Reviews for A Love Born From Steel
onefreetoroam chapter 11 . 5/7/2006
Talk about timing - I was just fixing to send you a note to see if we might expect another chapter soon - loved it - can't believe that Jack and Ennis are finally getting them a place together. YeeHa, Hope Uncle Hal isn't to hurt though about not getting to go home or maybe - he's given a couple of days to live and so Jack and Ennis have him brought out to the farm for his final days - that would be swell?
katy chapter 11 . 5/7/2006
Great chapter as usual, I like the direction you are headed-Jack and Ennis buying the ranch.
Julie Vognar chapter 11 . 5/7/2006
It's kind of funny (though quite appropriate-don't get me wrong!) that it's none of Lureen's business about Jack and Enmnis's sex life-but it's all of ours!

I somehow get the feeling that buying a FARM-a place to live for maybe the rest of their lives-would be maybe a bigger thing. Everyone is so low key about it.

Everyone asked me to describe Bobby..so i did, and boy was it fun! Hey, did you already do this, and I've forgotten already? I'd feel like a prize drip.

OH: thing three-I don't need to hear about "no more beans' again-why not just leave it as (what tyou called it!) a benediction...

Lot of complaints from one stupid review-enough. Enjoyed it very much, in spite of the things i mentioned...
Jamist649 chapter 11 . 5/7/2006
Another great chapter! Thanks for your hard work, I certainly have enjoyed reading thus far. One thing, however, if I may. When Tom walks up on Jack and Ennis making out, he described it as being "sexy" and said he was "getting a hardon"; I was surpised at the end of chapter 11 for nothing more to be said of this. It almost makes it awkward.
Cat Ballou chapter 10 . 5/5/2006
I found your story today and just a few minutes ago I finished reading all the chapters! It's so amazing and fantastic and I really love it! I hope you'll update soon!

Hugs,

Cat
Sam Cdn chapter 10 . 5/3/2006
I'm sorry I'm such a slow reviewer ... life gets busy and somehow, I don't get the time to catch up on my little guilty pleasure!

These last two chapters were fun. I'm glad Tom finally knows! I really liked the idea of him finding out by catching them making out and finally realizing what an idiot he's been! But unless we're going to find out later that Tom is gay, I can't imagine him finding Ennis and Jack hot. It just didn't ring true to me ... I mean, I'm a straight female and though I'm extremely accepting and supportive of gay men and women I've never found two women making out hot. (Two men, on the other hand, is a different story!) At best, I think he would be curious. More likely, though, he'd probably sort of think "Well, OK then, I'm alright with that," but he'd hope to not catch them making out again!

Anyways, sorry about the rant. I really liked J and E's "marriage." I really liked the subtlety of it and how you didn't make it overly sentimental. I also liked this line:

"“I’m glad you stopped by too,” Sarah said. “It was special, wasn’t it?” her words conveying the knowledge that she knew exactly what she had witnessed."

So keep writing!

-Sam
teresamaria chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
hi,

i just submitted a review but i have a question. why doesn't this story come up on the main site with all the other stories. if i hadn't seen the link on live journal i never would have known about it and i would have hated to miss wondering.

thanks,

teresa
teresamaria chapter 10 . 5/1/2006
hi,

i just founf your story last week on live journal as someone posted the link for it. i wanted to tell you how much i love it. it is one of my favorite bbm fan fictions. i hope you plan to add more chapters. i was so excited when i saw you had added another chapter yesterday. since i saw that you hadn't in a while i thought it might have been finished. i am so glad it isn't.

teresa
JC chapter 10 . 5/1/2006
I was happily surprised as I expected to wait for a week for this chapter.

“An unspoken vow traveled between their eyes”, yummy I like that. The part of Ennis and Jack bought each other the ring is very sweet. Ennis sure emotionally matured a great deal.
CadetBrujon chapter 10 . 5/1/2006
Love that embroidered toilet paper cover! LOL!

I'm such an old softie. The business about the rings is really sweet.

And the assessment of the mayor is a hoot!

Keep up the fine work, little darlin'!
sjowall1452 chapter 10 . 5/1/2006
Per-fect. I'm beginning to feel like I'm Ennis. I keep worrying about people like-Sarah, and stuff.

I just had a daydream about-a honcho at the Asain Art Museum. About 3 years ago, he started wearing a wedding ring (plain gold band). I know he's gay. It upset me. I dreamed that he told me it bore a strong family resemblance to a ring of silver, with braided strands, which I had just described to him , and he said that. Of course, it was just a daydream...

Oh yeah: critism...I love the way you get all the details right. Like NOT mentioning cancer and the sun, which not many people thought about in the '70s. and there not being much of a contingent from the Viet Nam war in the parade, and I see YOUR folks drink lemonade, too (I'm told fresh lemons are readily available in Texas, even though parts of it are very dry-maybe a little more expensive than in California, but readily available). I see you're using "knick-nacks," but haven't re-read the last chapter where you use the Yiddish word, so i don't know if you changed it there. Oh, I also noticed that the TV doesn't work too well, so maybe you took Bob's advice about that ( last, or chapter before). The shirts sound great...

It's funny, I just told Jeff that i was glad they didn't think about getting married at Alma, Jr.'s wedding, but it's all so natural in your story, I think it's fine. I still worry about matching rings, though...good thing I'm not gay! I'd have a terrible time...

Leslie, have you ever been to Texas? I don't think I'd like it there very much...
blackhatnbeard chapter 10 . 5/1/2006
Beautiful, simple, ans elegant. The whole buying the rings part was just perfection. That is just exactly how they would have done it! You know these guys so well. You manage to hold onto this delightful sense of life between them that just astonishes me. Thank you for this!
Shelune chapter 10 . 5/1/2006
Well you know that I like your story ;) Also the new chapters.. I'm looking forward to translate them.
A Horse Called Hwin chapter 10 . 5/1/2006
This chapter is really cheerful and reminds me a lot of the July 4th I had last year - especially the parade and the fair, which were all described vividly in this chapter!
amdaz chapter 10 . 4/30/2006
I've really come to enjoy your work and look forward to each new installment.

This latest however, feels very special.

Not because of the fair, where Ennis felt comfortable enough to go with Jack. Not because of the rings and not because of the conversation by the river over the meaning of the ring.

What I found very special was your description of the picture taken by Tom of the two of them, looking at each other ... faces completely open and natural. Teared me up.

Thank you.