Reviews for A Love Born From Steel
A Horse Called Hwin chapter 12 . 5/10/2006
Junior was so sweet and it seems they would have a wonderful time together in Quanah.

By the way, great chapter!
DeeDee120 chapter 12 . 5/9/2006
This just might be my favorite chapter yet. How cute the scenes with Junior and Ennis were. I've read quite a bit at fan fiction, bu Maine writer tops them all. Keep em coming
JC chapter 12 . 5/9/2006
Chapter 11 is “Happy” Very happy indeed.

I am…

Happy that Jack took care of Ennis from the attire, the car, to where to stay, and what to do, to make sure that Ennis looked good and proper in the whole picking up girls deal.

Happy that Ennis stood up against his old fears, and decided he can not live on his life by what others think

Happy that the whole sleeping arrangement was not an issue after all the discussions.

Happy that Ennis and Junior had the talk. Didn’t realize that Junior was only 12. She was a very mature girl.

Happy that Junior was so sweet to Jack.

“Make sure you leave time for other activities.” The line cracks me up; I can not believe Ennis said that.
JC chapter 11 . 5/9/2006
Chapter 10 is “Smooth”

The character development is smooth. I actually just finished another fanfic (Somebody New) and switched to this chapter. Other than the different story lines, I didn’t feel there is a big difference in the characters. They were all based on the characters in the story/movie, but matured over time in fanfics from the story/movie version of the characters, particular Ennis.

Jack and Lureen’s conversation was pretty smooth.

Smooth transition to the proposal of buying Lazy L. Looks like our beloved characters get to stay in Texas after all.
Jamist649 chapter 12 . 5/9/2006
Such a sweet chapter. I'm so happy for them both
prairiecitygirl chapter 12 . 5/9/2006
Wow. I don't think I've ever reviewed before...if I haven't, I sure meant to. This is one of my favourite brokeback WIPs. I just love where you are taking this story!

And 2 updates so close together! Thank you!
Cat Ballou chapter 12 . 5/9/2006
*sniff*

Wonderful chapter! It's so sweet and charming - and OH... I love the way Alma met Ennis! ROFL - Must be a special scene if they put this in the movie! *g* I can imagine her very good, standing there with mouth wide open and that look in her eyes "Is THAT my husband?"... *g*

And especially the end of this chapter... I really love it because you can see that Junior really understands this magic between her father and "Uncle Jack"!

Great chapter - as always!

Hugs,

Kitty
racchelle chapter 12 . 5/9/2006
I just finished this chapter and I'm ashamed to say I can't remember if I've posted feedback yet. I just wanted to say that I love your story and have from the beginning. It's nice to see Ennis so relaxed and loving. I also like how well you've incorporated the kids into the story. Looking forward to more...
blackhatnbeard chapter 12 . 5/9/2006
I cried when Junior thanked Jack for making her Dad happy! This continues to be lovely and a pleasure to read. The details of how their lives come together and how they care for each other are just terrific. You write clearly, with great dialogue. Also, very lovingly. Much enjoyed...and appreciated.
amdaz chapter 12 . 5/9/2006
I love this chapter very much.

Junior talking to Jack that way, boy that girl sure is advanced but I'm happy with it anyways.
Jalynrn chapter 11 . 5/8/2006
I just spent the whole afternoon reading this. It's truly excellent and I can't wait for more updates. It's going on my alert list.

Jenny
Lai chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
I just read this and I totally love this. But, I noticed that it is already complete according to the summary. Hopefully, you have a sequel cuz you kind of ended it in a bad place. What will happen to Ennis and Jack now? The farm? So, pls. update soon
A Horse Called Hwin chapter 11 . 5/8/2006
As a matter of fact, I've been wondering if Jack and Ennis would buy the farm themselves, too...
Peggyz chapter 11 . 5/7/2006
Love it! Love it! Love it!

Keep writing!

Thanks!
amdaz chapter 11 . 5/7/2006
This is just fantastic.

I have been thinking this afternoon about when you're going to update. Very happy that you did.

I like the direction you're going, and really looking forward to the girls visit.
331 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »