Reviews for A Love Born From Steel
The Lady Luthien chapter 22 . 6/18/2006
A good way to wrap up loose ends. It was truly a great story about their lives and I shall miss it.
donnaread chapter 19 . 6/18/2006
Loved it! Talking about the movie at the end was an extra special touch. Thanks for making my day.
GoldenLyre chapter 22 . 6/18/2006
O_o I'm simply flored! Amazed! In disbelief! :D This fic TOTALLY ROCKED MY SOCKS! You're the master of blurring the line between reality and fiction. Jack and Ennis seeing "Brokeback Mountain" in the theatre was pure genius. Absolutely AMAZING fic.. Makes yuou really wanna go to Quanah on July 4th! Hahaha! And go look for Lazy L Farm. Lol I was tempted to email WELL DONE - ABSOLUTELY AMAZING fic! *gold star*
Bloody Absinthe chapter 22 . 6/17/2006
This was one of my favourite stories and I actually would check on it daily. I'm sad to see it finished, but it was a touching story that oddly I can relate with. You are a brilliant authour and for that you deserve all the respect that has been given to you by your adoring readers. Make sure to tell Ennis and Jack that I, Sheena, have wished them a Happy 30th Anniversary. And I feel obligated to wish Jenny, Kelly and their family the very best. Thank you for sharing their magnificent love story with us. All the power to them!
rchglphpa chapter 22 . 6/17/2006
Am sorry this is over. It was a good story and a fun read.

You really did a good job with wrapping up everyone's story, and I really enjoyed that you didn't make everything happy happy, but everything did turn out workable satisfactory, and everyone has their own place and still making memories.

good job and fun too. Thanks for sharing.
A Horse Called Hwin chapter 22 . 6/17/2006
It makes me a little sad to see the last chapter of this wonderful story... However, the ending is really a great one, and I believe that Jack and Ennis do live happily ever after...

Oh, by the way, see you in Quanah this July! *Chuckles*
Joetheone chapter 22 . 6/17/2006
You blow me away with the magic you have created and the ending here was so fantastic I want to drive to Quanah right now. You know my partner and I have had a 4th of July party every year for 10 years and it is our secret day of celebrating our lives we never tell our friends it is between us but special. And similiar we have mostly families and friends and do not spend much time with gay lifestyle bars and stuff just find it well not fulfilling. You really made me so happy with this entire story and I just cannot comment on each part right now because I'm too emotional but thank you so much. Joe
Peggyz chapter 22 . 6/17/2006
From: Peggy Zehr

Date: 06/17/06 08:29:06

To:

Subject: Happy Anniversary!

Hello Ennis & Jack,

Just wanted to wish you a Happy 30th Anniversary and tell you how much I love the story of your lives. Knowing you're all so happy makes me happy, too! I hope you live to be old and gray together and I hope to hear more of your life, the life of your kids and grandkids.

I wish I could be there with you this summer. Just know you are in my thoughts.

A friend,

Peggy

P.S. Please give my best to MaineWriter and thank her for sharing your story with us. She's a FABULOUS writer and I hope to read more from her!
MaineWriter chapter 21 . 6/15/2006
Thanks for noticing the goof on Buddy Holly's age. It has been corrected.

MaineWriter
Holly Fan chapter 21 . 6/14/2006
Ahh, good chapter but Buddy was 23 (not 33) when he died.
rchglphpa chapter 21 . 6/14/2006
Oh this was a great chapter. I loved their heart to heart talks, and buying the bed was a hoot! Meeting Ray was a good thing too I think-Ennis is getting better and better, and getting more sociable all the time. Excellent storytelling, having such fun reading this.
DeeDee120 chapter 21 . 6/14/2006
Another great chapter flies by. They keep getting better and better.
julie01-Julie Vognar chapter 21 . 6/14/2006
Fantastic funny ending! Is that all? Sniff...loove funny endings...guess i better put one on my story. After all, if everyone is laughing at it already, you don't want anyone in tears on paper.

I THINK it's "which side of the plate I batted from," not, 'which team I played for." "Twould be the left side .(this is all from The Dreyfus Affair, 1992, but he seesm to know a good deal about baseball...except that his happy ending was about 100 years too early. Welcome to the suck...)

Bankers don't die, they just turn to embossed paper...

I don't KNOW anyone who winks well, that's my problem.

OH-twice you changed "There isn't much TO read" to "Don't read much," I have it on good authority that I should have stuck to my guns...you don't know what I'm talking about, do you?

Why do I take up review spacew with my junk?

Bck to 19 (20): I did get the feeling, for a while, that Ray (name?) was just trying to make a good sale, but decided that it was all meant well.
blackhatnbeard chapter 21 . 6/14/2006
Such love and happiness. This is so beautiful to read. I feel a peacefulness coming over me for them. If nothing else they've found that "sweet life" and know what its like. So happy for these characters. Makes my heart feel good, but your writing always does. Thank you!
patsnnott chapter 20 . 6/14/2006
Hi Leslie,

Another wonderful chapter, a great message imbedded in it.

Some would say "What goes around comes around", but my preference is "You reap what you sew". Loved the resolution.

I actually thought this chapter was the end of ALBFS, as I read a comment from you on Dave Cullen or Bettermost that said you finished the story, and sad as I was that ALBFS was over, I felt the finale of this chapter was a good place to end, Jack and Ennis celebrating with champagne at the passing of the Lazy L to them. BUT, I'm so happy to see another chapter here today. Can't wait to read it, I'm sure it's going to be great.

Thanks for making us feel closer to Jack and Ennis.
331 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »