Reviews for A Love Born From Steel
Moonsign chapter 22 . 3/1/2008
Wonderful...that's all I can say. I was crying like a baby through lots of it, but WOW what writing! Thank you!
Phoenix4life chapter 23 . 2/11/2008
I've never seen the movie but today i've read two excellent stories yours and one by Mad Lori. I truly believe that as long as two people love each other it can never be wrong. I doubt my father would agree with me but thats his choice. Its stories like yours that stay with people for a lifetime.
Perverted Soul chapter 23 . 11/8/2007
Best story I've ever read in my life. I must say that I liked this ending better than the movie one, thank you so much for removing Jack's mustache, made me happy as hell. I got seriously moved by this story, you made me cry out of happiness and sorrow more times than I can count. Thank you so much for writing this, I thi
Talks to Coyotes chapter 16 . 10/6/2006
I've especially gotten interested in the conversation in Chapter 15, in particular, about the process of birth and dying. Treating birth like a medical procedure, with mothers mostly drugged and fathers left out of the loop altogether, that was pretty standard in the US in the 1960s though some of it changed after that. And as I recall, leaving even older children out of the loop when funerals was going on was pretty common too.

Unfortunately, less has changed with the dying process than the birth process. Even today Hal would be pretty lucky to be able to spend his last days in his old family home; it's still an institutionalized thing with so many people just not wanting to know about it.

Not long ago, there was someone on National Public Radio who noted that in many cultures cremation has been a solemn rite of passage that was witnessed by the family and often the community. Not now - it's given over to "experts" who do it in a private setting.
dov chapter 22 . 9/12/2006
I happened on your story a couple few days ago. I just now finished. It was all really most excellent. There are so many parts that stick out in my mind and I wish I could remember details enough to comment specifically on'em, but unfortunately I don't' have that kind of mind. I do, however, really really appreciate the way you merged the BBM picture show characters with your Jack and Ennis, SO COOL, SO CLEVER.

I wish I could'a been a fly on the wall as Ennis and Hal's relationship developed in the nursing home. So completely sweet. Such a beautiful journey into Ennis's heart... ahh I could go on and on but I'll finish by saying I'm sorry to see this journey with Jack and Ennis coming to an end. You took me and the other readers on a wonderful adventure with your words and my mouth to g-ds ear - I'm much obliged .

You're a most accomplished writer and I thank you.

peace
Talks to Coyotes chapter 1 . 8/28/2006
Just started reading, and this is a GREAT first chapter. All the background from the original story, and Jack's essential ambivalence: totally dissatisfied with their life, still totally in love with Ennis and panic-stricken in the morning when he thinks that Ennis might actually have taken him up on the suicide-pact idea.

Will be looking forward to the rest!
ShesMyCHerryPI chapter 15 . 8/17/2006
OO!...jill is one scary lady...
ShesMyCHerryPI chapter 8 . 8/16/2006
for some reason this reminds me of the interlude in RENT

"525600 minutes, 525600 moments so dear. how do you mesure a year in your life. i saylights in sunsets in midnights in cups of coffee"...(gets hit in head) *SHUT UP! YAOU KNOW ya CAN'T SING!*...ow...
beatrice65 chapter 1 . 8/14/2006
Love the story. Discovered it yesterday and just finished reading the last of it. Ready to go on to the sequel. I like that you have brought them up to modern day.
Arlad chapter 23 . 7/22/2006
I LOVED your story. This review is probably going to look rather random, considering you finished the story some time ago, but I only just managed to track it down after reading a few recommendations in wranglers. I don't think I can put into articulate words how much I liked your story... made me cry, gasp, laugh out loud, squeal with delight, smile... It is extraordinary, it is precisely the life I would have wished for Jack and Ennis had they indeed changed their ending. Thank you so much for this story, your writing, your character development, your plot... fantastic.
ohiomyown chapter 4 . 7/18/2006
Well, gal, you finally got me over here, and now I'm hooked. I like (love) this new Ennis, and I'm enjoying Jack's amazement. You have a knack for description that paints a vivid picture. Thanks for writing this, I'll resume with Chapter 5 tomorrow, looking forward to it. . . 'sides, cain't start no sequel till I've done read the main story. Raht?
Porgy chapter 22 . 7/18/2006
MaineWriter,

I just finished this story, and I couldn't be more happy with Jack and Ennis right now. I'm starting in on the sequel.

I like your writing style. It is direct and flows easily. I really enjoyed the plot twists you created. And your characters were well-developed. Tom seemed very likeable as did Jeanie. Crocker almost made my heart stop when he denied the loan. I felt so sorry for Pete. And Hal...well I fell in love with him a little. How could you not?

One of the things that got me was how you re-drew Bobby, Junior, and Jenny. I especially appreciated how your Ennis handled their questions about him & Jack.

I'm glad that you got the boys traveling. Your description of the Maine trip made me homesick. I grew up in Boston, and I spent my summers at camp in New Hampshire.

Your ending just made me smile inside and out. The idea of Jack and Ennis (mostly) being so friendly and social really warmed my heart.

Thank you very much for writing this.
Senorita Rage chapter 23 . 7/12/2006
I can't believe Jenny was a druggie. Never would of supected it. I liked that daugher/father thing meaning how Ennis and Jenny had the same problem of dealing w/ being gay. I really wish Monore left Alma, she pisses me off so much. The Epilogue was really good and seemed really to fit well. Good Job!
IamSaraSidle chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
This story was amazing! I loved it so much. As soon as I started reading it, I just couldn't stop.

Wow... you really write well. Everything you had our favorite cowboys say sounded so natural, like things they would really say.

I really enjoyed this story, I may even print it out and read it again. )
Cat Ballou chapter 22 . 6/28/2006
*sniff*

*cry*

Thank you so much for writing and sharing this amazing and wonderful story! I am sitting here with tears in my eyes and can't say anything more than: You're a fantastic actor and this story is simply one the best I'd ever read!

Hugs love,