Reviews for A Love Born From Steel

Thank you L!
A Horse Called Hwin chapter 23 . 6/27/2006
Nice!
iwishiknew chapter 21 . 6/26/2006
How do thank someone for a miracle? Thank you so very much, but it seems too little. Nothing ever will best Annie Proulx but this was such a tonic. Yes others have tried and some fairly well but this is the one joyous experience I was longing for.

Every sentence played like a movie in my mind.

Life went their way. The sex was hot but the love was absolutley overwhelming. So much ugly in the world full of Mr. Crockers and here is love so strong and so real I suspect that farm house glowed at night even with all the lights (and votive candles!) out.

Beautifully and skillfully written. Makes me wish it could be made into a film. (I have some suggestions for the leads. Bet you can guess who...) Thank you. It was wonderful, truly full of wonder.

If I may be allowed, a trivial point would be that I am not certain Ennis would get that uninhibited that quickly. He did have so much baggage that he brought into the marriage. Jack on the other hand was just as he would have been. Ennis in BBM says "I'll stick with beans," but Jack said, Well, I won't." Ennis was much more prepared to stay in his rut. His love would have gotten him there no doubt but much more slowly I think. Just my opinion.

My name is Gar and I'm a Gyllenhaalic
tammy g chapter 15 . 6/26/2006
Wow,

What a lovely turn of events. You're showing us all demensions of the boys, especially Ennis. I loved Chapt. 2 where you acknowledged that Ennis would only be w/ Jack forever and if Ennis weren't around, Jack would contine searching for some kind of fulfilling life. That was very well done. Thanks for all this effort. It's a joy, isn't it. I wrote Life in bits and Pieces and it was so enjoyable to create.

TG
city girl chapter 12 . 6/26/2006
I love the part where Jack "coaches" on how to make a good "first impression", that salesman aspect of Jack bestowed on to Ennis. Chacked me up, Alma's reaction. She not only sees her ex-husband as happy but also sees that he has become a hottie. *evil smile*
city girl chapter 10 . 6/25/2006
“It’s not yer fault,” said Hal. “It’s me. Livin’ a life in secret—and now I’m old with not much life left.” He paused, then in a soft voice said, “I’m glad I met you boys, though. You’ve made a difference t’me.”

I feel sad for Hal, didn't seem he ever had any kind of chance for that "sweet life".

“Yeah, we’ve got a marriage t’consummate,” said Ennis

I love this.
city girl chapter 9 . 6/25/2006
I feel there is an improvement in writing style as you go along. I can't point to anything specific but I'm feeling like the story is somehow flowing better and becoming more interesting as time goes along somehow.
onefreetoroam chapter 23 . 6/25/2006
Thanks for a little more about the boys - enjoyed the "drabble".
scudder chapter 23 . 6/25/2006
The boys have got to buy a car sometime. Eniss' car has about had it. What car do they end up buying? An El Camino?
Angie chapter 23 . 6/25/2006
“Whatever,” said Ennis, shrugging. “It was a nice lookin’ set. I kept lookin’ at that leather couch, picturin’ you lyin’ on yer back, yer black hair, yer white skin on the leather…picturin’ me puttin’ my cock up yer ass, yer legs in the air, you moanin’ in pleasure, hands rubbin’ smooth against that big leather couch…”

“You were thinkin’ this in the furniture store?” said Jack. “I didn’t notice.”

OH YEAH! GET BACK TO THAT FURNITURE STORE AND GET THAT COUCH. WE MAY GET LUCKY AND HAVE SOME SEQUELS WRITTEN AROUND THAT UH BIL OLE PIECE OF DARK LEATHER FURNITURE.
karin chapter 22 . 6/24/2006
wow wow wow

this was fabulous and i have a smile on my face-i finished this in two nights. great thank you
Karin Dicker chapter 12 . 6/24/2006
oh my gawd i am crying-this is so wonderful. oh my i started crying at chapter one-stayed up until all hours reading went to sleep and started again tonite. how fabulous you are to have written this. thank you for putting a smile on my face.

i love the last line of this chapter. shoot, i love the whole thing!

karind1 on dave cullen
onefreetoroam chapter 22 . 6/22/2006
Wow, this was just beautiful, thank you so much - really liked the ending and you put considerable work into it. From your writing I would have said that your from Maine - but as you know the Magnolia maybe from Texas? The only sad part to this story was Alma's not getting over her feeling and of course the most important is that it's ended - I can only hope that your already thinking of another story to write. Thanks again for a wonderful story.
SF Cowboy chapter 22 . 6/21/2006
I really liked the ending about Ennis and Jack going to see the movie and blurring into the movie characters, who in fact they are.

I'm so sad that your story has ended - I was so enjoying looking forward to and reading each chapter! It almost like the time BBM stopped

playing in theaters!

Thank you so much for adding this extra wonderful dimension to my "BBM Experience." You are a very talented writer and I feel very privileged to

have been able to read your wonderful story.

I hope there will be more!

Pete
MistoMeshai chapter 22 . 6/19/2006
That was one of the best endings I have ever read. Excellent job, I particularily enjoy that it isn't the happily ever after Disneyfied version. You included some things that needed to be said, Alma was still mean, Jenny had her tough time etc.

Good fic, Great ending.