Reviews for A Love Born From Steel
SF Cowboy chapter 7 . 4/20/2006
Another wonderful chapter! I love the scene on the patio when Hal asks, "“Are you boys….together?" I hope to read more about Hal and "the boys'" interactions. It was a great idea to have them go out on the patio where the three of them could be alone. When I read "Over in the corner, an older man sat alone at a table," I thought of Annie Proulx seeing that older gay man in the bar that inspired her to write Brokeback Mountain, so I was very surprised that he turned out to be a "tire-iron guy." I was also surprised and bothered by Jack referring to him as the "tire-iron guy" when he talked to Ennis later. Given what Ennis experienced as a child, I thought that calling him the "tire-iron guy" was a bit over the top for me.
schmeeple chapter 8 . 4/20/2006
This chapter really good as a break from the main story. I love the fact that we get Junior and Jenny's feeling, something that I don't see much of in other stories. Wel done so far, and keep it up!
Peggyz chapter 8 . 4/20/2006
Just lovely!
fenlyn chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
Just finished ch.7. Really enjoying how your Ennis and Jack are with each other, and with the other folk, especially Hal. Thank you so much!
onefreetoroam chapter 7 . 4/19/2006
Beautiful - especially liked the part where they discuss what they said up on the mountain. Thanks
A Horse Called Hwin chapter 7 . 4/19/2006
Oh no, the first tire-iron guy. God bless them...I hope they would be all right.
Valandil Eluch chapter 7 . 4/18/2006
you broke my heart again i certainly love you fic!
JC chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
I am glad that I read it now than later. Beautifully done, the best chapter so far! No wonder it’s one of my favorites.

"He loved these little curls. Something about them made Ennis seem innocent and young"

I love this. This is exactly that I thought when I watched the movie. Ennis/Heath’s curled hair and eye lashes make him seems so innocent and young.

It’s so sweet that you added the sending pray of thanks joke in the story; finally let Ennis said what he couldn’t say in the past.

Roger Grindell… I smell more trouble coming…

More please. But I will be patient; don’t want to scare your muse away.
CadetBrujon chapter 7 . 4/18/2006
Everybody's right, Honey. This does just get better and better. You really cover the bases here, from the tenderness of Ennis and Jack on Sunday morning, to the drama of the confrontation with Roger Grindell and its aftermath. And the visit with Hal is very sweet.

You go, MaineWriter!
katy chapter 7 . 4/18/2006
I really like your writing, this is such a good story. I love how much personality you give Jack and Ennis. Please update soon!
Joetheone chapter 7 . 4/18/2006
Great chapter, Oh I am just sitting here tearing up at the Love your words brought to me in the final part of the chapter. I'm glad they have an friend in Hal to talk with about things. Also, since Hal is from this town he may have insight to possible problems. Also I'm sorry to hear about the tire iron guy I cannot even say his name he makes me so upset. But, being a gay man I know how they feel have run into that type in my past and not to distant at that. But, they did the noble and right thing. I hope they also find friends in the waitress and her husband. I think they could. Hmm also like the idea of maybe opening up a horse riding school as part of a business. Who knows what will happen all I know is i will look forward to another great chapter. Joe
DeeDee120 chapter 7 . 4/18/2006
Wonderful stories from Leslie. Can't wait for the next chapter. Stories are so detailed, I can envision every scene in my head.
Julie H. Mayer Vognar-julie0 chapter 7 . 4/18/2006
"Ya only need t'look at yer faces t'see yer crazy about eachother," says Hal...this better NOT be so. I think it has to be tempered with the fact that Hal understands their feelings for eacghother better than most people, that to him, a contageous smile, an exchanged look, could mean a lot more than it would to someone else.

But then, when Mr. Nasty confronts them outside the restaureant, you begin to wonder: IS it so obvious to everyone? Or is Grindell just saying the meanest thing he can come up with under the circumstances?

The way Jack and Ennis present to the world is very important, and, if they are going to stay alive for a while, it had better not be too obvious that they're crazy about eachother...

ANYWAY-what a nice surprise to have 2waiting fort me when I got home!
Peggyz chapter 7 . 4/18/2006
Oh MaineWriter, I just really, really love this story. I love Hal, Tom, and of course, our boys. I love them working side by side every day. I love them going out to dinner together. I just love reading about their day to day lives.

I hope you'll keep this story going...and going and going and going...

Thanks!
Sam Cdn chapter 6 . 4/17/2006
Cute chapter. I liked Jack giving Ennis a bunch of his old clothes. And the conversation over the ring was funny! Looking forward to more.

-Sam