Reviews for A Love Born From Steel
onefreetoroam chapter 10 . 4/30/2006
wow, beautiful, thanks for a "perfect" story - hope to see more soon - I know life can't always have a happy ending but it's nice to have one once in awhile.
Peggyz chapter 10 . 4/30/2006
I really love this story and your writing. Even though this seems like a nice stopping point for your story, I hope you'll keep going. I want to hear about the visit from Ennis' daughters, what happens with Hal, etc. etc. etc.

Thanks for a great story. Keep writing!
Joetheone chapter 10 . 4/30/2006
Beautiful chapter for a beautiful Sunday ending April. I cannot say much more then that. I was all teary when they bought the rings and so happy that they could share this experience with Hal. He is a sweet man and Ennis is so good for visiting him so much. Well, they both are special guys. Great storyline and a great storyteller you are. Joe
Valandil Eluch chapter 9 . 4/30/2006
it is a really good story i would have love to left you the review before but i was unable to send reviews
katy chapter 2 . 4/30/2006
I know I keep saying this, but I really like you writing. Surprised at Ennis's calm reaction to Jack's past affairs-he has matured. Also suprised at Tom's reaction to their relationship-PLEASE NO THREESOMES I BEG YOU.
JC chapter 9 . 4/30/2006
Another great chapter!

I was a little bit surprised that Ennis took Jack’s confession on others guys Jack had been with so well. In my mind, Ennis always felt very possessive on Jack being his Jack. It would be hard for Ennis to swallow the fact that Jack has been with other guys, even if it was before their reunion. Ration aside, since Ennis had no ground to blame Jack being with other guys before their reunion, I thought Ennis would be more hurt to know the truth.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
A Horse Called Hwin chapter 9 . 4/30/2006
I really like Tom's way to solve the intrude-others'-privacy problem, and this chapter is very detailed and nice!
Jamist649 chapter 9 . 4/27/2006
Ok, now I'M turned on! Do I see a three-way coming? (sorry, just daydreaming I guess)!
ar-men66 chapter 9 . 4/27/2006
Your work is one of the best fiction i've ever read. Also with a very good use of the language, tomake it readable also for foreign peole like me. Excellent plot, development and character study. Regards Alex .
DeeDee120 chapter 9 . 4/27/2006
Loved it! Another wonderful read from this author...Bravo!
Julie H. M. Vognar-julie01 chapter 9 . 4/27/2006
He! I see you've brought Ennis and Jack back to movie-Tom doesn't think they're queer; he thinks they're hot! Join the crowd!

So much fanfiction in 2 days, Jeff's and yours, and I read another one I'd never read before-and-I'm writing one. A real ugly piece of work.

I mean-NASTY!

Don't know if I'll have the nerve to show it to anyone.

About Instamatic cameras-is that one of those cameras where you see the pictures as soon as you take them? (Well, a minute later)...if so-why aren't they looking at the photos?-Polaroid, that's what they're called. Maybe "Instamatic" means is has a real fast shutter, or something..anyway-curious.

I've been surrounded by gay guys all my life-well, at least since I mey Bob (he had a heap of gay friends), so I don't know, but I wouodn't think Texas would be so..liberal as Chicago and Berkeley, except for one crazy old coot.

Do you know about putting an eggshell, sometimes the whole egg, in with the coffee grounds, and mixing them all up before you pour the water on? Or is that too contryfied for Jack and Ennis? I just remember what great coffee it made-guess my mother learned it at home in Selma, Alabama. Hey I STILL use "The Joy of Cooking"!

Anyway, like the rest of your fans, if you stop now, I'd go stark raving mad...
scudder chapter 9 . 4/27/2006
Thanks for a great story! You are filling in the lacunae beautifully and it is quite psychologically satisfying. It calls to my mind the "Swiss Family Robinson" which I read several tmes as a child and the serials in the Saturday Evening Post, "Hornblower" in particular. I can't wait for the next installment. One thing though, I thought Ennis was affectionate with his horses, calling them "'lil darling."
CadetBrujon chapter 8 . 4/27/2006
Those "I miss you, Daddy"s are just heartbreaking!

I'm glad Ennis didn't forget his promise to send cards to the girls.

Neat device here!
CadetBrujon chapter 9 . 4/27/2006
I think the real charm of this chapter is that what happens in it is just so darn ... ordinary! You paint the house. You buy curtains. You have to do laundry and the washing machine overflows (suddenly I'm thinking of Ricky and Fred trying to do housework in "I Love Lucy"). And you get caught making out on the sofa! LOL!

But this is life! This is making a life together!

And it's nice to see Ennis growing and changing in a good way.

Beautifully done!
MadLori chapter 9 . 4/27/2006
Damn, but I love this story. It's wonderful.

That being said, I'm dubious that Tom would find the sight of Jack and Ennis kissing to be "hot." No matter how open-minded and liberal they are, most men still have an instinctive "eww" response to the sight of two men kissing. It doesn't make them homophobic if that's the case. I would totally buy Tom being embarrassed to intrude on their privacy, but having him find it sexy stretches the credibility a bit.
331 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 .. Last Next »