stay longer-was there a reference to them leaving at 2 A.M? Wrote haikus about (just seen) Jack wanting to kiss Ennis in the first tent scene, and the hands..

Chorus: What's eating the old man?
Jane chapter 14 . 5/15/2006
Dear MainWriter:

I think I already wrote you yesterday, and I just love your story, can you please write 10 more chapters right away? It is the best story of Jack and Ennis, I can't wait for more and more and more.

Now I read somewhere that constructive criticism is not frowned upon, so I just have one comment: a few chapters ago your story said that Jack and Ennis expected Lureen to pay to board a horse for Bobby. I'm sorry but that just does not feel right, even though Jack and Lureen and Ennis all believe it to be natural. Since Bobby is Jack's son doesn't it reason that he should board his son's horse for free? Just IMO.

Anyway besides that the story is perfect, I can't wait for more!

Sincerely

Jane

Stoney Creek, Ontario
DeeDee120 chapter 14 . 5/15/2006
There's only one thing wrong with this writers chapters. They end. I'm left wanting more and more. The characters are coming into their own and I find myself believing what I read. Can't wait for the next one...Bring it on.
JC chapter 14 . 5/15/2006
Can’t wait to read the next chapter. I want to know what’s the big secrete that got Tom up in Lazy L, and if Ennis and Jack have some problems with the business loan.

I know I said that there must be challenges ahead, but it’s still hard when you have to face it (read it in this case).

Is Ennis telling the truth when he said “Sometimes. Not too much. It hurt too much, made me sad, thinkin’ ‘bout ya so hard.” I am thinking the “I sure wrang it out a hunderd times thinkin about you” line in the short story.
space case x827x chapter 14 . 5/15/2006
i really love this story. i have like 10 bbm stories on my story alert list, and this is the one that makes me the most happy! keep writing, you are fantastical!
J chapter 13 . 5/14/2006
What a wonderful story. I just read all 12 chapters in one sitting and my heart is just full. I am so in love with this story, you have no idea. I just love how you weave the original BBM dialogue into your story, is is magic. Especially the part where Ennis says ok Mr. Memory tell me what we said and Jack repeats Sendin up a prayer of thanks line by line, I almost swnoon at this beautiful fanfic. I hope you can continue this story for a long time, I will be checking back for the next chapters every three hours!

THANK YOU!

J
Lucise chapter 13 . 5/13/2006
Another great chapter!

I loved Ennis taking his girls to the garage sale and the flow of their everyday lives in general! I loved Ennis' little chat with Jenny about her 'Uncle Jack' after what she witnessed on the porch. It sure looks like our boys are really going to make a go of things at Lazy L!

I am really looking forward to the next chapters...Infact, I can't wait!

Thank you!
rchglphpa chapter 13 . 5/12/2006
very nice.

I like him taking the girls to the sale, and getting them things of their own, more like they live there for real now.

I also like the call to Alma to set everything up.

honesty is best there, and he did a good job with it.

Love jack cooking with his cookbook, with or without "help" LOL

thanks for sharing another good chapter.

Don't like the ominous feel I get from j's warning about bad apples though, could do without that kind of stress-them and me
331 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »