Reviews for A Love Born From Steel
jonodo2468 chapter 22 . 10/25/2013
This was the best Fan Fiction I've ever read. It brought me to tears, made me laugh, and made me scream in surprise! I loved every moment and I will definitely be re-reading this in the future. Oh, and awesome job pointing out the flaws of the original movie. I agree, this had a much better ending. :-)
Mych0ice chapter 23 . 10/18/2013
Really enjoyed the story...
M chapter 22 . 8/26/2013
Nevrandil chapter 23 . 5/14/2012
Aw, I loved this. The whole story with Hal, beautiful. How I wish this story (and others like this) could be made into a film.. *sigh*

I'm happy they only had to deal with two negative situations...

oh and maybe there's one situation I wouldn't have minded them dealing with ;)

Fabulous writing! :D

Nev
Ash Strachey chapter 14 . 4/28/2012
This is the fourth time I read this story and I still love it. I've been looking for new books to read and the Nancy Drew ones sound intereasting have you read them before?
Iceanddiamonds chapter 22 . 2/1/2012
Fantastic!
MirrorFlower and DarkWind chapter 23 . 3/19/2011
my favorite story ever now
HopesDieLast chapter 22 . 3/6/2011
I LOVE THIS STORY
philomina chapter 22 . 12/15/2009
I know that Im terribly behind on this review(i.e. 3 years LOL) hopefully you are still answreing mail for this piece. So I came apon this yesterday being bored from Christmas break and wanting a wonderful story to settle down with some hot coco and enjoy. This was and is one of my favorites now. We can only wish that it ended like this. There were so many beautiful moments but I think the epiloge was my favorite. I actually started crying at the last part! I loved the touch where they go to see their own movie! Priceless! Anyways I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this! Even three years later!
SkinheadB chapter 22 . 11/28/2009

wonderful story. just wonderful.

SkinheadB chapter 19 . 11/28/2009

"He got on the bus and the door closed behind him, another shadow of Hal’s life disappearing into the atmosphere."

beautiful.

TiA chapter 23 . 10/16/2009
OK, I'm officially in love with your story and your characters. I never watched "Brokeback Mountain", as I knew the short story, and the unhappy ending. Having read this story, I just had to buy the movie. I know I'm in for some serious crying and a bok of kleenex from finally watching the movie, but I'll have your story to return to to make everything better. Nice work!
Daya chapter 22 . 3/25/2009
Hey,

after having read the whole story and enjoying it very much I thought I leave you a short note to say thank you! I don't know if you will read it but still ... You did a great job and made me laugh out loud a couple of times.

My favourite quote is: "Not like the old days where we had to fuck like bunnies because the clock was ticking.” I really enjoyed that one.

You got a couple of little spelling errors in it, but nothing major. Even I - and English is not my first language - read over them.

The only thing that troubled me was, that Ennis and Jack got quite sentimental in the end. I mean I like happy and emotional times (I actually love them ...) but the "I love you" was close to being a bit overdone. There were just to many times they said it.

I mean I get that they changed but especially Ennis felt sorta ... strange at the end. I would have liked them to stay a little bit more like the Brokeback Mountain Jack and Ennis.

It's just, that I was so happy when Ennis first said "I love you" to Jack, because he's not the type of guy who does that kind of thing often and easy, so I thought Hey he did it, that means a lot but then he just did it again and again and I thought Oh well that actually isn't anything special anylonger
Madame Olive chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
I know that this review will be random, since this was last update two years ago, but I have to thank you. Thanks for writing such a spectacular story! I much, much prefer the ending of A Love Born From Steel than the ending to Brokeback Mountain. I loved Ennis and Jack's affection and dialouge. Thank you for making Junior and Jenny part of the story, too. It was nice to get to know them as characters. Everything felt so real, as if this was a memoir or something. Thanks again for writing so beautifully!
Obbeisance chapter 23 . 7/25/2008
-gigglefit & satisfied sigh-

Thanks so much for this beautiful read. It was smooth and sweet and entertaining- everything that I expect from a enjoyable story and more.

I really, honest to God, enjoyed it, and I implore you, if you ever get to publishing your own stuff, drop me a PM?
331 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »