Reviews for A Love Born From Steel
ILoveAnnie chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
I have loved reading and re-reading your chapters. I love the direction this story is headed ...

I can't wait for more chapters, please do keep 'em coming!
Sam Cdn chapter 8 . 4/24/2006
I really enjoyed the "Interlude of Correspondence". It's an interesting way of exposing the communication between Ennis and his other family and I thought you did it really well!

I'm still enjoying how cute you make Jack and Ennis. I'm also still looking forward to when Tom discovers what everybody else knows about our favourite cowboys!

-Sam
amdaz chapter 8 . 4/24/2006
A friend asked me to read this fic. Am I ever glad that she did. Wonderful story.

I hope to see more soon.

Thank YOU!
MaineWriter chapter 8 . 4/23/2006
To Ellye (and others): I do plan on finishing this story. I am hard at work...I try to get a chapter finished every 4 or 5 days. I do have a day job-this is just a hobby! Thanks for your support and keep reading!

MaineWriter
ellye chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
I've just discovered this wonderful story about 3 days ago. I do hope it hasn't ground to a halt just as I DO start reading it, cos there's been nothing new since then. Is that usual? How often are chapters added?

It's happened before that as I discover an unfinished story, the chapters stop coming!
rchglphpa chapter 8 . 4/22/2006
I really enjoyed the build up in this story, and your last chapter on the correspondence was really well thought and excellent reading. Really nice story.

So when do we get the chapter with the visit? Soon I hope.
fenlyn chapter 8 . 4/22/2006
I loved, loved, loved the interlude. What a great idea, and you got so much across through the letters and postcards.
onefreetoroam chapter 8 . 4/22/2006
This was a great idea - really liked it - and the last couple kinda made me a little teary. Thanks - and looking forward to the next chapters. Thansk again.
A Horse Called Hwin chapter 8 . 4/21/2006
This is great! Clearly showed the personalities of each character!
JC chapter 8 . 4/20/2006
Another job well done! It's a quite unique approach to tell the story via their post car/mail exchange. I am looking forward to Junior and Jenny's visit. There must be questions, and some serious talks, do they get to meet Bobby, how will Jack handle the whole situation, and of course the sleeping arrangement ;)
Mystic87 chapter 8 . 4/20/2006
Great story. I've read a lot of Ennis and Jack fics, but yours is by far one of the best and most original. When the girls come to visit are they going to figure out about Jack and Ennis' little "secret"? I know they're young, but Junior may get a bit suspicious. What about Tom? I think he knows, but he just doesn't want to bring it up-might think its rude or such. I also have a feeling that Jack and Ennis will buy the farm when Uncle Hall passes on. Am I right? Can't wait for more. Your story was recommended in both Wranglers and the Human Interest livejournal communities!
janice dodd chapter 8 . 4/20/2006
i love it, love it love it. they are getting that sweet life jack always talked about. i love the humor you insert in the most unexpected places. i literally laughed out loud in a couple of places.

i also wanted to comment about quanah parker. he is a distant relative. my maternal grandmother was a grandniece. it was something i was always told about from the time i was a small girl. there have been a lot of movies, made about his mother "the searchers" and several other. her name was cynthia ann parker. she was the relative i talked of that was related to my grandmother. her maiden name was parker also. not truly about the story, but a very deep connection that i felt immediately. ive never been on this website before, picked it up from a post on wranglers. i am so excited to find you and am looking forward to more of the fics here, especially yours, im an abiding fan already. the fact you are obviously doing good research and making the facts as real as the story.. thanks again
DeeDee120 chapter 8 . 4/20/2006
Once again a brilliant read. What a cool thing to show the correspondence between Ennis and his girls.. and I just love the signature, your daddy, Ennis. Just how I would picture his character signing it.

Bravo Leslie!
Julie H. Mayer Vognar-julie01 chapter 8 . 4/20/2006
The content of all the letters and cards is great-I'm wondering about maybe occasional spelling and maybe occasional grammar mistakes-I guess you decided to edit them out. Maybe that's best, after all. They would be distracting. It's funny, I remember the spelling mistakes in Jack's postcards, -but, we don't really know how much school he had. I kept wanting Junior to say "say hello to Jack" but OF COURSE she wouldn't!

Alma seems to have quieted down some, huh? Looking forward to the girls' visit!
SF Cowboy chapter 8 . 4/20/2006
This interlude was very hard for me to read . . . through all my tears. What else can I say? . . . it really got to me! Using this correspondence was a great idea. The one line that sticks out is "I don’t want you to sleep in the same room with your friend." That was a condition for my partner and I when we once went to visit his homophobic brother. We stayed at a motel instead.

I forgot to add one more thing to my review of Chapter 7: I'd love to read a situation where Roger is unexpectedly helped by Jack and Ennis (let's say they come upon him after he is injured and they rescue him) and he then changes his opinion of them and of gay men in general. . . just my wishful thinking about getting to know gay people as people and not just as stereotypes.
331 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 .. Last Next »